Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2014, 06:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

what the heck? now I'm all confused about who is good/bad, or who gets offed!
Old 08-26-2014, 07:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Here are a few set pics. Not as intriguing as the new teaser.

fatcakes_pizza
#actressonset#theaffair

fatcakes_pizza
#movieefx #theaffair

coltroms
Crown Heights
@Showtime's new show #TheAffair with Dominic West and the incomparable Ruth Wilson (if you haven't seen her in Luther, see it now!) brings winter to my block. Makes me want to hold onto summer for dear life.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by On the Fringe (View Post)
what the heck? now I'm all confused about who is good/bad, or who gets offed!
I know, it now seems like it might be Allison that could be shady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy0706 (View Post)
Very intriguing! I never wondered about WHAT was in the cooler - now I'm a little scared of its contents.
I have two thoughts on that.

1. Could it be illegal substances - this could explain the question Cole asks Allison about the pick up in the first Trailer.

2. Is she being blackmailed and that is money.

It is definitely keeping me guessing.

Here's a promo pic.

icon credit: crash landing

Last edited by JJH85; 08-26-2014 at 08:09 PM
Old 08-27-2014, 12:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I have two thoughts on that.

1. Could it be illegal substances - this could explain the question Cole asks Allison about the pick up in the first Trailer.

2. Is she being blackmailed and that is money.

It is definitely keeping me guessing.
Wow! That's a very cool theory! It may really have something to do with cole's strange question about the pick up and that maybe makes alison shady in the second trailer because cole asks her to do certain things. Or she is asked to do certain things without knowing what is
in the cooler. Anyway i think Alison was doing something for his husband in the trailer and the shady one might be Cole!
Old 08-27-2014, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The best thing about all this speculation is that once we see the Pilot we are going to on the edge of our seats with wonder.

Okay Showtime, time to get some Josh promo pics out there and Maura too.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
The best thing about all this speculation is that once we see the Pilot we are going to on the edge of our seats with wonder.

Okay Showtime, time to get some Josh promo pics out there and Maura too.
Well said! Time for josh and maura pics and i'm sure we'll see them because in the BTS video they were doing different photoshoots to the actors, singles and group, that are not showed in the video.
Anyway i think nothing bad will happen to cole or helen. A third person may have been involved in noah and alison's affair and died. I'm still curious about the cooler.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm starting to think Cole is shady, and is also the one who is dead. Maybe a drug running operation to fund the ranch? And Alison got caught up in it too.

I'm also guessing the affair has nothing to do with the crime, except as eyewitnesses to activities that may have led up to the death.

But it's all speculation...looking so forward to having some answers!
Old 08-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

I remember that the official plot says that the affair will lead to complex consequences. So, i think that noah and alison ended up at the interrogation for a very complex reason and the victim is not cole or helen. That said, i really think Cole is very dark. The fact that he is described as "the prodigal son" means he is not a saint and i would be excited to see josh dealing with things like violence, alcool abuse, drug ecc.
Anyway i have seen a set picture in NY with ruth wilson and an FBI veicle next to a school where Noah probably works. I wonder if something happens in NY and not in Montauk.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
I remember that the official plot says that the affair will lead to complex consequences. So, i think that noah and alison ended up at the interrogation for a very complex reason and the victim is not cole or helen. That said, i really think Cole is very dark. The fact that he is described as "the prodigal son" means he is not a saint and i would be excited to see josh dealing with things like violence, alcool abuse, drug ecc.
Anyway i have seen a set picture in NY with ruth wilson and an FBI veicle next to a school where Noah probably works. I wonder if something happens in NY and not in Montauk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
I'm starting to think Cole is shady, and is also the one who is dead. Maybe a drug running operation to fund the ranch? And Alison got caught up in it too.

I'm also guessing the affair has nothing to do with the crime, except as eyewitnesses to activities that may have led up to the death.

But it's all speculation...looking so forward to having some answers!
OMG it is all making sense, so it will be interesting to see what the real mystery storyline is going to be.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

Old 08-27-2014, 06:55 PM
Extreme Fan

There are more scenes of Alison with the cooler box in the first three minute trailer that was released. It looks like she is at the ranch with it, in at least one scene anyway. Not sure where she is in the other.

I could be wrong but I think Cole and Alison are being interviewed by police in the pilot. Not sure about that though, but thought I read that somewhere. Could be Noah and Alison.

Those shots of Ruth in NYC. Why would Alison be in NYC?

I thought the crime would be the death of Alison and Cole's child, but maybe the crime is something else not related.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was thinking that the crime maybe is not about a death. The detective mentions a victim, but it may be someome who has been damaged or hurt.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Interesting speculations there!. I think NUMBER ONE suspect on the list has to be DRUGS. I don't know about you guys but if Alison works in a diner and Cole is a cowboy...Well let's just say, do they make enough money from their professions to see them through the harder times or do they have something shady going on the side?. I can see Cole fitting into that role of "drug dealer" quite easily whether we're talking illegal narcotics or selling knock off cheap over the counter stuff.
What if it isn't just "human" drugs but some veterinary drugs and supplies?. After all he works on a ranch looking after animals and it is ranch country?.
Has to deal in something for a little extra income right?.

That's just my theory but no doubt I'm WAAY off mark!.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin 13 (View Post)
Interesting speculations there!. I think NUMBER ONE suspect on the list has to be DRUGS. I don't know about you guys but if Alison works in a diner and Cole is a cowboy...Well let's just say, do they make enough money from their professions to see them through the harder times or do they have something shady going on the side?. I can see Cole fitting into that role of "drug dealer" quite easily whether we're talking illegal narcotics or selling knock off cheap over the counter stuff.
What if it isn't just "human" drugs but some veterinary drugs and supplies?. After all he works on a ranch looking after animals and it is ranch country?.
Has to deal in something for a little extra income right?.

That's just my theory but no doubt I'm WAAY off mark!.
I love your theory! I can see Cole dealing with illegal stuff as a way to save the ranch.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

The plot does say that Cole and Alison are dealing with a tragedy when the affair happens, which I'm assuming is the loss of their child.

But I think that's going to be unrelated to whatever "crime" occurs.

We need answers!