Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2014, 05:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the video!

So excited for the full-on PR blitz. Showtime really promoted the crap out of Penny Dreadful, I hope they'll do the same with The Affair.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:53 PM
Extreme Fan

That video was a nice start. They need to promote the heck out of it, because it's different to what people think it is. People are not interested in it at the moment, because they think it is a show that they have seen before.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
That video was a nice start. They need to promote the heck out of it, because it's different to what people think it is. People are not interested in it at the moment, because they think it is a show that they have seen before.
Totally agree, but i'm positive because the way Showtime promotes its products seems excellent and they are starting pretty well with "The Affair"
Old 08-16-2014, 01:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

A couple screen caps from the Yahoo video.

Cast:

Cole and Allison's House:

Cole and Allison:
Old 08-16-2014, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope when they start to really promote it, they put some focus on the crime element that the Title doesn't allude to.

Those are great screen caps, thanks for posting them.

Here are a couple of gifs from that episode.

icon credit: crash landing

Last edited by JJH85; 08-16-2014 at 03:46 PM
Old 08-16-2014, 11:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Interesting setup of the four on the rocks, in the promo pic. Maura's character is a lot further away from her husband, than Cole is to Alison. There has to be some significance to that.

Also interesting that the whole Yahoo clip is very heavily based on Noah and Alison. The interviews. a lot of the footage is of them and even most of the promo footage is of them too. I get they're affair is what the whole thing is based on, but it would of been nice to get more from Maura and Josh. Just to hear about their characters a bit would of been nice.

Thanks for the pic captions.

I wonder how much of the crime element is part of the story. We have been told that we won't be left hanging with regards to this, by the end of the season.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
Interesting setup of the four on the rocks, in the promo pic. Maura's character is a lot further away from her husband, than Cole is to Alison. There has to be some significance to that.

Also interesting that the whole Yahoo clip is very heavily based on Noah and Alison. The interviews. a lot of the footage is of them and even most of the promo footage is of them too. I get they're affair is what the whole thing is based on, but it would of been nice to get more from Maura and Josh. Just to hear about their characters a bit would of been nice.

Thanks for the pic captions.

I wonder how much of the crime element is part of the story. We have been told that we won't be left hanging with regards to this, by the end of the season.
Yes, the video is focused on Noah and Alison but at TCA Sarah Treem said that the show will not be about that in the end. So, i think that showing just the affair element in the beginning it's a good strategy and way to not reveal other very important things (if not the most important things) in the the show, Cole and Helen included.
Speaking of the promo pic i agree with you. The way the four characters stand in the picture is interesting, especially Helen and Cole. Helen seems distant or she doesn't want to see "certain things", while Cole is right in Noah and Alison's proximity. He is next to Alison but he is also staring at Noah. I think that promo pic has an important meaning.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

The BTS video is now available on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xYsqE_vB6I
Old 08-18-2014, 05:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

What a great surprise!. To come back onto the forums and find another video available for "The Affair!". I've already played the last one out TOO many times to mention!.
I can't wait for this show to air, hopefully where I am or I'll just have to find another way to get it!.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks Jade86.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

A conversation string on Twitter:

@SarahTreem: 9 scripts down. 1 to go. An honor to write for these actors. Prepare to be inspired by @MsKateRobin @danlefranc, M. Marnich and E. Overmyer

@MsKateRobin: @SarahTreem As Noah Solloway might say, without you, there would be nothing...

@SarahTreem: @MsKateRobin @danlefranc spoiler alert
Old 08-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

More Tweets

JESSiCA ‏@JLynn_XoXoX · Aug 16
How many times have I watched #TheAffair teaser? I may have it memorized. 😐 October needs to hurry! @VancityJax , you're gonna be awesome!

Ismael AbduSalaam ‏@Ismael_BBM_NYK · 20h
"There is no objective truth. No one is actually right." - #TheAffair

Ismael AbduSalaam ‏@Ismael_BBM_NYK · 20h
Yessss Ruth Wilson :-) #Alice #TheAffair

Shanna Pope ‏@shannapope · 21h
All these promos for #TheAffair have me anxiously awaiting October.

Monica ‏@monie719 · 21h
@RuthWilsonOrg #TheAffair looking good #Luther still my #1 @idriselba @RuthWilsonOrg

Melanie Down ‏@MelanieDown · 23h
♥ @VancityJax always an honest lowdown "it's a lean forward show, not a sit back show" Can't wait #TheAffair http://yhoo.it/1t6VJZE

Old 08-18-2014, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new tweets.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 08-18-2014, 07:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Technically they ARE shots of cast members.....

fishdontwearshoes#theaffair

mooshuguy#horses #horse #theaffair #summer #paddock #fence #trees #sky #shamelesshashtags #setlife
Old 08-19-2014, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There's a new Thread for The Affair on the Joshua Jackson Board.

http://www.fanforum.com/f30/affair-d...show-63130551/

Closed Thread   Post New Thread