Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2014, 05:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

Looks like Ruth Wilson will be on Broadway during her off time until next season (hopefully). Ruth Wilson Joins Jake Gyllenhaal in Broadway’s ‘Constellations’ | Variety
Old 10-20-2014, 10:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
Yes, I think is acting up a bit today, I couldn't get in earlier.

I really noticed the Cole personality differences in each viewpoint in episode 2. Noah's version had him so closed off and tough. While Alison's viewpoint had him as much more lighthearted, warm, and fun. Even I didn't care for Cole in Noah's version.

I didn't know Colin Donnell before this show, but I also thought he was a big standout in this episode.

I find Alison consistently "forgets" things in her version. She said wasn't a smoker in ep1, although she was. She didn't admit to smoking weed in ep2 although she clearly does smoke up, based on her sister in law inviting her to join her smoking a joint first thing in the morning.

I found it interesting that Noah remembers telling Alison he loves his wife. While she remembers him saying maybe he made a mistake marrying her so young.

I love Helen in both versions, casual or snotty rich.

And wow, Noah paid $40 for jam? Sucker.
Colin also stands out because he's stunningly gorgeous.
And yes, $40.00 for jam was like wtf!!!
Old 10-21-2014, 07:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen (View Post)
Colin also stands out because he's stunningly gorgeous.
And yes, $40.00 for jam was like wtf!!!
And I give mine away as xmas presents to family. I will have to take it to farmers markets and see if I can get that much for it.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Promo pics for episode 5 have been posted! The tension is palpable!

Photos - The Affair - Season 1 - Promotional Episode Photos - Episode 1.05
Old 10-22-2014, 08:12 AM
New Fan

I'm starting to think its one of Cole's brothers that died. Maybe the one hitting on Whitney? Scotty is it?

I'm thinking they think it's Noah, but I'm betting it was Alison.

Of course I'm going to be wrong about all of this lol
Old 10-22-2014, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Cole is so angry - has he found out about The Affair, but if so why is he airing it at the dinner table. Even angry, he is HOT!

Who is this woman? He looks like she could be Alison's mother, but have they mentioned anything about her parents other than the seaside home belonging to her grandfather.

Alison looks a little guilty here - maybe it was Hal that saw something.

An intense moment between Scotty and Cole.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 10-22-2014, 09:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

We don't know if Cole found out about the affair in that episode. It's possible that he is angry for something else. Maybe he feels that something is wrong with Alison because of her attitudes. He is clearly angry anyway. I wonder who is the woman next to Alison.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kristin ‏@brizsalz · 19m19 minutes ago
#JoshuaJackson you have outdone yourself in #TheAffair my new #guiltypleasure. Good show so far! That is all.

Edit @3:20pm

LIZY ‏@lizcriolla · 58m58 minutes ago
Nice review of @SHO_TheAffair in @EW

icon credit: crash landing
Old 10-24-2014, 02:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Just read the 3th episode synopsis:

"Noah asks Alison to help him research the local culture for his novel, but their innocent tour of Montauk proves more dangerous than expected. Meanwhile, Cole takes a stand on behalf of his community; and Helen deals with business back in Brooklyn."

It seems that we'll see more Cole in action. I'm curious to see how and if this fits with the feud between the Lockharts and Oscar's family, mentioned in one of the sneak peeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqqm...1L7N3AEbmwWhjQ
Old 10-24-2014, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

you know this does repeat.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:31 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the pictures and spoilage.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:56 AM
Elite Fan

After seeing the clip of Noah and the detective talking about a feud between the Hodges and the Lockharts I am convinced that it is a Lockhart that dies, but is it a hit and run accident, or murder, and why does the detective think that Noah and or Alison are involved.

Surely forensic evidence from the body would point to the sort of vehicle involved and any suspect vehicles would be examined.

Noah seems quick to point the blame at Oscar but would bad blood be enough to make someone take such a drastic step or is there more to it than old feuds.

Hopefully the next episode will give a few answers or maybe just a few more questions.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
After seeing the clip of Noah and the detective talking about a feud between the Hodges and the Lockharts I am convinced that it is a Lockhart that dies, but is it a hit and run accident, or murder, and why does the detective think that Noah and or Alison are involved.

Surely forensic evidence from the body would point to the sort of vehicle involved and any suspect vehicles would be examined.

Noah seems quick to point the blame at Oscar but would bad blood be enough to make someone take such a drastic step or is there more to it than old feuds.

Hopefully the next episode will give a few answers or maybe just a few more questions.
What Noah said about the feud between the Hodges and Lockharts is very interesting but i don't know how does that fit with the murder/accident. I think there is more behind that feud. Noah mentioned the Moonshine production in Montauk during Prohibition and i wonder if he was trying to imply something bigger than an illegal alcool production.

Last edited by jade86; 10-24-2014 at 10:32 AM
Old 10-24-2014, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
What Noah said about the feud between the Hodges and Lockharts is very interesting but i don't know how does that fit with the murder/accident. I think there is more behind that feud. Noah mentioned the Moonshine production in Montauk during Prohibition and i wonder if he was trying to imply something bigger than an illegal alcool production.
I think he was trying to suggest that Oscar had something to do with the accident/death and by mentioning the feud it was implied that one of the Lockhart's had been the victim.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:22 AM
Ultimate Fan

A breakdown and review about episode 3

Review: The Affair: “Episode Three” · TV Club · The A.V. Club