Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Addled means confused or unable to think clearly (it can also mean rotten), so he will probably have an overdose of caffeine in his body.

Quote:
I think it's actually been good for L/P because they sort of flirt with the idea, then run from it, then slowly revisit it, then balk, it seems realistic given the two parties involved and their individual fears and differences.
That's what many people don't like about L/P. They are dancing around each other. If they want to be together, just do it. If the writers want them to be an item at any time, there is no need to go all Ross/Rachel on us...I hated R/R.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They are dancing around each other. If they want to be together, just do it. If the writers want them to be an item at any time
Well, that's how TV works mostly with couples. It's pretty rare to have a couple hook up early and then have them stay that way til the end of the show. My view is that they're not there yet in there lifes where they can be together because something happens all the time that keeps them from actually getting together. But once but mature and get a few years older, they will both realise that, like Kaley has said, that the one is living next door to each other That's how I see Leonard/Penny, but I know some of you don' and that's fine by me
Old 03-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

It depends on the writers and how they write such a couple but it's doable. Sitcom plus an on/off hooking up couple doesn't mix well IMO. It gets boring after some time. And they haven't really been inventive with the story lines so far.

Anyway the episode from March 16th better have lots of S/P in it.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with that it depends on how the story is written. I like it, but I guess they can't please everybody. Just look at House

I actually also hope for some fun S/P scenes. I don't see them as a threat to my ship at all, so I can enjoy them. I'm happy about that
Old 03-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I actually think they are doing agreat job with L/P.

They have agood friendship right now with subtle hints once and a while. But they arent together. I dont think their "back and forth" is that overwhelming right now. Not in comparison to other pairings on television.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, they'äre not dominating the show and the show is not about them...unlike other shows *Cough*House!*Cough*

Old 03-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I don't see them as a threat to my ship at all
You should.

Now it's not bad, I liked their friendship scenes in the last episode but I just hope they won't do a R/R scenario, if they plan L/P as a couple.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But once but mature and get a few years older, they will both realise that, like Kaley has said, that the one is living next door to each other
Haha that's exactly how I see it, too. Just with a different neighbor

Quote:
I don't see them as a threat to my ship at all, so I can enjoy them. I'm happy about that
Well, I for one am relieved to hear that. Good for you! Considering how heated some P/L shippers can get in their explanations of the wrongness of our shipping preferences, it's nice to know you don't all feel threatened.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

lol

Quote:

BTW I voted too.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Well, I for one am relieved to hear that. Good for you! Considering how heated some P/L shippers can get in their explanations of the wrongness of our shipping preferences, it's nice to know you don't all feel threatened.
I sure can make arguments about them, but it's not because I feel like they will happen, it's because I don't like the idea of them ad I just wan to explian why

Quote:
I knew someone would pick up on that, but I was too lazy to write anything else
Old 03-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think they dominate the show, personally. Not always romantically, but still.

As someone that watched the whole show over a couple days, it seems like they'll do a bunch of episodes about them in a row and then stop.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
As someone that watched the whole show over a couple days, it seems like they'll do a bunch of episodes about them in a row and then stop.
I know what you mean. I've marathoned this show, too and it's definitely far more noticeable when you watch everything in a few sittings instead of week-to-week basis

ETA:

Quote:
I sure can make arguments about them, but it's not because I feel like they will happen, it's because I don't like the idea of them ad I just wan to explian why
Apocalypse might be approaching since once again I agree with you. It's not like I feel P/L won't happen, it's because I don't like the idea of them and like to explain my arguments on why. No wait... you said you don't feel like P/S will happen. Then phew, the world is saved, we do disagree after all!
Old 03-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
No wait... you said you don't feel like P/S will happen. Then phew, the world is saved, we do disagree after all!

While I was reading what you said there I had time to think "Hm...no, that wasn't what I said"
Old 03-06-2009, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am not saying this because I am an L/P fan, but I just dont see how they could realistically do S/P without destroying Sheldon?

I mean, his whole appeal just doesnt coincide with being romantically linked to someone IMO.

I cant see him like, in a relationship, or anything? It'd just be weird for his character.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I am not saying this because I am an L/P fan, but I just dont see how they could realistically do S/P without destroying Sheldon?

I mean, his whole appeal just doesnt coincide with being romantically linked to someone IMO.

I cant see him like, in a relationship, or anything? It'd just be weird for his character.
Well characters change and grow up, even in a sitcom. Friends is the best example, Monica and Chandler are like the last two people I expected to get married together, I couldn't picture Phoebe getting married either, she did in the end and it didn't destroy her character.

Sheldon will change and grow up (as will the other characters)

I would hate to miss another boat
Closed Thread   Post New Thread