Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2015, 10:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
What's realistic? Roy levitating between trucks? Oliver being stabbed through the chest and surviving a call off a cliff? Felicity being able to build and defuse a bomb and some how know how to patch up injuries?
Exactly.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Your Welcome again IBelieveInMiracles! .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 04-12-2015, 10:32 PM
Elite Fan

I never said everything in this show is realistic. Far from it. It's a superhero show obviously some stuff isn't going to make sense. But they can't make this big deal about how scary and skilled the LoA is with assassins trained in pretty psychopathic ways, if Sara basically not feeling pain anymore and MM's training methods with Thea are any indication, by the pretty much unstoppable RAG and then say a beginner fighter like Laurel or even Roy could take down someone like that in hand to hand combat without help. Oliver is barely a match for the League. So that's pretty glaringly obviously not realistic. And kind of undermines what they done with the League if beginner fighters are suddenly on par with them. I think people not being able to take down opponents when they actually clearly don't have to the skill level to do so is different from someone being able to patch a wound (although Felicity hasn't exactly done anything she would've needed to go to medical school to know how to do anyway) or surviving something that would kill most people. Because it's not a hard realism to achieve-having everyone fight at their actual level. These people don't have superpowers so taking down formidable opponents should be quite difficult nearing impossible on occasion like with the League especially when they are just beginning to train and fight.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 04-12-2015, 10:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

So I'm hoping they do a 6 month jump or something around there. Season 3 was really about growing and finding yourself, so it will be interesting to see the show with everyone fully realized with who they want to be.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:23 PM
Elite Fan

They've done a time jump between finale and premiere in the two other seasons so I bet they will do one this season too. I think they like putting some time between the events of one season and the next so all the craziness isn't crammed together in one short time period of the characters lives. A time jump would be nice, seems like they are all going to need some time for healing and rest or training in some cases after this crazy season.

Just 3 days until 3x19! And hopefully reassurance that Roy is going to be okay. I can only hope anyway. I feel like we have been waiting for 3x19 to finally air for forever. I guess because it feels like such an important episode with what Roy did in 3x18, what is probably going to happen to Thea, and with that death spoiler looming over it. Glad it's finally almost here so we can stop wondering who that spoiler is about and going crazy over it. And after 3x19 only one week left until 3x20 and all the Olicity awesomeness! Cannot wait for that!
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 04-12-2015 at 11:37 PM
Old 04-12-2015, 11:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)

Hopefully 3rd times the charm for this girl.
Wow thats kind of mean

Glad to see Caity Lotz back on tv, I enjoyed her on Arrow and I get why they had to move her out to move Laurel in but its nice to see her back even if she isn't Black Canary. I would have liked to have learnt more about how she made it into the League and her relationship with Nyssa so hopefully we will see flash backs of that in the new show.

Ill be interested to see how they tie her return in with Arrow. I hope that will provide some solace and powerful moments for Laurel Lance and Thea.

However I do wonder if maybe she looks like Sara and is Sara but doesn't know she is Sara. As in amenesia or something. It would provide drama for the Arrow characters to be able to see the person they love back in the flesh but her not have memories or knowledge of who they are.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:11 AM
Elite Fan

^I'm ready for some answers on this Sara being in the spinoff, that's for sure. And you know as much as her being resurrected somehow would help Thea and obviously be good news for Laurel and Quentin, there is a certain cruelty to bringing her back from the dead again. Her loved ones have grieved her twice now.. Twice they have had their hearts ripped out and had to figure out how to somehow continue on without her. Bringing her back to life means she could die again. They could have to grieve her a third time. Not that I'm saying the writers would kill her on the spinoff but the potential is there because well people die, that's a fact of life. And I don't know how someone emotionally survives grieving the same person 3 times. So like I said a certain cruelty to bringing her back to life. And also how does anyone technically stay permanently dead on the show if they introduce magical resurrection pool that revive dead bodies? I don't understand this at all.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:13 AM
Ultimate Fan

How is it mean? She's died twice, hopefully this time she can stay alive.

I just hope her comeback is revealed to everyone in a timely manner.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

^Me too. Like I said, so ready for those answers.

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 04-13-2015 at 02:26 AM
Old 04-13-2015, 04:19 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
How is it mean? She's died twice, hopefully this time she can stay alive.

Oh I thought you meant third times the charm for her to die. Sorry I read it wrong.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hasn't Oliver 'known' her to die 3 times? So it's already the fourth time.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

New Zealand promo
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Old 04-13-2015, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

^Thanks for the video!
Old 04-13-2015, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Your Welcome IBelieveInMiracles! .

Quote:
A. Thena Agron ‏@AThenaAgron · 46m46 minutes ago
@insidethetube @PaulBlackthorne What would it take for Oliver and Quentin's relationship to be repaired?

@PaulBlackthorne
“@AThenaAgron: @insidethetube @PaulBlackthorne What would it take for Oliver and Quentin's relationship to be repaired?” A BIG MAN HUG!
https://twitter.com/PaulBlackthorne/...73793692176384

Old 04-13-2015, 11:31 AM
Elite Fan

^Lol, at Paul's response. Interested to see how they actually repair their relationship. Thanks for the tweets!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread