Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2014, 01:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
I will tell you. Hopefully others won't mind. The girl in the first opening scene he meets at the swimming pool. Apparently she will be recurring in the 10th episode. The actress mentioned it on twitter. I think it is only for that one, but could be wrong.
Very interesting that scene at the pool was foreshadowing the affair that's about to happen. Noah was pleased that a younger, attractive woman was interested in him. Perhaps gave him that confidence to pursue Alison?
Old 10-07-2014, 01:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
I hope Mare Winningham gets some screen time, love her! Her imdb only shows her as being in the pilot, but imdb isn't that great at updating.
I hope so, too. I adore Mare Winningham, she's part of the 80s brat pack! Love her in St. Elmo's Fire.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:51 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
\I would like to know and this is a Spoiler Thread, so it should be fine to post it here.
Yes, it is fine to post here as this is the spoilers thread for the show.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tela (View Post)
Very interesting that scene at the pool was foreshadowing the affair that's about to happen. Noah was pleased that a younger, attractive woman was interested in him. Perhaps gave him that confidence to pursue Alison?
I was thinking that it was meant to suggest that Noah was already "looking" at other women. Or at least he was already thinking that other women were looking at him. Even before he met Alison.

I think he was headed towards an affair, Alison or no Alison. Mid life crisis guy.

Quote:
I hope so, too. I adore Mare Winningham, she's part of the 80s brat pack! Love her in St. Elmo's Fire.
Me too! I loved her 80's movies, and Turner and Hooch.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

SHO_PR ‏@SHO_PR 3 min3 minuti fa
Tune-in to @ENews tonight for red carpet coverage from #TheAffair premiere in NYC!
Old 10-07-2014, 05:52 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
Tune-in to @ENews tonight for red carpet coverage from #TheAffair premiere in NYC!
Thanks.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I was thinking that it was meant to suggest that Noah was already "looking" at other women. Or at least he was already thinking that other women were looking at him. Even before he met Alison. I think he was headed towards an affair, Alison or no Alison. Mid life crisis guy.
Great perspective, I wasn't thinking about Noah's character in that light. He's definitely seems to be frustrated. Every time he tries to sleep with this wife, they get interrupted by their children! Now, I have yet another excuse to watch the pilot again. I have to look at Noah with a mid-life crisis angle.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
did anyone watch this?
Old 10-08-2014, 05:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Great perspective, I wasn't thinking about Noah's character in that light. He's definitely seems to be frustrated. Every time he tries to sleep with this wife, they get interrupted by their children! Now, I have yet another excuse to watch the pilot again. I have to look at Noah with a mid-life crisis angle.
I just kind of get that "ennui" feel from him. Bored, dissatisfied, etc. Maybe not consciously, but I do think he's looking for something to shake his life up.

And an excuse to watch again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen (View Post)
did anyone watch this?
I don't get E!

Last edited by Tracydeanne1; 10-08-2014 at 05:55 AM
Old 10-08-2014, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

it's getting closer.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

I finally watched the pilot! yeah!!!! It's so so so good!!! The ending was ---> O_o

I loved the two perspectives. Very intriguing!
Ok so let's start with Noah and Helen. The perfect family with very crazy children. When i saw that one of them tried to kill himself i was like "what??". I would be very worried in Noah shoes! O_O He was joking. Really?? O_O
That was one of the most strange moments in the pilot to me!
Anyway i felt Noah's dissatisfacion immediately despite he has a wonderful wife and four children.

Alison and Cole. Well....So much sadness and it's very visible during their sex scenes. There is...no feeling...
Alison is still very demaged while Cole really wants to go on but he is very frustrated. I almost cried in the scene with alison at the cimitery, trying to read Peter Pan story to his son.
Guys....I really think that their son drawned because:

1) Alison was scared when she saw Noah's little girl soffucating
2) There was a surf pendant on the grave
3) Alison warned Cole to be careful before he was going to surf

I had this thought that Cole was there when their son died, because he probably loved surf too or maybe he liked to see his father doing surf.
I have also the feeling that Cole doesn't believe in God in general, because of the way he talked about the priest "i did even talk with that ********** father!" with a pretty shocked face.

Speaking of the actors...Well...Dominic West didn't amaze me in this ep, while i loved Maura. Ruth Wilson is fantastic and Josh really impressed me too! His Cole is a very different character! I have to watch again the episode because i believe Cole has many different sides! I almost saw an evil side in him when they had sex on the car (in Alison's POV).

I'll stop for now
Old 10-08-2014, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

I agree with Jade about Noah's family especially his son. There seems to be a lot of discontent in all of them except for Helen who seems to be oblivious to their unhappiness. Noah is discontent about his lack of success as an author, their daughter is using drugs on a quite dangerous level (i.e every time she goes to her friends house) from what she said, the older boy is so unhappy with his life that he fakes a suicide attempt to get attention and the youngest boy seems unhappy because he is bullied by his brother. The only one who is ok is the youngest who nearly chokes on the way to Gran'mas!

No wonder Noah is ripe for a change in his life. He can't even make love to his wife without endless interruptions.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I just kind of get that "ennui" feel from him. Bored, dissatisfied, etc. Maybe not consciously, but I do think he's looking for something to shake his life up.

And an excuse to watch again!

I don't get E!
I watched it, there was a very small interview with Josh, nothing new really.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

there was a write up in tvguide.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
there was a write up in tvguide.
Can you post it here so we can read it please?