Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2015, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
Also I agree that Oliver doesn't hate women. He's not perfect and he's an emotional mess, but to say he hates women is a really big leap and not really true. I don't understand why there is so much vitriol aimed at Oliver for this week's episode. I mean he's being called a hypocrite and misogynist and worse and I just don't see it and I'm a woman. I'm not saying his actions are perfect 100% of the time but I don't get all the rage at Oliver. Feel free to tell me what I'm missing, but I don't think he was that bad. And yeah about O/L, that's a big part of why I think they should never happen again romantically, they always have and probably always will bring out the worst in each other. They might eventually find a better place but the damage has been done and I don't foresee a scenario in which they ever make sense again or are even healthy for each other.
I don't think he hates women.. I just admitted that he was acting like a hypocrite and a douchebag and I said that I was proud of Laurel, Felicity, Thea and Nyssa for standing up to him. Oliver is not judge, jury and executioner. I can call him out on his hypocritical behaviour and not think he hates women. I understand that he is trying to protect the people he loves, but there is protective and then there is over-protective and Oliver needs to learn the latter. He doesn't get to make people's decisions for them, especially when he himself has made some huge whopping mistakes via those decisions.

Last edited by You can't kill me!; 02-27-2015 at 12:34 AM
Old 02-27-2015, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
Really? No firestorm? I don't get how they could pass up that story
Well Victor Garber is listed.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:03 AM
Elite Fan

^Well just to be clear I wasn't specifically calling you out on your words. But someone did say they thought Oliver hates women though and I thought that was kind of big leap to take. I agree that he doesn't get to make peoples' decisions for him and their are plenty of times that I'm glad the women in his life and Roy and Diggle have stood up to him. He needs that sometimes but I hardly think he was being a d***** bag. He does get overprotective at times but he has watched multiple people he loves die in front of his eyes and he knows how it feels to lose parts of yourself you can't get back and to struggle with darkness in your soul. It makes sense that he is over protective. He can't lose anyone else and he certainly isn't going to let his little sister lose her soul. I'm pretty sure he hates working with MM just as much as the rest of them, but Thea is his priority. I think he probably feels like things are spiraling a little out of control and he's just trying to do the best he can.

Also sorry but the only hypocrite I saw in the last episode was Laurel. She's lecturing Oliver about lying to peoples' faces when she spent months lying to and actively deceiving her father about Sara's death. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I'm not saying that makes Oliver's lying okay but she's got no room to talk either. And she did pretty much prove Oliver half way right about his reasons for not to telling her about Thea. She didn't go after Thea but she did recklessly and stupidly go hunt down MM and pull a gun on him just like she did with the other people she thought killed Sara. MM could've seriously killed her if he had wanted to and Nyssa hadn't interrupted. I may be the only one but I am glad that Oliver calls Laurel on her stupid decisions. Someone needs to or she's going to prove him right again and get herself killed. She's far too emotional and she thinks she's way more capable than she actually is. If she doesn't learn some better self control she can't be a good vigilante superhero. I'm assuming that's what her interactions coming up with Nyssa are about, getting her the training she really needs. I just honestly can't blame Oliver for being frustrated with Laurel, the last thing he needs right now is for her to be acting like a loose cannon all the time. She's entitled to her feelings and he might've been a little harsh, but still dude doesn't need anyone making things more difficult right now. And I don't just mean Laurel, Thea too. Thea's feelings are totally justified but first she tells Laurel she killed Sara, which Laurel deserved to know but it still created a mess, and then she made things way more complicated by turning in MM. Oliver had a lot on his plate this episode (other people did too, not denying that), so he was maybe a little short-tempered with people and yes a little bossy but I think d-bag is too harsh a word to call him. I don't even like the decision to work with MM but I see where Oliver is coming from with his decisions, even the one to save MM's life.

That said this was not a great episode for me. The only things I liked were Oliver and Diggle being brothers for life and Roy and Thea reconnecting. Although not going to lie, I kind of enjoyed Oliver telling Laurel "You don't need to be here", lol. I'm so not trying to start anything here, I just can't help but like that line because it's usually what I'm thinking about Laurel at some point pretty much every episode. Actually it's also what I think about Ray most of the time too, lol. Sorry it's just too good a line for a disliked character to pass up mentioning. It's totally just my opinion, feel free to dislike it.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 02-27-2015, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ Yeah.. I always see how ready you are to call Laurel out. And I do think you are trying to start something. Opinions are opinions but the way you said
Quote:
Although not going to lie, I kind of enjoyed Oliver telling Laurel "You don't need to be here", lol. I'm so not trying to start anything here, I just can't help but like that line because it's usually what I'm thinking about Laurel at some point pretty much every episode.
you certainly seem like you want to goad me into something and I am not going to play that game.

And I am not talking about Laurel.. in fact I don't understand why she always gets brought up. I am simply saying that Oliver was a being hypocrite and a douchebag. The way Oliver speaks to Laurel and even Felicity and Thea is sometimes downright offensive. I am glad that more and more of the audience are seeing his hypocrisy. No man should ever speak to a woman the way Oliver speaks to women sometimes. It's gross.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:54 AM
Elite Fan

^I don't want to fight and I swear I'm not trying to start anything. I just couldn't resist saying it and was interested in seeing if anyone agreed with me actually. I just thought it was kind of amusing that the writers would create a line that could so easily be used to sum up how some viewers feel about Laurel or any character they don't like. That's all. What you do with it and how you react to it is your business but I don't say things for the sake of starting something and you're the one who seized on that one sentence out of all the paragraphs I posted. I prefaced what I said with the statement I'm not trying to start anything because I knew some people would dislike it but in no way was I trying to start a fight. Also I never even brought Felicity up in regards to that statement so I definitely wasn't trying to start another Laurel vs Felicty discussion. It was an amused thought that's all. I was simply stating my opinion that I think Oliver's behavior is being blown out of proportion (not saying he hasn't made mistakes, I just don't think he was hugely offensive) and who I thought was actually a hypocrite. It was all just my opinion and again never meant to start anything. Sorry if it came off that way.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 02-27-2015, 02:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

DP... sorry

Last edited by You can't kill me!; 02-27-2015 at 02:48 AM
Old 02-27-2015, 02:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ When did I bring up a Laurel vs Felicity thing?? I certainly didn't, nor would I want to invite that kind of discussion either.

And the reason I picked up on that part of your post (I certainly didn't seize on it. I actually don't care about your hate for Laurel), was because of it's very deliberate intention.. or so the way I viewed it.

Anyway.. back to actual spoilers. The promo looks good. I can't wait for more Laurel/Nyssa
Old 02-27-2015, 02:57 AM
Elite Fan

^i could've sworn your post said "I'm not going to go tit for tat and discuss Felciity negatively" or something like that. That's why I said I wasn't trying to have a L vs F discussion. But rereading it, it doesn't say that so if I made that up in my head I'm sorry, lol. And like I said I wasn't trying to start anything anyway. Also my posts aren't about "calling Laurel out"' it's just my feelings regarding each character or couple will color my opinion of a storyline or episode, just like your feelings color your opinions. You didn't like how Oliver acted, I didn't like how Laurel acted. I don't hide my feelings about Laurel or any other character for that matter but I'm not ever trying to start fights or goad anyone into anything. We just have a difference of opinions, that's all. But yeah let's just agree to disagree and move on so it doesn't become a fight.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ It did say that at first.. but I didn't want to start a Laurel/Felicity war about something that wasn't about them in the first place, so I quickly deleted it I didn't realise how quickly you were reading my responses

^ We definitely disagree I don't see that ever changing, but I am happy to discuss spoilers
Old 02-27-2015, 07:02 AM
Absolute Fan

So Marc said on his tumblr that Oliver finds out about Ray and Felicity sleeping together/being together in the next episode. What do you bet that learning that plays a part in pushing him towards the "Maybe I should be Ras Al Ghul" belief.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
^ It did say that at first.. but I didn't want to start a Laurel/Felicity war about something that wasn't about them in the first place, so I quickly deleted it I didn't realise how quickly you were reading my responses

^ We definitely disagree I don't see that ever changing, but I am happy to discuss spoilers
^Oh good, I thought I was going crazy thinking I'd read that and then it was gone. Lol. And yeah we will probably never agree, but at least we can agree to disagree. And I'm happy to discuss spoilers as well.

Quote:
So Marc said on his tumblr that Oliver finds out about Ray and Felicity sleeping together/being together in the next episode. What do you bet that learning that plays a part in pushing him towards the "Maybe I should be Ras Al Ghul" belief.
^Probably so. If he feels like he's lost Felicity then he think why not just go be a hermit on a mountain. I hope it will be the start of Oliver fighting for her though. I think it will definitely start a dialogue between them which they desperately need to be having. This could actually be a good thing.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollock (View Post)
That would be the dumbest reason ever to push him into the role, so it MIGHT happen. Felicity is such a huge bore this season, the only thing interesting about her is her shoes (I have a fashion radar problem), and her mother.

Speaking of Ray Adios Palmer, is his suit really blue and red? I'm just asking, because it looks white and gold to me.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ray Adios Palmer.

This is why Elsa is a Queen.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:40 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boringblog (View Post)
Well Victor Garber is listed.
Yeh. At first glance, it does seem like a half baked idea. However, the Atom plays a role in FIRESTORM, They've got one half of Firestorm, CL could play Firehawk. I'm not sure who Wentworth would be playing, but It could totally be a firestorm pilot given how FIRESTORM played out in the last FLASH ep.

And Buffy and Arrow are two different shows, with different writing, and a different time (so a different audience). Buffy had Spike, Zander, and freaking Willow (!). Felicity is the love interest and a core Scooby Doo team member. Angel was just a love interest. He was never a core team member. I could go on, but this is not the thread for that. Yes, Felicity could leave, but I think Arrow would suffer a lot.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 02-27-2015, 10:19 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
^ Yeah.. I always see how ready you are to call Laurel out. And I do think you are trying to start something. Opinions are opinions but the way you said you certainly seem like you want to goad me into something and I am not going to play that game.

And I am not talking about Laurel.. in fact I don't understand why she always gets brought up. I am simply saying that Oliver was a being hypocrite and a douchebag. The way Oliver speaks to Laurel and even Felicity and Thea is sometimes downright offensive. I am glad that more and more of the audience are seeing his hypocrisy. No man should ever speak to a woman the way Oliver speaks to women sometimes. It's gross.
Not even the way he speaks, but the way he grabbed her in 3.13 was disgusting. Oliver is a straight up creep when it comes to women. His attitude towards them is straight vile.

Also laurel lying to her father about Sara's death is no where similar to Oliver lying to her about Malcolm MURDERING her sister and then having them around each other working together. That's just sick. I'm so happy she called him out.