Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2014, 02:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiredToDamon (View Post)
Oh, I know you guys weren't fake shipping or anything. I just think some people think if they fake-shipped one part of a nonexistent triangle then everything will be normal

I just think best relationship for Laurel this season is with Sara. I think deepening the bond between those two could be the only thing that could saved the move to make Laurel-BC. A sister wanting a revenge for the death of her sibling is a good story. It is not great but then I think it is the writers fault for backing themselves into a corner in the first place. I mean, I hated Laurel early on season 1 and late season 2 until she started hanging out with her sister. Now, I am in a I don't care stage and that is all due to Sara. More bonding between the two could actually make me see the character differently.

And, we all know the big role that Sara would play this season is probably to die and pave the way for Laurel to become BC.
I have hopes because, as I have said in the past, there is a type of romance that I can see Laurel's character type being involved in that is a favorite of mine, i.e. tightly wound Type A perfectionist and guy who isn't intimidated by her and in fact enjoys provoking her. Tommy was one type of opposite for Laurel, but he was afraid of her. She'd cut him down and he'd just try harder to please her. She'll never respect that. She needs an opposite, but one who not only doesn't find her judgment terrifying, he actually finds it entertaining.

This guy...he could be that. He isn't exactly what I was picturing, and I have a feeling it'll be less romantic comedy than I was hoping, but certainly the character as described won't be rolling over and obeying her like Tommy, or attempting at all times to avoid confrontation with her until he finally blows up at the exact moment when she is actually in the right, like Oliver.

Her storylines have been so dreary. Romantic comedy needs to happen here for her, not more melodrama.

And well, now we know that Ray wins QC outright, so I'm going to say that the spoilers about him finding Felicity and offering her a job are literally her opening the door to someone's knocking and there he is, asking her to come back to QC.

Also, re Barry/Felicity date, it depends upon if we're given to understand that they've talked since his awakening. Oliver keeps secrets from her, yes, but it seems unlikely that would extend to Barry being awake, or Barry having superpowers. If this is the first contact they've had, the stakes are different. Otherwise, this could just be Barry finding himself caught in a lie about having a girlfriend and thus roped into a double date, and only knowing one woman to call for an assist. By that point he'll have had two more eps worth of watching Iris date that guy, though, so there is a possibility he thinks of genuinely trying with Felicity, so they could even both make a sincere effort, maybe even kiss and then be like...naahhh.

I really depends upon how they play Barry. That nahhhh scenario works if they're keeping him goofy, but not if they're trying to raise his stature, so to speak.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulContradiction (View Post)
I'm really hoping for both Brandon and JR to be written well and given a meaty story to work with.

Blood was so ridiculous. It was all for nothing in the end. I honestly don't think he added anything to the season. I still don't get how and why he paired up with Slade and why he was so gullible.

So the boxing ring will be JR's intro sounds exciting. I'm sadly not confident about KC's chemistry on screen so I'm most excited for his character and how he'll interact with her that's as far as it goes for now. But it could be a game changer.
This sentence sums up a great deal of S2 in a nutshell, lol. They dropped the ball on so much!!

Sired--I REALLY hope they give us more on non-romantic relationships, you are right. Sara and Laurel for sure. Roy and Felicity. Sara and Felicity (PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!)

Cat, love the image of the Ted/Laurel you are painting. It would be so fun to watch.

Last edited by iluvtorun; 07-30-2014 at 03:02 AM
Old 07-30-2014, 03:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvtorun (View Post)
This sentence sums up a great deal of S2 in a nutshell, lol. They dropped the ball on so much!!

Sired--I REALLY hope they give us more on non-romantic relationships, you are right. Sara and Laurel for sure. Roy and Felicity. Sara and Felicity (PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!)

Cat, love the image of the Ted/Laurel you are painting. It would be so fun to watch.
I think they started out S2 with all these great ideas but as they started to incorporate them they realized they had too many B,C,and D SL so they halfassesed them to make sure they completeded all the lines they started.

I for one, am glad that they opted to pull Felicity's SL from s2 and put it in S3 where it seems like that are making it a priority. Otherwise they would of halfassesed her SL in S2 also.

Ideals are peaceful; history is Violent -WarDaddy(FURY)
Old 07-30-2014, 03:52 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't think this has been posted yet. Hmmmm.
This is the last bit of Ep2, right?
Old 07-30-2014, 04:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvtorun (View Post)

I don't think this has been posted yet. Hmmmm.
This is the last bit of Ep2, right?
Heart wrenching.....oh no....poor Oliver..... But they did say that 302 is the ep where everything really falls to **** for Oliver.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am gonna prepare kleenex from now. Stephen does these emotional/heart-wrenching moments spot on, and seems like this one is big. Plus it's Oliver/Dig.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 07-30-2014, 05:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poupa (View Post)
I am gonna prepare kleenex from now. Stephen does these emotional/heart-wrenching moments spot on, and seems like this one is big. Plus it's Oliver/Dig.
Plans for the next 69 days:
Stock up on kleenex, wine, and chocolate.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:21 AM
Master Fan

Arrow SEASON 1 PILOT

I feel like I'm trying to make a book club or something.

This is a link to the 1x01 Pilot script of Arrow. About to start reading it now and thought I would share it.

It's different seeing things on screen and reading it. Tommy's first scene was deleted, that's as far as I've gotten. Sorry I just love stuff like this!

SO excited!
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:33 AM
Passionate Fan

You sweet dork!

I'm in!
Old 07-30-2014, 06:33 AM
Master Fan

Yay!

Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Cool...will read

Old 07-30-2014, 06:52 AM
Extreme Fan

IIRC the scene with Raisa is particularly interesting.

But y'all know my theory that Felicity is to Raisa as Laurel is to Moira!
Old 07-30-2014, 07:12 AM
Passionate Fan

Tommy is like "Ollie's home!"
Old 07-30-2014, 07:46 AM
Master Fan

FLASH CUTS: Moira embracing Oliver at the hospital. Oliver shaking Walter’s hand. Oliver’s nose. Walter’s COLOGNE on his mother. He smelled it

Ermm just no
Philanthropist.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
Arrow SEASON 1 PILOT

I feel like I'm trying to make a book club or something.

This is a link to the 1x01 Pilot script of Arrow. About to start reading it now and thought I would share it.

It's different seeing things on screen and reading it. Tommy's first scene was deleted, that's as far as I've gotten. Sorry I just love stuff like this!

SO excited!

Hell to the yes!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread