Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2018, 03:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

poor Oliver although i don’t actually think he’s going to die

Last edited by Japril; 12-12-2018 at 03:31 PM
Old 12-12-2018, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

I feel like he should as a way to finish Arrow and have the other universes continue but I'm not sure they would do it.

Also it would understandably upset Arrow fans who would like him to have a happy ending or at least an ending where he survives.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:20 AM
Extreme Fan

I don’t think Oliver is going to die, or, if he does, that it would be a permanent death. I think it would be more likely they would show us a Dark Knight Rises inspired scenario, where, for all sakes and purposes, Oliver Queen is dead, and the World perceives him as dead, whereas he is actually living his happy ending somewhere else, possibly going by another name.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
The definition of loser depends on which DCTV show you support.

I didn't watch the crossovers, so here's the recap:

This is all confusing
Old 12-13-2018, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

I thought the crisis ended the multiverse and brought all earths together?
Old 12-13-2018, 07:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I thought the crisis ended the multiverse and brought all earths together?
It did, but it also killed some characters and make it so some of them never existed in the first place.

For example: Barry Allen died, whereas Supergirl died AND ceased to exist, or in another words, no one remembered her existence afterwards. Barry, on the other hand, was still remembered.

The Helena Wayne version of Huntress died on CoIE, and ceased to exist, because in the new universe created by CoIE, Batman and Catwoman never had a daughter. Several characters perished, some ceased to exist, some didn't. But no one who died came back as themselves, unlesse there was at least one version of the character (mostly the Earth one versions) who survived the Crisis.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

I don't follow much re: Melissa but is she more interested in Broadway like Jeremy? Or will she stick with the show for the long haul?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
I don’t think Oliver is going to die, or, if he does, that it would be a permanent death. I think it would be more likely they would show us a Dark Knight Rises inspired scenario, where, for all sakes and purposes, Oliver Queen is dead, and the World perceives him as dead, whereas he is actually living his happy ending somewhere else, possibly going by another name.
He has fake died before and the show has no problem recycling and borrowing storylines. I could never see them pulling the trigger.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:06 PM
Ultimate Fan

doesn’t the flash disappear or wil all three will die
Old 12-13-2018, 05:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Already I think all this is to create drama for in the end no one dies.

As everyone would already have in mind that this plot twist would result in the death of Oliver instead of Barry and Kara, becoming predictable, I believe that in the end nothing will happen.

I believe the Monitor has found in the heroes of Earth1 and Earth 38 formidable heroes who can make the necessary sacrifices for the greater good, whatever it takes, and in Oliver he has found someone who has no powers but his inner strength is huge, someone of value and I believe the Monitor made this false pact (for the Monitor, not for Oliver) to continue testing him and when the crisis arrives and Oliver is ready to pay will happen another plot twist that will leave him alive.

In the end, the power of friendship between Oliver, Barry, Kara and the heroes who will fight in the crisis will be the deciding factor for everyone to leave alive, but there must be some tragedy to generate the necessary drama.

The Rogue Prince
Old 12-13-2018, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ I could totally see it playing out like that.

I am a Comic Newbie... read some but not nearly enough to understand all of this, lol.

Can someone who has knowledge explain what this Monitor is all about? Is he/she actually a good entity/being? I know there's an anti-Monitor too?

PS: Really liked Oliver in the Crossover. I don't watch Arrow anymore (though I might start back up) so I didn't really understand Part 2 very much... but this Crossover was my favorite for Oliver for sure. He was great in it.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:16 AM
Elite Fan

Well, in the comics the monitors protect the multiverse. The anti-monitor is the one who causes the crisis to happen.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Well, in the comics the monitors protect the multiverse. The anti-monitor is the one who causes the crisis to happen.
Got it. Thanks.

So technically the Monitor is good or I guess, necessary?
Old 12-14-2018, 05:45 AM
Elite Fan

Good? Maybe. I guess it depends on your POV. He and the anti monitor exist simply as the balance in the universe. His side wants things to remain the way they are, with the multiverse intact. And the anti-monitor is a threat to that. Obviously he was testing the heroes on different earths to see if they were strong enough to stand up against what is to come.

So yes, he is necessary. But I honestly thought he was a douche in Elseworlds.

Last edited by scififan2009; 12-14-2018 at 06:03 AM
Old 12-14-2018, 06:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Got it. Thanks.

So technically the Monitor is good or I guess, necessary?
I would say that The Monitor is more about balance that he is about good (but he does fight evil).
Old 12-14-2018, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thank, you guys!

It makes so much sense now.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread