Ultimate Fan

I vote Slade one.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:43 AM
Loyal Fan

New Thread - #47
Old 05-15-2014, 07:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclecticphilly (View Post)
Cat when was the other jacket thing I'm drawing a blank. I know SA is pro Olicity but I just can't deal with any of them today. Oliver and SA by default is in my ****ty person corner. Maybe after a month I'll let him out.

Katie we will have to agree to disagree. I don't see a moment when she could have objected. He brought her to the mansion, away from the city, flattened her with an ILY, left, and took the only vehicle with him. If he had asked her I have no doubt she would have done it, but he didn't. He knew best in his opinion.

Side note can someone let Isabel finish a freakin sentence. Last week I hate Felicity ever since ..., hit by a car and this weeks I won because .... and killed by Nyssa. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for her. No monologue for you Isabel.
Sara and Felicity and the Jacket in Time of Death. That was another "which girl gets the BC jacket?" incident.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:49 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclecticphilly (View Post)
Cat when was the other jacket thing I'm drawing a blank. I know SA is pro Olicity but I just can't deal with any of them today. Oliver and SA by default is in my ****ty person corner. Maybe after a month I'll let him out.
Lol, this. I don't think he's lying, but I can't with Captain Amell or any of the writters in the articles, on social media, up in the upfronts. They are suspended. They can think of themselves in the same boat as Slade. Down there in purgatory.

I mean, maybe the writers thought they were being clever with the way they executed taking down Slade and Olicity in the finale. They should have thought harder doe.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 05-15-2014, 08:19 AM
New Fan

This forum has made me so sad today. I think the ILY was genuine. I think Oliver does love Felicity. Are they IN love yet? No, but I would find it hard to believe he could have sold that so well to Slade if those feeling weren't in there somewhere. I also thought Slade goading Oliver about not going for "weak women" was another way to confirm that those feeling are certainly starting to bubble more in the romantic direction (if they're not there already) because (and maybe it's just how I see it) Oliver basically tells him: I didn't because she's not weak with "And you don't even see the danger you're in right now" (sorry I'm sure that's not the exact quote). This also stuck out to me because of Laurel telling Sarah earlier in the season how she wasn't anything like her: so alive, beautiful and strong but I am willing to admit I don't remember the exact words. If he hadn't closed the door with Laurel already this season and done anything but just beam at Felicity during their "moment" then I would have taken it all as I see a lot of you have.
I watched with a large group of ppl, mostly guys, that all saw his "we sold it" as him chickening out. Something they all readily admitted to doing themselves in real life. The writers see what they have with this pair and are going to stretch it as far as they can. Smart move if you ask me cause had they gone any further at the end we as an audience would miss out on the beginning of their romance (thank you to whomever already pointed this out) and no one that ships Olicity (so everyone on the cast except for Katie and all the writers are included here) wants to miss that. Hopefully I'm not wrong but the majority of their development this year has been endgame slow burn 101. Why rush such a wonderful thing?!
Old 05-15-2014, 08:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInThisLand (View Post)
This forum has made me so sad today. I think the ILY was genuine. I think Oliver does love Felicity. Are they IN love yet? No, but I would find it hard to believe he could have sold that so well to Slade if those feeling weren't in there somewhere. I also thought Slade goading Oliver about not going for "weak women" was another way to confirm that those feeling are certainly starting to bubble more in the romantic direction (if they're not there already) because (and maybe it's just how I see it) Oliver basically tells him: I didn't because she's not weak with "And you don't even see the danger you're in right now" (sorry I'm sure that's not the exact quote). This also stuck out to me because of Laurel telling Sarah earlier in the season how she wasn't anything like her: so alive, beautiful and strong but I am willing to admit I don't remember the exact words. If he hadn't closed the door with Laurel already this season and done anything but just beam at Felicity during their "moment" then I would have taken it all as I see a lot of you have.
I watched with a large group of ppl, mostly guys, that all saw his "we sold it" as him chickening out. Something they all readily admitted to doing themselves in real life. The writers see what they have with this pair and are going to stretch it as far as they can. Smart move if you ask me cause had they gone any further at the end we as an audience would miss out on the beginning of their romance (thank you to whomever already pointed this out) and no one that ships Olicity (so everyone on the cast except for Katie and all the writers are included here) wants to miss that. Hopefully I'm not wrong but the majority of their development this year has been endgame slow burn 101. Why rush such a wonderful thing?!
More or less what I posted in the thread last night. I understand frustration, but we are getting what we wanted. Maybe not exactly how we wanted it, but we don't actually write the show. That's what fan fiction is for

They are happening. Imagine someone telling us last finale that we would be in such a state of tizzy over Oliver telling Felicity he loves her. These are high class problems for a shipper. Oliver may have been a tad hasty, but he meant what he said. The honesty in his performance gave it away. I can't be mad at the dude for chickening out and not owning up to it in their last scene. It's going to be a long wait, but I'm here for it.
And I wondered if I could come home"
icon:blonsl|♥Alyssa

Last edited by SqueegyBeckinheim; 05-15-2014 at 08:49 AM
Old 05-15-2014, 09:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
"In the Flash pilot, Barry comes to me," Amell tells TVGuide.com. "[It's a] little snippet in the Flash pilot where he and I share a scene together, it's in his pilot, but [filming] it felt like our show because he's coming to Starling City.
Interesting!

ETA: Barrowman is a regular next season!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top