Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2019, 07:08 AM
Master Fan

Agreed - good luck to both.

Look at the Originals, they just killed of Hayley in the last season without any thought to the fact fans had stuck with the show for years and we're expecting a Haylijah endgame. So I don't put anything past showrunners anymore.

IMO, this whole having a kid and hiding her away storyline is an annoying ending for Felicity. I haven't properly watched in years but I hate that concept when I think of S1 and S2 Felicity. She's this widow and mother cut off from everything, stuck in the woods. OTP's having kids isn't all its cracked up to be, believe me.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
IMO, this whole having a kid and hiding her away storyline is an annoying ending for Felicity. I haven't properly watched in years but I hate that concept when I think of S1 and S2 Felicity. She's this widow and mother cut off from everything, stuck in the woods. OTP's having kids isn't all its cracked up to be, believe me.
I think it all depends on how it is written. They could write her as woman who found purpose in motherhood and in a career. And who is to say the flashforward is even going to happen the way it was shown? Maybe this is another alternate timeline that might change due to CoIE or due to Nora's messing with the timeline.

I really doubt it going to be that simple as it's shown in the flashforwards. In fact, I'd say the whole point of showing a flashforward is usually to give us a taste of something that could be, but doesn't ultimately happens. After all, the 'timeline is malleable' .
Old 04-01-2019, 10:04 AM
Master Fan

I'm not watching so I could be wrong but I don't think Arrow's future will change. If Barry/Kara aren't dying in Crisis then who will if not Oliver thus causing the flashforward to occur as it is in s7.

If it does though - they could make Oliver fake his death and go to the cabin. He doesn't tell anyone, especially not Barry or Kara because otherwise them never calling him for help would be weird. So he ends where he began - everyone believing Oliver Queen is dead.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.

Last edited by SuitUp; 04-01-2019 at 03:18 PM
Old 04-01-2019, 10:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Showrunner Beth Schwartz said it was the future, period.
Of course, she could be lying, but i don't think they would have invested so much screentime for just a "possible future".

Besides, the fact that half of team Arrow (René, Dinah, Roy) had no idea Felicity had a daughter suggests that the hiding at the cabin is actually happening. It's just vague enough so we don't know how Oliver factors into all of this.

Last edited by killer93; 04-01-2019 at 10:53 AM
Old 04-01-2019, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the info.

Oliver could always pull a Bobby Ewing.
Philanthropist.

Old 04-01-2019, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

❤️
Old 04-01-2019, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

What a sweet message.
Philanthropist.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:57 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the tweet.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I really couldn’t care less. The show started without her, it can end without her.

Won’t matter though. The damage is already done. Her leaving can’t fix anything now.

I know right, her importance has become so inflated. This show started as the Oliver Queen story, no one else.

Cant change the past but maybe now they can focus on giving a great final season, without Felicity/Olicity being a distraction. Now they will be forced to focus on the story and character that started it all.

Quote:
Quote:
I think in the eyes of the big bosses (i mean the people at Warners Bros), only Stephen/Oliver is essential.
And for a good reason, as super popular as Felicity is, she is still not as popular as Oliver Queen. For the overall viewership of the show, he is the most beloved and valued character.

According to this study Oliver Queen is one of the top 20 most popular characters in the world. [Notice, most on the list are lead characters]
https://www.businessinsider.com/most...oung-sheldon-2

Felicity is nowhere to be seen on this list, so the show will go on as long as its leader Stephen Amell/Oliver Queen is there. He is the true beating heart of the show

Last edited by Honeycutt; 04-01-2019 at 06:59 PM
Old 04-01-2019, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

Wrong thread

Last edited by Arrow fan; 04-01-2019 at 07:21 PM
Old 04-02-2019, 09:04 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycutt (View Post)
According to this study Oliver Queen is one of the top 20 most popular characters in the world. [Notice, most on the list are lead characters]
https://www.businessinsider.com/most...oung-sheldon-2
Thanks for the link.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:02 AM
Master Fan

Old 04-04-2019, 12:33 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the tweet.
Philanthropist.

Old 04-05-2019, 02:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

Do you have anything on Arrow‘s Season 7 finale? –Morgan
You mean the episode that gave Stephen Amell literal goosebumps once he read it? And that now stands to be Emily Bett Rickards’ final episode? “All I have to say is the finale script, almost everyone who read it was in tears,” showrunner Beth Schwartz tells TVLine. “I’m very happy with it, and I think the audience is going to really like it.”

Any rumblings about making Arrow‘s Kat McNamara, Ben Lewis and Joseph Jones series regulars for the final season? Or maybe a possible spin-off is in the works? —Stephanie

We did ask Schwartz if the all-flash forwards episode, “Star City 2040,” was envisioned as a backdoor pilot of sorts for a possible offshoot. “It was definitely meant to grow the world that we had already built and to see the next generation of what Oliver and Felicity and our present-day team have worked so hard for, and sort of see what happens in the future,” she answered. “We love those characters and would love to see them go on in some capacity after the show’s over,” possibly via crossovers with the remaining Arrowverse shows. “We were so happy, internally, about how it came out,” she added. “We kinda love our future story.”
https://tvline.com/2019/04/05/lucife...ucifer-secret/
Old 04-06-2019, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the latest.
Philanthropist.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread