Old 08-30-2014, 01:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japril (View Post)
I think it's the new Arrow Comics if not mistaken
Arrow 2.5, basically what bano said
Old 08-30-2014, 01:56 PM
Extreme Fan

They're clearly whispering to each other as they go in for the kiss but lol at the idea that he is going in for the kiss to accomplish the whisper, rather than whispering his way into the kiss. Are her ears down her throat?

Wrt the disproportionate representation of female stalkers in fiction, I think it's precisely because IRL it's almost always men stalking women, and it is so sinister and dangerous it can't be played at all lightly. We have too many horrific real world cases. You can play with the idea of a woman stalking a man in ways you cannot play with a man stalking a woman, because of the IRL threat level mismatch. With a male stalker, we know somebody's gonna get raped, tbqh. A female stalker is easier to just play as a crazy person. A male stalker is very unlikely to not be a sexual predator. You would have to establish him as asexual to get away with it, fixated upon her brilliance or something and not a sexual being, period.

Tftnt!

Last edited by thecatbastet; 08-30-2014 at 02:07 PM
Old 08-30-2014, 02:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatbastet (View Post)

Wrt the disproportionate representation of female stalkers in fiction, I think it's precisely because IRL it's almost always men stalking women, and it is so sinister and dangerous it can't be played at all lightly. We have too many horrific real world cases. You can play with the idea of a woman stalking a man in ways you cannot play with a man stalking a woman, because of the IRL threat level mismatch. With a male stalker, we know somebody's gonna get raped, tbqh. A female stalker is easier to just play as a crazy person. A male stalker is very unlikely to not be a sexual predator. You would have to establish him as asexual to get away with it, fixated upon her brilliance or something and not a sexual being, period.

Tftnt!
I completely agree .For female stalkers they can make it come across as funny and more light-hearted but male stalkers are usually just really creepy. It's double standard but it makes sense.

Quote:
They're clearly whispering to each other as they go in for the kiss but lol at the idea that he is going in for the kiss to accomplish the whisper, rather than whispering his way into the kiss. Are her ears down her throat?
yeah I thought the theory was weird too lol. but I'm pretty sure the kiss will get interrupted in some way. If it was a full kiss, I feel like it would have been showed in the promo in stead of just showing an "almost kiss"
Old 08-30-2014, 02:20 PM
Loyal Fan

The ArrowWriters retweeted this:
Quote:
@laismota: @ARROWwriters @ArrowProdOffice Arrow as the most popular show this past week based on social media... Slaying http://t.co/adtV86RB9u
Kreisberg responded, “One of the most important lessons that I’ve learned from working with Greg Berlanti, whose obviously had such amazing success in television, is to always have a really great plan, and then always know when to let the plan go.”In response to the unexpected addition of Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards)
Old 08-30-2014, 02:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluv2fly (View Post)

Wow Awesome! I guess the leaked promo gave it a lot of publicity on social media.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Not surprised. Olicity is huge.

This year it was the 2nd or 3rd most tweeted/trending couples on twitter. Klaroline was 1st and TVD been 6 years. And they've actually kissed and done the deed while Oliver and Felicity were just looking and shoulder touching.

Seriously it's the power of Olicity.

Hats off to Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards, and of course the awesome fans and media who can't get enough of it. I love the show getting props. Arrow is awesome!
Old 08-30-2014, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluv2fly (View Post)

Power of Olicity!!
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

StarlingCity is proud of Oliver, and you guys keep reposting gifs of The Kiss, and the arrow writers retweet and I'm just

ETA: I will probably be using this gif quite frequently over the next few months
Old 08-30-2014, 03:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban1o (View Post)
COMICS: 'The Arrow' And 'Arsenal' Head Into Action In ARROW: SEASON 2.5 First Look

Read the beginning. I wonder if that is the season 3 monologue?
Ohhhh, I bet you are right. Because it makes no sense to say hellish island anymore. Looks like a good intro, and the little "I did" reflects the progress he's made, and the whole "to protect my" blah blah blah reflects his struggle for this season. great catch!

RE Emergency Awesome, I think he's smoking something. I don't think they'd both be looking like that if it was a ploy/he was saying something no one else could see. It does look like he's saying something, but I swear its her name. Its every Olicity ff come to life, lol.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvtorun (View Post)
Ohhhh, I bet you are right. Because it makes no sense to say hellish island anymore. Looks like a good intro, and the little "I did" reflects the progress he's made, and the whole "to protect my" blah blah blah reflects his struggle for this season. great catch!

RE Emergency Awesome, I think he's smoking something. I don't think they'd both be looking like that if it was a ploy/he was saying something no one else could see. It does look like he's saying something, but I swear its her name. Its every Olicity ff come to life, lol.
Some on twitter were thinking that he was saying her name. Which if he is, I should probably stock up on tissues now. Just saying.

Japril, if you go on comixology you can preorder Arrow 2.5 digital comics. If you are looking for the Green Arrow comics which will soon include Felicity, you can order from a local comic book store, or you can order online from DC. Hope this helps!
Old 08-30-2014, 03:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorothyRules (View Post)
StarlingCity is proud of Oliver, and you guys keep reposting gifs of The Kiss, and the arrow writers retweet and I'm just

ETA: I will probably be using this gif quite frequently over the next few months
Lol! I know right. Miracles can happen. I'm proud of him. Bring on Season 3!

That GIF basically summarises it all!

It was said before remember when the Arrow writers kept tweeting and posting about Olicity on Facebook. All the Olicity art in their writers room. They were trying to prepare you guys so you didn't go into shock.

I think S3 will be the best season so far!
Old 08-30-2014, 03:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvtorun (View Post)
haha i still think the kiss is going to get interrupted somehow. That's how these kind of things work .

We know Felicity gets hurt, what if she gets hurt in this scene? That would be depressing.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Some on twitter were thinking that he was saying her name. Which if he is, I should probably stock up on tissues now. Just saying.

Japril, if you go on comixology you can preorder Arrow 2.5 digital comics. If you are looking for the Green Arrow comics which will soon include Felicity, you can order from a local comic book store, or you can order online from DC. Hope this helps!
It definitely looks to me like he's saying her name.

These two idiots will be the death of me.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban1o (View Post)
haha i still think the kiss is going to get interrupted somehow. That's how these kind of things work .

We know Felicity gets hurt, what if she gets hurt in this scene? That would be depressing.
Nope, wrong dress for both of them. They get hurt later during the date.

As for your other point, I would normally agree win you. However, there are some mitigating factors here.

1. They already did the fake out with the "I love you" in the finale. I doubt they'd try again, although they may. However,
2. They talked about how Felicity and Oliver have a "raw discussion" about their relationship. I can see how a kiss before the date, which ends in disaster, would lead to a much more heart wrenching situation. They have feelings, they have acted upon them, they are on the verge of beginning something, bad things happen and he feels they have to end it. Talk about raw. It would be heart breaking.

And to make my point clear about how I feel about the discussion:

Told ya I'd need to use it again

Last edited by DorothyRules; 08-30-2014 at 04:04 PM
Old 08-30-2014, 04:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Nope, wrong dress for both of them. They get hurt later during the date.
mmm Does that mean they change sometime during the date? I wonder why?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread