Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2014, 08:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
She's not a cop.....she's a vigilante. She'll use whichever end of the baton that gets the job done.
Then she should use a bat ... Oh wait
Kreisberg responded, “One of the most important lessons that I’ve learned from working with Greg Berlanti, whose obviously had such amazing success in television, is to always have a really great plan, and then always know when to let the plan go.”In response to the unexpected addition of Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards)
Old 12-20-2014, 08:35 AM
Extreme Fan

OP: you guys keep forgetting Paul Blackthorne (Quentin Lance) is part of the main cast.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:41 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluv2fly (View Post)
Bat, baton, canary cry, sound device, either way Black Canary here we come
Old 12-20-2014, 08:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
LMAO..perfect!

Ideals are peaceful; history is Violent -WarDaddy(FURY)
Old 12-20-2014, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

TFTNT .

Well if it's you asking, I'll do it. — Tollenheim’s at it again.
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 12-20-2014, 08:53 AM
Ultimate Fan

I don't trust MG and his scales.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Here's my thing: saying that just because she's a vigulante she can use whatever weapon she wants however she wants is an odd thing to say. Number one, vigilantes are usually quite skilled with their weapons of choice. For example Oliver with a bow and arrow, or Sara with a staff. Having a vigilante be inept with their weapon of choice is just plain sad. Number two, I would think BC fans, especially the ones who are so very committed to comic canon, would want BC to be a martial artist, just like in the comics. No weaponry required. So why her fans would want this aspect cheapened this way, especially since they will not be getting the canary cry (mg said this himself), is beyond me. Unless just being in a costume is enough for them.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorothyRules (View Post)
Here's my thing: saying that just because she's a vigulante she can use whatever weapon she wants however she wants is an odd thing to say. Number one, vigilantes are usually quite skilled with their weapons of choice. For example Oliver with a bow and arrow, or Sara with a staff. Having a vigilante be inept with their weapon of choice is just plain sad. Number two, I would think BC fans, especially the ones who are so very committed to comic canon, would want BC to be a martial artist, just like in the comics. No weaponry required. So why her fans would want this aspect cheapened this way, especially since they will not be getting the canary cry (mg said this himself), is beyond me. Unless just being in a costume is enough for them.
I've come to accept that the Hero BC we get in the comics just doesn't exist in the TV universe. This version that would wield a weapon in any way possible is more of a whack canary in my eyes. Ive had the ff on her scenes for so long now ...

Onto happy, more relevant topics ... I'm really curious about the upcoming scenes Felicity will share with MM and Thea — loving this storyline
Kreisberg responded, “One of the most important lessons that I’ve learned from working with Greg Berlanti, whose obviously had such amazing success in television, is to always have a really great plan, and then always know when to let the plan go.”In response to the unexpected addition of Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards)
Old 12-20-2014, 09:28 AM
Extreme Fan

So......something is bothering me....

In SA's q&a pt 2 he said he put the suit on last night for the first time in awhile and it was for the arrowmas event.....

Was SA accidently admitting that when OQ comes back he doesn't get back in the suit yet? Or is refusing to?

Old 12-20-2014, 09:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well, he was wearing it in those paparazzi pics that were taken around the time they filmed 3x13(?). I am already getting tired of that storyline: 'Is he dead?' Because of course he isn't or at least not permanently. I hope that he returns asap so that this whole aftermath storyline will be done with and they won't try to confuse everyone for the hell of it.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatbastet (View Post)
Tftnt!

So if we apply the Marc Guggenheim Hyperbole Adjustment Algorithm, Diggle is mlldly vexed and Felicity feels like I felt when OPI discontinued Sanguine.
OMG, OPI got rid of Sanguine? **** balls! It's opi's sort of lighter version of China Glaze's Cinammon Buns...great color for the holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChaos (View Post)
what baton mistake?
You never saw the mistake? Laurel Lance in cosplay is holding the baton the wrong way. This is a goddamned official picture and she's standing wrong. Look, I'm sure Bamford would have told her how to pose. Bamford is no idiot and would go into detail on the language for fighting and using weapons. I'm not talking like I'm friends with him, but I told you all I was an SGA obsessee on GateWorld. Bamford had his own thread there and would speak to the fans like once a week. The man would go into detail and would tolerate my discussions on katana and kadachi blades (it's a thing for me).

Anyway, the handle of such a baton is the perpendicular handle. This weapon is called a tonfa baton. The weapon is a jewel as a defensive piece, and when you hold it properly it..the wooden piece that goes along the side of your arm protects your arms in a fight with someone with a sword. Added to that, the extended wood panel can then be used as a attack move.

The problem I have with seeing the picture is just because the pose is wrong. It's like it's reiterating that she doesn't know what she's doing. If they give her such a baton on the show and I have to watch her yield the tonfa like that, I will have problems.

1:40-3:38

The pic just irritates me to know end. The part she's holding is made of a different texture and will just fall out of her hand or break her wrist if used that way. Just ugh!

Last edited by vaberella; 12-20-2014 at 09:52 AM
Old 12-20-2014, 09:46 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiesocks (View Post)
I don't trust MG and his scales.
Me neither!
Old 12-20-2014, 09:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenilen (View Post)
Well, he was wearing it in those paparazzi pics that were taken around the time they filmed 3x13(?). I am already getting tired of that storyline: 'Is he dead?' Because of course he isn't or at least not permanently. I hope that he returns asap so that this whole aftermath storyline will be done with and they won't try to confuse everyone for the hell of it.
I think the very earliest we will see him might be the last 5 minutes of 312 but most likely we won't see him till 313

Which pisses me off cause this the ARROW show.....i want the arrow.

Thanks VABS I remember now!

Old 12-20-2014, 09:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
She's not a cop.....she's a vigilante. She'll use whichever end of the baton that gets the job done.
She's a vigilante? Um hello! Every weapon has a way of being held. You hold it wrong and you heart your self. Let's be bloody realistic here. Come one. If you're telling me she only has a gatorade bottle, then she'll use whatever to get the job done.

That bottom has a specific way of being held to maximize it's use and further protect the handle.

You're statement is like telling me let me pick up the katana from the blade end so I can get the job done. Whatever!
Old 12-20-2014, 09:59 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I think the very earliest we will see him might be the last 5 minutes of 312 but most likely we won't see him till 313

Which pisses me off cause this the ARROW show.....i want the arrow.

Quote:
Yeah...just bugging me.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread