Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2014, 02:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

Is it Cole/Alison's house that was the centre of all that neighborhood controversy when they filmed the pilot?

It didn't really look like it was in a subdivision, although you can see houses when Cole is pulling out of the driveway to go surfing.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
Is it Cole/Alison's house that was the centre of all that neighborhood controversy when they filmed the pilot?

It didn't really look like it was in a subdivision, although you can see houses when Cole is pulling out of the driveway to go surfing.
I didn't know about any controversy! Do tell!
Old 10-06-2014, 04:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Apparently the production crew applied for and got all the proper permits for filming at this particular house (it must be this one) during the pilot, but the City of Montauk was kind of new to film crews in residential areas and didn't lay out any rules for filming in a neighborhood.

So the neighbors complained to the City about the noise, the lights, the traffic, the late hours, etc etc. The production crew said they may have to switch houses after the pilot because of all the troubles they had.

I'll have to see if I can dig up the article.

It wasn't everyone though..because there were some tweets from people like "I'm watching Joshua Jackson film at the house across the street..Woohoo"!

Update: here's one of the articles, there were a bunch. http://easthamptonstar.com/News/2013...s-Angry-Outcry

And this was later discussions they had with the Board after the pilot: http://www.eastendbeacon.com/2014/07...-east-hampton/

Last edited by Tracydeanne1; 10-06-2014 at 04:39 PM
Old 10-06-2014, 05:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Update: here's one of the articles, there were a bunch. All-Night Filming Prompts Angry Outcry | The East Hampton Star

And this was later discussions they had with the Board after the pilot: Showtime Brings its Affairs Back to East Hampton | East End Beacon
I read both articles, thanks! They were quite interesting. My parents live in a coastal town on the Jersey shore, so I can definitely see both sides of the coin. I can't imagine a film crew arriving with all their trucks and equipment in the middle of the summer when traffic is already crazy.

I especially liked reading this little tidbit from Showtime assistant locations manager Andrew Poppoon Season two is expected to take place in Manhattan.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

I noticed that too. A flash forward or flash back to a different time perhaps?
Old 10-07-2014, 06:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Well I was able to see the pilot, in all it's glory. Still can't believe that I was able.

The pilot was interesting. Like others the sex scenes for Cole/Alison I found way uncomfortable. Even though I was thoroughly spoiled, I was still astonished. That relationship is so damaged and the way they are going through the motions is heartbreaking to watch. I agree about the last sex scene being a role play thing. Hated the fact that Noah was watching in both versions though. I wonder if that really was the case.

At this stage C/A's relationship is way more interesting to me. It felt very stilted to me though and I think that's because it wasn't fleshed out, like with Noah and his wife. Both relationships are polar opposites.

I think for a lot of people how the show goes forward now, will be crucial to keeping the interest.

Maura said that the first half we still see part 1 and part 2, but then beyond that we see more of one couple in an episode and only a little of the other. So, about midpoint the style changes and maybe the storytelling style does too.

Also, I have an interesting know about a character in the pilot that is recurring in the tenth episode. If you want me to tell you let me know.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:19 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I noticed that too. A flash forward or flash back to a different time perhaps?
I really can't see Cole moving to Manhattan which makes me think Alison ends up with Noah or leaves Cole and moves to the city
Old 10-07-2014, 06:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby1204 (View Post)
I really can't see Cole moving to Manhattan which makes me think Alison ends up with Noah or leaves Cole and moves to the city
How's that going to work? The producers said that they could tell the story from other people's points of view for other seasons, didn't they? If Montauk is a big part of Alison's story then how can you cut it out?
Old 10-07-2014, 06:29 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
How's that going to work? The producers said that they could tell the story from other people's points of view for other seasons, didn't they? If Montauk is a big part of Alison's story then how can you cut it out?
I have no idea - hopefully Noah moves there and Alison and Cole stay in Montauk but I just have a feeling which I hope doesn't happen
Old 10-07-2014, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

sunday I cant wait.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
Also, I have an interesting know about a character in the pilot that is recurring in the tenth episode. If you want me to tell you let me know.
\I would like to know and this is a Spoiler Thread, so it should be fine to post it here.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 10-07-2014, 07:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
\I would like to know and this is a Spoiler Thread, so it should be fine to post it here.
I will tell you. Hopefully others won't mind. The girl in the first opening scene he meets at the swimming pool. Apparently she will be recurring in the 10th episode. The actress mentioned it on twitter. I think it is only for that one, but could be wrong.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

haven't seen the premiere in full yet...but is Colin Donnell in it? (I know he's in ep 2)
Old 10-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
haven't seen the premiere in full yet...but is Colin Donnell in it? (I know he's in ep 2)
I think I recall Sarah Treem posting a tweet that said "sorry, you have to wait til Ep 2 to see Colin". And he wasn't in the Lockhart family scene in Ep1.

He must have been cast after the pilot, I'm guessing? The pilot was filmed quite some time ago.

I hope Mare Winningham gets some screen time, love her! Her imdb only shows her as being in the pilot, but imdb isn't that great at updating.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for posting all your thoughts on the pilot guys it was really interesting to see other peoples points of view. I think we are in for a very bumpy ride with this one and quite a few tears and what the heck moments - (have to keep it clean). I have a feeling that no-one will be with their original partners at the end of the season but we will have to wait and see.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread