Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2015, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The CW is currently in the works of creating a team-up spinoff of Arrow and The Flash.

The potential new series will feature several recurring characters and will be spearheaded by Arrow creators Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kriesberg and Marc Guggenheim.

The network plans to launch the project next season with familiar faces from both shows including: Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller and Caity Lotz.

The untitled project, described as a "superhero team-up show", will include three major DC Comics characters who have never appeared on a TV series.

Comment:
so we'll have FireStorm and ATOM.... and HeatWave... and don't know who Caity will play because the first Black Canary is dead
Old 02-27-2015, 12:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahfan (View Post)

And Buffy and Arrow are two different shows, with different writing, and a different time (so a different audience). Buffy had Spike, Zander, and freaking Willow (!). Felicity is the love interest and a core Scooby Doo team member. Angel was just a love interest. He was never a core team member. I could go on, but this is not the thread for that. Yes, Felicity could leave, but I think Arrow would suffer a lot.
Um considering he was there majority of the time fighting the fight with them when it was dark out, I would say he was pretty much a core member. He was a big part of the show. I could go on with how much each show has in common. Felicity for the most part is the quirky part of the show, so they would have to bring in someone to feel that void if she ever jumped ship to a different show, but just like how we got Anya/Spike in Cordelia/Angels place, its possible.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:34 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
Um considering he was there majority of the time fighting the fight with them when it was dark out, I would say he was pretty much a core member. He was a big part of the show. I could go on with how much each show has in common. Felicity for the most part is the quirky part of the show, so they would have to bring in someone to feel that void if she ever jumped ship to a different show, but just like how we got Anya/Spike in Cordelia/Angels place, its possible.
Angel's biggest part of the show though was as Buffy's love interest. No one can tell me different. Yeh, he was there to help out Buffy and her friends now and again, but the core group was Buffy, Xander, and Willow plus the Professor. Then, there's the fact that the writing (and tone) for Buffy then was miles better than anything I've seen on Arrow and they had a really strong ensemble of characters. On top of all that, It was Angel who got his own show. He didn't leave to go and play sidekick to someone else. A lot of viewers were obviously interested in seeing Angel expanded and explored as a character outside of his romance with Buffy,. It's not like we're talking about Felicity leaving for her own show. I just feel like there are several factors that make the situations different so the comparison isn't the greatest. It's just my opinion that very few people are interested in an Arrow without Felicity. They could try it, but I don't see how it would benefit the show. We're probably not gonna agree on this and that's cool.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 02-27-2015, 12:47 PM
Ultimate Fan

No one is comparing the writing, the difference is obvious enough in that aspect of the show.

But just like we had Angel leave, we also had Cordelia leave who was also a Scooby even though she didnt want to be. And yeah Angels biggest role was Buffys love interest but he was also just as much a player in the game as everyone else. It's kind of the opposite of Felicity role, where her biggest role now more of being the love interest like Laurel was in Season 1.

Shippers are very vocal when it comes to tv shows but the main viewers don't tune in for the relationship, especially with this being a comic show, it is mainly the action. The shows ratings havent exactly grown in size since Felicity took on a more active role.

I am really interested though on what they are doing with Sara. The spin off doesn't sound like it will be a Brave and the Bold type show that is just there to do team ups. Is she going to be cloned? Are they going to introduce us to an alternate reality version of her? Biggest mystery of all.

Quote:
I though Nyssa was the heir to the demon so why is Ra's al Ghul asking Oliver to take his place?

That’s what Nyssa wants to know. Watch 3x16.
I think this will push Nyssa into taking Laurel on as a student and her possibly leaving the league. Could make way to introducing Lady Shiva and maybe Nyssa joining up with her?

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 02-27-2015 at 12:58 PM
Old 02-27-2015, 01:00 PM
Master Fan

Felicity isn't going anywhere maybe Laurel will leave and join the other show. Ever think of that.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

We all know Felicity isn't going anywhere, no one ever said she was.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
I doubt Felicity would be going anywhere, but if Buffy can get rid of Angel/Codelia/Wesley, Arrow would be able to do the same with her.
Didn't you say this? So your saying Arrow can get rid of her correct
Old 02-27-2015, 01:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow fan (View Post)
Didn't you say this? So your saying Arrow can get rid of her correct
That's not the same as saying she's going anywhere, at all.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

Saying that they CAN is a lot different from saying they ARE. Just as I said I DOUBT it will happen. And I think a lot of Laurel fans would be fine if she went to another show, we wouldn't be mad just to answer your past and future response. Once again, this isn't about hating on Felicity, it's about saying basically everyone can move on to a different show if their name isn't Arrow/Oliver.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:41 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow fan (View Post)
Felicity isn't going anywhere maybe Laurel will leave and join the other show. Ever think of that.
"Laurel" has become the go to response whenever someone says something about Felicity or Oliver
Old 02-27-2015, 01:41 PM
Master Fan

Dp
Old 02-27-2015, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

Lol nothing negative was even said about her. IDGI

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSpikey (View Post)
Ray Adios Palmer.

This is why Elsa is a Queen.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

I thought this was a spoiler thread? Guess not. It's the Laurel vs. Felicity thread. Enough is enough. You all have a right to your opinion, but don't bash each other or give the other person opinions they don't have because you disagree, or they don't like the character or pairing you like. I don't post here a lot, because it frankly feels that no matter what you say in this thread you will get attacked if you don't like Laurel or Felicity, we all think different. That's just my opinion.
Juliette & Avery,Zero & Jude, Snow & Charming, Emma & Neal always , Robin & Regina, Jack & Emily/Amanda, Oliver & Felicity, Tommy & Laurel , Joey & Pacey, Tony & Ziva,Hanna & Caleb, Stefan & Elena, EJ & Sami always , OG Will & Sonny, Kurt & Blaine, Finn & Rachel always , Brenda & Dylan , Kelly & Brandon,Donna & David, Nasir & Agron. FP & Alice.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
Not even the way he speaks, but the way he grabbed her in 3.13 was disgusting. Oliver is a straight up creep when it comes to women. His attitude towards them is straight vile.

Also laurel lying to her father about Sara's death is no where similar to Oliver lying to her about Malcolm MURDERING her sister and then having them around each other working together. That's just sick. I'm so happy she called him out.
^Sorry but I have to disagree there. Lying to and actively deceiving her father about his child being dead is just as bad as Oliver's lie about who killed Sara. I'm not saying Oliver keeping that from her was okay but neither is what she did to her father. She betrayed him and broke his his heart in multiple ways. Quentin had every right to be as angry and hurt as he was. Plus Oliver is working with MM, not Laurel. She doesn't have to have anything to do with MM. Really it's a very complicated situation that none of them are enjoying. Oliver is just trying to save Thea in multiple ways, I get that. He's not perfect but he's not vile either.

Also alot of people were talking about Felicity going to the spinoff so someone suggested Laurel could leave just as easily. I don't think it was meant to be antagonistic. People talked at length about Felicity leaving, mentioning Laurel once isn't a big deal.

EDIT: I will stop talking about Laurel now. Sorry. We should stay on topic as hard as it sometimes.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 02-27-2015 at 02:03 PM
Old 02-27-2015, 02:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Any spoilers for 3x19 yet?

I'm excited for the Atom Spin-off. Would love it if Sara does come back and is on that show.
Juliette & Avery,Zero & Jude, Snow & Charming, Emma & Neal always , Robin & Regina, Jack & Emily/Amanda, Oliver & Felicity, Tommy & Laurel , Joey & Pacey, Tony & Ziva,Hanna & Caleb, Stefan & Elena, EJ & Sami always , OG Will & Sonny, Kurt & Blaine, Finn & Rachel always , Brenda & Dylan , Kelly & Brandon,Donna & David, Nasir & Agron. FP & Alice.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread