Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2015, 11:45 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
See the rest of the shows made sense but Arrow and Flash representation was weird. There was plenty of Barry but then there was like half a second of Firestorm and a shot of Wells instead of Caitlin and Cisco or even Joe and Iris. And based on the Arrow footage you'd the it was the Black Canary and Green Arrow show which isn't the case. Of course everyone can't fit in but they didn't even try to fit others in. We didn't need five different shots of the BC. They could've fit in more characters, they just didn't for some reason. Sorry but it was a weird promo that didn't represent Arrow the right way in particular.
And yet when promo's come out that're packed full of Oliver, Diggle, Felicity, Thea, Olicity etc but with next to no Laurel making you wonder if she's even in the episode that's totally ok? As it's been said Arrow may be following Oliver's story but it's a big universe which a lot of different characters exist in. It's gonna be a little while before any new promo is released with any new footage, so they've gotta bridge the gap somehow. I don't doubt over the next few weeks & what not there will be other promos out with a focus on other characters not including Laurel, and when that happens I won't be complaining.

Quote:
Also personally I hope most of that other dimension, time travel stuff stays on Flash. It's just a lot to deal with and even though Arrow has metas and is connected to the Flash universe, I like that it still maintains a more grounded approach. I would just prefer that mess stay off of Arrow as much as possible.
Again I'm gonna have to disagree here. Part of what makes me watch The Flash is that it embraces its Comic Book heritage with all this wacky sht & basically has fun with itself. Sure we still get the drama & Grant Gustin can act the fck out of scenes, but more times than not it's more light hearted in its approach than Arrow, and I'd hope with Oliver now apparently finding eternal happiness Marc embraces more of the Comic Book world, stops with the Batman rip-off broody stuff and let's the show just be fun.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

I'm interested to see the S4 promo shots, everyone who isn't Felicity is most likely going to be suited up so they will have to set them up in a way that doesn't look to weird. I think having Felicity in front of a computer with all the masked heroes behind her would make a good poster.

Somewhat similar to this
Old 05-21-2015, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

Okay I'm just going to go ahead and say agree to disagree on the promo. It's only one promo anyway. Doesn't matter that much. Wasn't trying to start a huge debate or anything. I didn't like how the represented Arrow and even the Flash but people don't have to agree with me. So agree to disagree.

Also Arrow will be lighter but it's still going to have a darker tone than the Flash. I don't mind the dark tone too much, but I'm looking forward to it going lighter. I'm looking forward to happier Oliver who is fighting to live and hoping for the future. That's going to be awesome. But like I said I like Arrow's more grounded approach. I don't mind if multiple kinds of characters find there way to Arrow from Flash but I hope they mostly keep messy time travel, multiple dimensions stuff on Flash and Legends. Can't wait for the big crossovers though, last year's big crossovers were so much fun. I'm even more excited for these with official Olicity in the mix now. Can't wait for Barry's reaction to them being together, Caitlin and Cisco's too. And just how that new dynamic affects everything. And hopefully they crossovers will have both Amells together again too. Can't wait!
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 05-21-2015 at 12:22 PM
Old 05-21-2015, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)

A promo made up of old scenes, of course they are going to try promote their comic shows with the masked ones. Flash and Arrow aren't the biggest shows on the network just because it follows Oliver Queen and Barry Allen, people watch these two shows because they have superheroes in them. Firestorm was in like 3 episodes? And yet he was in there.
Thanks it was cool seeing so much BC. I usually take the CW now promos with a grain of salt. However I am not surprised they used her to draw people in since LAurel BC was a success and not a failure like some assumed.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:08 PM
Elite Fan

Some Actors Will Appear On Flash, Arrow, & Legends Of Tomorrow | Comicbook.com

Posted this in the last thread but it was right as we were finishing it, so not sure if everyone saw it. According to Grant, Captain Cold and Heatwave will travel to all three shows. He kind of makes them out to be floating characters. I thought the article might say who SA was talking about but clearly he wasn't talking about these two since they didn't originate on Arrow like SA said the character he was talking about will. So no clarity there. Still don't know who SA was talking about.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 05-21-2015, 01:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

I think they are using the first half of S2/S4 to set up LoT.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
See the rest of the shows made sense but Arrow and Flash representation was weird. There was plenty of Barry but then there was like half a second of Firestorm and a shot of Wells instead of Caitlin and Cisco or even Joe and Iris. And based on the Arrow footage you'd the it was the Black Canary and Green Arrow show which isn't the case. Of course everyone can't fit in but they didn't even try to fit others in. We didn't need five different shots of the BC. They could've fit in more characters, they just didn't for some reason. Sorry but it was a weird promo that didn't represent Arrow the right way in particular.
I'm happy with that promo. I'm hoping season 4 has more Laurel focus and for the record Olivers life does not revolve around Felicity. I don't see how they didn't represent Arrow in the right way. The show is about super heroes. I think the makers of this promo did a great job representing the show!

And it wasn't even new footage!

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 05-21-2015, 02:36 PM
Elite Fan

The show is about way more than superheroes. And even so there are way more masked heroes and otherwise on the show than BC and GA. Nobody else was shown, that's not an accurate representation of the show. That's just my opinion. Also old footage isn't an excuse, they have old footage of every character. That's not a reason to not have the other characters in there. All the old footage means is that it doesn't actually have anything to do with the new season. But like I said it's just one promo. It doesn't matter that much. Some people like it, some don't (and I'm not the only one. I've seen plenty of people on Tumblr and Twitter not pleased with that promo). Like I said agree to disagree
Old 05-21-2015, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I find it hilarious that when ever Laurel is not in some promo no one gets up and arms but after three seasons she's finally in some things it's time to clutch pearls.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

This is not a Laurel issue for me. I don't even pay attention to promos normally. I couldn't tell you how much she or any else is used or underused in previous promos. I rarely watch live (I don't watch anything live really, lol) , so I don't see them. But this one showed up on the internet so I saw it. I never said she shouldn't be in the promo. And it's not like I flipped out over this one. All I said was I don't like it because it didn't include all the characters. I didn't think it was accurate representation of the show. That's all. But I'm not up in arms over one little promo. Especially not one that is all the network's doing. It's just one promo, I was never trying to start a debate over it. Just want to be clear on my opinion. It's not a big deal. So I'm going stop talking about it now.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
The show is about way more than superheroes. And even so there are way more masked heroes and otherwise on the show than BC and GA. Nobody else was shown, that's not an accurate representation of the show. That's just my opinion. Also old footage isn't an excuse, they have old footage of every character. That's not a reason to not have the other characters in there. All the old footage means is that it doesn't actually have anything to do with the new season. But like I said it's just one promo. It doesn't matter that much. Some people like it, some don't (and I'm not the only one. I've seen plenty of people on Tumblr and Twitter not pleased with that promo). Like I said agree to disagree
I'm glad they chose Laurel! love seeing her in promos. I'm sure Felicity will have way more screen time/and promo time then I'd like. I wish Thea was also in the promo! I think she was great in season 3 and will be even more amazing in season 4! I'd also wish Malcolm was in there! But like you said it's old footage so it doesn't effect season 4 at all. And for the record I never said old footage was an excuse.

I think they chose those scenes for it because BC is one of the main heroes, exciting and action filled! I feel it's a good sign that they show cased Laurel! Hopefully a good sign for Laurel fans moving forward.

Not everyone gets to be in every promo and I think it's important to remember how many shows that promo was trying to represent in so little time! Like just because Thea wasn't in the promo doesn't diminish her importance to the story! And Felicity is still their tech instructor!

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 05-21-2015, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

I am happy for Laurel/BC fans that you got a promo you like. Not trying to begrudge you that. Just would've liked to see Felicity, Thea, and Diggle in particular in the promo too. And At least Cisco and Caitlin for the Flash too. They should've all been in there. But it's just one promo. It's not a big deal. Those who like it can enjoy it and those who don't like, don't have to watch it again. I really didn't mean to make it seem like a big dealL. It's really not a big deal. Yes it irked me that so many characters got left out, but it's not something to get up in arms about, it is after all just one promo that has no new footage in it. And it's true it doesn't diminish anyone's importance on the show. It just is what it is. A simple promo spot that I can't believe we have talked about for this long, lol. This is what a spoiler dry spell can do to you. It's going to be a long hiatus, lol.

Also just have to say, Felicity is waaaaaaaaaaay more than a tech instructor. She's the irreplaceable brains of the operation and often times the heart. Plus a superhero in her own right.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:06 PM
Ultimate Fan

The promo was ok wish there was Diggle F and T in the promo but what are we going to do it is wat it is.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Those are the 2 main masked heroes on the show with plenty of footage. But like i said, they c want to bring in viewers and that is a popular pairing to do, if you have them, use em.

And the main draw for the general audience is superheroes.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 05-21-2015 at 05:55 PM
Old 05-21-2015, 06:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

Still they should have used Thea. Who is a popular pairing?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread