Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2015, 09:02 AM
Elite Fan

Old 08-27-2015, 09:27 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe that's how she gets the idea to resurrect Sara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
Wait a Constantine and Laurel hookup?!?!!!???

Yasssssssss!!! Get it Laurel! Hit it and quit it!!! Wash off all of Oliver from S1
Exorcise the demons.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:48 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:

Yasssssssss!!! Get it Laurel! Hit it and quit it!!! Wash off all of Oliver from S1
That's just what fans want to happen.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 08-27-2015, 10:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollock (View Post)

Well that recent interview from Marc Guggenheim was about as much confirmation of endgame as we will ever get when he made those comments in regards to Olicity about having to react to lack of chemistry between actors with actors who have lots of chemistry and not being hell bent on one plan or one vision
^I love that interview! He was like no effs given (about haters calling fan service and what not) MG in that interview, lol. And that was at least his second interview this summer where's he shut down haters screaming fan service and talked about chemistry and lack of chemistry and how it's not wise or smart to stay stuck on the original plan when it's not working. He's has definitely gotten as close to saying Olicity is endgame and other ships aren't happening again as he can too. They''ll never 100% say never to an obviously dead ship or confirm endgame because like I said that wouldn't be smart business but between him and SA, they've still all but confirmed endgame, you are right pollock. If the writing wasn't clear enough, they've made it even clearer that there won't be any returning to already dead ships and Olicity is endgame. And I love them for it! Always awesome to hear them saying stuff like that! This is going to be an amazing season! Calling it now, Olicity will be engaged by season's end. Because it is full steam ahead for Olicity! Yay! Can't wait!
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 08-27-2015, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Quote:
Antonio Negret ‏@antonionegret
Heading back, baby... #Arrow #Season4 #HereWeGo
https://twitter.com/antonionegret/st...80980667031553
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 08-27-2015, 12:28 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks Hazel

Quote:

https://popcultureperversion.files.w...5yr7o1_500.gif

I don't know if its actually going to happen its just what a couple of Olicity fans were speculating based on Marc saying that Laurel and Constantine share a lot of scenes together or something. But I like the idea though. Laurel is like Oliver in a way in that she takes herself way too seriously sometimes while Constantine looks like someone who could get her to loosen up.

Obviously Matt Ryan is just a guest star so it can't be a long term thing but I could get behind a temporary hook up between the two of them
Old 08-27-2015, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

Constantine is supposedly going to be heavily involved in Sara's resurrection to so some of those scenes will be about that but sure why not. I agree pollock, Laurel does need someone who could loosen her up. I wonder if Constantine had a love interest on his show. Not that it really matters now, but I'm just curious.

Yay for Antonio coming back to direct! Yes, yes, yes! I love him! I can't wait to see whatever episode he directs! So excited!

Thanks for posting that Hazel!
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 08-27-2015, 12:46 PM
Absolute Fan

I watched one episode of Constantine and wasn't really a fan even though the actor has that moody British wise cracking personality which I like, but the concept was a bit much for me. But yeah I think he did have a love interest if memory serves or someone who was being set up to be at least. But the character of Constantine doesn't seem like a hearts and flowers romance kind of guy so I don't think its a love interest in that way. More of sexy way At least imo I didn't watch the show enough.

But Laurel could use some loving with a sexy older guy if they are not going to give her a proper love interest yet
Old 08-27-2015, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for that info pollock. I never watched the show, so I really don't know much about him.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:50 PM
Absolute Fan

Im not sure of the context of how and why this fan met and interviewed Marc, so take it with a grain of salt, but the answers all sound pretty legitimate:

Quote:
I can’t express how much meeting Marc yesterday made my year! He is the most Awesome, genuine, and enthusiastic writer I’ve ever met. Bonus, he loves questions and engaging fans!!! I didn’t have a lot of time to prepare so I sent a SOS to Jbuffyangel to help me get prepared because meeting Marc was too friggin awesome and I was losing my chill.

So, here are some of the answers he gave (please don’t take these as word for word quotes because I’m no good at short hand and was trembling and writing quickly).

Q: Is the 5 year arc-with the flashbacks and present time, plan still the same or have they had to deviate drastically?

A: They have not deviated drastically and if ratings continue to be strong they will not have to change; however, if ratings tank then they will make changes as needed.

*Side note- It is hard not to stare and get lost in his love for this show and his excitement.

Q: One scene he wrote on Arrow that he’s most proud of?

A: That’s a hard question, then tons of laughing and deep thought. Next, I don’t want to be a woman that you love. Also, Marc loves to give the “traditional” last scene I wrote answer and I was persistent to not walk away with that.

Q: What did he consider S3 biggest success and biggest failures?

A: Biggest success, all the surprises at the end of the season. Biggest failures were he felt that they didn’t do enough to service John Diggles’ character. He went on for some time explaining that this year is John Diggles’ year and fans of his will be happy.

This is where I applauded him on the selection of the actor who played Andy. He replied that David Ramsey had suggested that actor and it worked out perfectly. I got such a kick out of watching him answer and you could tell that he is truly invested in Diggles’ story and excited about all the goodness of it.

Q: Does he write with specific symbolic imagery in mind or does that arise from the director? For example, the light between Oliver and Felicity as they kiss-was that a writing decision or a directing choice?

A: Director choice. His love for Glenn Winter knows no bounds!!!

Q: Anything he wishes he could change?

A: In television, there are always things that you would like to go back and tweak or change. Side note: I asked if he would’ve like to have more scenes with Oliver and Ray because they were hilarious. His reply…Absolutely! He explained that more of their scenes are coming. So again, I asked, wouldn’t it be different since Oliver has changed and is more lighter. He replied that Oliver is still Oliver, just so much more fun. He complimented Stephen on his interpretation of the new and improved Oliver.

Q: What internet name do you like most (Marc, Guggie, Guggensass)?

A: Guggie…with lots and lots of laughter

Q: Not so much a question, but I did tell him that I saw several request to kidnap him and make him give up the trailer. He thought that would be my only question but quickly I told him that I came prepared for more than that. I also told him that I see lots of people losing their **** because it hasn’t come out.

A: He laughed the entire time and he wishes that he had more control over the release, but sadly it is not up to him. His best guess…by Labor Day weekend. Marc is one of US. He wants it out too.

Q: How much **** is he getting over Vixen being 5 mins?

A: Tons!!!! He wishes that it could’ve been longer too, but he says that it surpassed their expectations and that the decision makers are hearing all of your tweets and desires for more time. As far as Marc goes, he is simply giving the decision makers what they ordered in terms of the amount of time and he gave the impression that he wants more too. Like I said, Marc is one of us.

Lastly, I know that Marc is a big fan of Sons of Anarchy as I am. I compared Jax and Tara’s relationship to Oliver and Felicity. If you’re not familiar with the show, it is a must watch. If so, you’ll be thrilled to know that Marc was in agreement with me that Jax & Tara had a relationship that didn’t interfere with the story telling and Jax remained true to his character. At the end of the day, Jax was still ruthless, badass, and not to be taken lightly; but, his love for his girl was amazing. Marc liked the comparison. So I continued that I thought Arrow has what it takes to continue making Olicity goodness while Arrow maintains its gritty storytelling with no interference. He agreed whole heartedly.

Okay, sorry this was so long but talking to Marc for over an hour was pretty ****ing awesome. BTW, I’m grown so don’t correct the language. Also, a HUGE thank you to Jbuffyangel!!!!! My love for you knows no bounds. Marc ate the questions up and was not bothered in the least. As a matter of fact, if I could have stayed longer he would’ve kept talking. You made me look good girl and I love you all the more for it!

Side note: After grilling him for more than an hour, I asked for autographs and a picture. Mr. Amazing got up from his chair, came around and gave me the biggest hug ever. Thanked me for the conversation and for driving 2 hours to see him. I’m in love with a writer!
Meeting Marc Guggenheim - youmademeafan
Old 08-27-2015, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

^ thanks for sharing that. I love hearing anything regarding Diggle news. I am honestly really looking forward to season 4. I hope it's all I expect and more.

Im not sure I'd compare F/O and T/J but then again i quit watching SoA around season 3 or 4. I can't recall. Might get back to that none day. T/J seem more L/O to me.

Since I'm still not 100% Behind any ship that is in no way a criticism. I do lean more towards F/O these days but I could be swayed back by the writers. Time will tell. F/O have an innocence to them that compels me that's some J/T never had.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Quote:
Meeting Marc Guggenheim

I can’t express how much meeting Marc yesterday made my year! He is the most Awesome, genuine, and enthusiastic writer I’ve ever met. Bonus, he loves questions and engaging fans!!! I didn’t have a lot of time to prepare so I sent a SOS to Jbuffyangel to help me get prepared because meeting Marc was too friggin awesome and I was losing my chill.

So, here are some of the answers he gave (please don’t take these as word for word quotes because I’m no good at short hand and was trembling and writing quickly).

Q: Is the 5 year arc-with the flashbacks and present time, plan still the same or have they had to deviate drastically?

A: They have not deviated drastically and if ratings continue to be strong they will not have to change; however, if ratings tank then they will make changes as needed.

*Side note- It is hard not to stare and get lost in his love for this show and his excitement.

Q: One scene he wrote on Arrow that he’s most proud of?

A: That’s a hard question, then tons of laughing and deep thought. Next, I don’t want to be a woman that you love. Also, Marc loves to give the “traditional” last scene I wrote answer and I was persistent to not walk away with that.

Q: What did he consider S3 biggest success and biggest failures?

A: Biggest success, all the surprises at the end of the season. Biggest failures were he felt that they didn’t do enough to service John Diggles’ character. He went on for some time explaining that this year is John Diggles’ year and fans of his will be happy.

This is where I applauded him on the selection of the actor who played Andy. He replied that David Ramsey had suggested that actor and it worked out perfectly. I got such a kick out of watching him answer and you could tell that he is truly invested in Diggles’ story and excited about all the goodness of it.

Q: Does he write with specific symbolic imagery in mind or does that arise from the director? For example, the light between Oliver and Felicity as they kiss-was that a writing decision or a directing choice?

A: Director choice. His love for Glenn Winter knows no bounds!!!

Q: Anything he wishes he could change?

A: In television, there are always things that you would like to go back and tweak or change. Side note: I asked if he would’ve like to have more scenes with Oliver and Ray because they were hilarious. His reply…Absolutely! He explained that more of their scenes are coming. So again, I asked, wouldn’t it be different since Oliver has changed and is more lighter. He replied that Oliver is still Oliver, just so much more fun. He complimented Stephen on his interpretation of the new and improved Oliver.

Q: What internet name do you like most (Marc, Guggie, Guggensass)?

A: Guggie…with lots and lots of laughter

Q: Not so much a question, but I did tell him that I saw several request to kidnap him and make him give up the trailer. He thought that would be my only question but quickly I told him that I came prepared for more than that. I also told him that I see lots of people losing their **** because it hasn’t come out.

A: He laughed the entire time and he wishes that he had more control over the release, but sadly it is not up to him. His best guess…by Labor Day weekend. Marc is one of US. He wants it out too.

Q: How much **** is he getting over Vixen being 5 mins?

A: Tons!!!! He wishes that it could’ve been longer too, but he says that it surpassed their expectations and that the decision makers are hearing all of your tweets and desires for more time. As far as Marc goes, he is simply giving the decision makers what they ordered in terms of the amount of time and he gave the impression that he wants more too. Like I said, Marc is one of us.

Lastly, I know that Marc is a big fan of Sons of Anarchy as I am. I compared Jax and Tara’s relationship to Oliver and Felicity. If you’re not familiar with the show, it is a must watch. If so, you’ll be thrilled to know that Marc was in agreement with me that Jax & Tara had a relationship that didn’t interfere with the story telling and Jax remained true to his character. At the end of the day, Jax was still ruthless, badass, and not to be taken lightly; but, his love for his girl was amazing. Marc liked the comparison. So I continued that I thought Arrow has what it takes to continue making Olicity goodness while Arrow maintains its gritty storytelling with no interference. He agreed whole heartedly.

Okay, sorry this was so long but talking to Marc for over an hour was pretty ****ing awesome. BTW, I’m grown so don’t correct the language. Also, a HUGE thank you to Jbuffyangel!!!!! My love for you knows no bounds. Marc ate the questions up and was not bothered in the least. As a matter of fact, if I could have stayed longer he would’ve kept talking. You made me look good girl and I love you all the more for it!

Side note: After grilling him for more than an hour, I asked for autographs and a picture. Mr. Amazing got up from his chair, came around and gave me the biggest hug ever. Thanked me for the conversation and for driving 2 hours to see him. I’m in love with a writer!
Meeting Marc Guggenheim - youmademeafan
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 08-27-2015, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for that pollock and Hazel! Sounds legit to me. Love all that he said about Olicity. And so excited for more focus on Diggle!
Old 08-27-2015, 02:42 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
Im not sure I'd compare F/O and T/J but then again i quit watching SoA around season 3 or 4. I can't recall. Might get back to that none day. T/J seem more L/O to me.

Since I'm still not 100% Behind any ship that is in no way a criticism. I do lean more towards F/O these days but I could be swayed back by the writers. Time will tell. F/O have an innocence to them that compels me that's some J/T never had.
I haven't watched SoA but I think the person was just comparing the way the show balances the action/drama with the romance and not the couples themselves. Like the romance on the show doesn't take anything away from the action and the bad assery of the character of Jax and they are hopeful on Arrow that Oliver and Felicity's romance wont take anything away from the show or Oliver's character.

Personally I would like to see Oliver and Felicity slip into a Nathan and Haley One tree hill kind of relationship place on the show. Nathan and Haley were together for the entire series, they were solid, they had ups and downs and obstacles but they weren't the be all and end all of the show. They blended into the larger story.