Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2014, 06:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahfan (View Post)
I think it's too early to ship Laurel with Wildcat. Him being in the comics does not a well written chemistry filled romance make. I am interested in Wildcat though and since he will be teaching Laurel/paired with Laurel, I hope they have chem and work well off each other.

And I'm not sure I get the season 3 question for Laurel - is she Laurel or her sister? - hmm. Her sister is an assassin turned hero (?), the Canary so what does that question even mean for Laurel?
Not shipping them either, yet. Who knows I may like them later. But I am interested to see if they have chemistry and if it works. So I think I'll wait for S3 to see if I ship them or not.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 07-29-2014, 06:05 PM
Extreme Fan

I think we need to see a scene with them in it before we can see if we can ship it

Ideals are peaceful; history is Violent -WarDaddy(FURY)
Old 07-29-2014, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

This has SA in it.
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 07-29-2014, 06:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Agenda shipping is a complete waste of time and energy. I'll never understand why some fans think that kind of thing is effective. .
I know many people on here were agenda shipping Barry/Felicity relentlessly. Well in all honesty there is more reason to ship Laurel/Ted mainly because he will have a relationship (i.e. Romantic Love Interest) with Laurel and he will be a recurring character.

True, it could be a complete cringe worthy disaster, like Laurel/Oliver chemistry...so maybe it is a complete waste of energy.

Quote:
I think it's too early to ship Laurel with Wildcat. Him being in the comics does not a well written chemistry filled romance make. I am interested in Wildcat though and since he will be teaching Laurel/paired with Laurel, I hope they have chem and work well off each other.
You know...I don't believe in "fake" shipping anything. Shipping demands attention. At first I was definitely thinking, how can they ship them? But when thinking about it further...I can see it.

****...I ship Felicity's mother with Quentin. I haven't even met the lady...but they’re definitely my head canon. Unless of course her father is Jeffrey Dean Morgan and her mum is played by Gillian Anderson. That's just too awesome a pairing not to see it on screen.

Quote:
And I'm not sure I get the season 3 question for Laurel - is she Laurel or her sister? - hmm. Her sister is an assassin turned hero (?), the Canary so what does that question even mean for Laurel?
It feels a bit ominous for her being BC, doesn't it? If that question is coming from the EPs, I feel like they are not going to make her BC. I mean the Canary thing is still there and the Black...Canary wears Black. The Canary has the canary cry. Ultimately...it feels like a big hint as to where they are going and it is not Black Canary route. She will want to pave her own way.

She won't want to follow the same course, nor will she have the same agenda. Manhunter, has a completely different agenda from Black Canary in the comic and they can very well do that in the Arrow verse.

I noticed that most people seemed to have ignored that identity comment. Furthermore, my feeling stem from two issues.

The use of "alter ego"...she has to find her alter ego, not inherent one. Therefore she is not Canary. She is something else. And the fact that no EP, not one has explicitly said she is Black Canary. They are being intentionally vague and that bugs me because they are very explicit and loud about Olicity. Very explicit and made an entire seasonal arc.

This is also I've become more meh...about the discussion...

The writers are dropping some rather questionable hints like they did when they were moving the route of Olicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChaos (View Post)
I think we need to see a scene with them in it before we can see if we can ship it
No you don't. You know very well people were shipping Oliver/Laurel long before the show aired. Just the thought of them on screen made people scream. I remember that **** on Tumblr.

I think the issue of "fake" shipping. And that's plenty of that to go around in fandom. Many Lauriver's were "fake" shipping Barry/Felicity, ditto for Sara/Oliver shippers. This is a known practice and just done. Again, at first I was like... But now thinking about it...It happens across fandoms everywhere.

Last edited by vaberella; 07-29-2014 at 06:58 PM Reason: Grammar edit ONLY. Thanks HipKarma!
Old 07-29-2014, 06:18 PM
Absolute Fan

I am not shipping Laurel/Ted yet but I've shipped couples before they appeared onscreen together, lol so I think it's fine if some are already shipping them.

As for Laurel's alter ego, I don't think it's a question of if she becomes BC but when. And I don't foresee it being any time this season. But after Roy's transformation, I'm not expecting Laurel to train for years. If there's a considerable time jump after this season, then I would not be shocked if Laurel's opens next season as BC.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:22 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
I am not shipping Laurel/Ted yet but I've shipped couples before they appeared onscreen together, lol so I think it's fine if some are already shipping them.

As for Laurel's alter ego, I don't think it's a question of if she becomes BC but when. And I don't foresee it being any time this season. But after Roy's transformation, I'm not expecting Laurel to train for years. If there's a considerable time jump after this season, then I would not be shocked if Laurel's opens next season as BC.
Yep its always been when. But the writers just want to take their time with it. Its a mixed bag with me cause I get angry when I see Roy already kicking butt after a few months but then I want it to be realistic.

"We've always had a fantastic plan for Laurel's character, and I know that there's impatience out there in the world to see her 'strap on the fish nets' [as Black Canary] but everything we're doing is all about leading up to that in a way that we feel keeps it... realistic and grounded."
Old 07-29-2014, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Quote:
Thank you so much for all the Arrow scoop lately! Any more tidbits lying around?
Oliver's list is gone! Stephen Amell revealed to me that when Arrow returns for Season 3, Ollie will be busy picking off all the major crime bosses, whose names are now kept neatly organized on a board in his lair. That could problematic when Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) comes into the picture. "We both bid for Queen Consolidated in the season premiere," Amell says. "Spoiler alert: He gets it."
Quote:
Mega Rave: Felicity's flashback episode is titled "Oracle," and Ra's al Ghul is coming to Starling City?! Arrow totally owned Comic-Con when it comes to teases for the fall!
Mega Buzz: A Once Connection, Sons' Final Ride, and a Big Grey's - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Old 07-29-2014, 08:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks Hazel!
Old 07-29-2014, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Your Welcome .

[ARROW VIDEO SPOILERS]: Olicity's Hot Date, Diggle vs. Oliver & A New Thea

Arrow Spoilers: Olicity's Hot Date, Diggle vs. Oliver & A New Thea - TV Fanatic

Old 07-29-2014, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

As long as as Laurel has somethign coming up its all good lol
Old 07-29-2014, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Twilighter Tee♥ (View Post)
As long as as Laurel has somethign coming up its all good lol
That is my way thinking I am just glad that Laurel is finally getting something good to work with. She will be having scenes with TG, working with Oliver and Team Arrow, doing her laywer thing. All is looking good for Laurel and as her fan, I am excited. I am not going to let any negativity bring me down. It's a good time to be in the Arrow fandom, I think. Good things for all

Last edited by You can't kill me!; 07-29-2014 at 09:10 PM
Old 07-29-2014, 09:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
That is my way thinking I am just glad that Laurel is finally getting something good to work with. She will be having scenes with TG, working with Oliver and Team Arrow, doing her laywer thing. All is looking good for Laurel and as her fan, I am excited. I am not going to let any negativity bring me down. It's a good time to be in the Arrow fandom, I think. God things for all
We all have something to be happy about .

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 07-29-2014, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new one.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 07-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Paul Blackthorne Shares EW Live Radio Interview Snippet | Facebook ➞

Here you go, a little more behind the scenes Comic con action: A wee video snippet of the Entertainment Radio interview…

This is another short snippet from the Arrow cast interview at SDCC, including Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards.[/

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=249340958610400

EDIT:

Quote:
I would watch the season premiere. But Oliver only has one woman in his life this year and that woman is Felicity. That doesn’t mean they’re together.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjsjg...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by backstreetboysfan; 07-29-2014 at 10:22 PM
Old 07-29-2014, 11:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
It's a good time to be in the Arrow fandom, I think. Good things for all
Yes I'm stoked that all fans can be happy about something!!

Thanks for the links

Cute pictures of Stephen and Emily (and Willa in the second)
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread