Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2016, 05:48 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacewalker (View Post)
Do you think the Grounder Clans will struggle over the Heda position, and which Clans get to be in charge? Or do you think they will (probably reluctantly) agree to work together to fight whatever additional threat is coming (assuming there is one besides the nuclear reactors)?
I don't think there can be a Heda without the flame. The flame was the whole point. The coalition was secondary to that. And now that they've been in the COL, they might feel very differently about the flame and their whole Grounder religion, so I think there's going to be a lot of turmoil. I don't think anybody is going to want to work together. Not even reluctantly. Some groups are going to flat out refuse to do it.

Like, if a teenage girl told you that a computer in her head told her the world was ending in 6 months, would you be like, "Okay, I guess we have to get together and come up with a solution for this," or would you be like, "Pfft, whatever"?
Old 05-23-2016, 06:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
I don't think there can be a Heda without the flame. The flame was the whole point. The coalition was secondary to that. And now that they've been in the COL, they might feel very differently about the flame and their whole Grounder religion, so I think there's going to be a lot of turmoil. I don't think anybody is going to want to work together. Not even reluctantly. Some groups are going to flat out refuse to do it.

Like, if a teenage girl told you that a computer in her head told her the world was ending in 6 months, would you be like, "Okay, I guess we have to get together and come up with a solution for this," or would you be like, "Pfft, whatever"?
Wait, doesn't Clarke still have the flame?

Well, all of the chipped Grounders saw ALIE and now they will no doubt see the consequences of what ALIE did (i.e. all the death she caused). The Grounders know they were being controlled. They remember everything they did while under the influence of the chip... So, they might believe Clarke especially since she was the one who saved them from ALIE.

Bellamy ❤ Clarke
Old 05-23-2016, 07:15 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Wait, doesn't Clarke still have the flame?
Yes, but they don't have anyone to put it into.

Quote:
Well, all of the chipped Grounders saw ALIE and now they will no doubt see the consequences of what ALIE did (i.e. all the death she caused). The Grounders know they were being controlled. They remember everything they did while under the influence of the chip... So, they might believe Clarke especially since she was the one who saved them from ALIE.
All of the Grounders in Polis would remember. But what about all of the other Grounders who were out there in their own clans' territories at the time and weren't chipped? Unless we're saying that somehow everybody on the east coast of North America was chipped by Ontari and Jaha in a matter of days.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
I think once his son died a lot about his character changed.
So true. Which is why I was so shocked he didn't even care finding out he had a son he had forgotten thanks to ALIE. Raven fought it once she realized she forgot about Finn while Jaha didn't even give it a second thought when he realized he forgot about his son.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:29 PM
Total Fan

That moment when Jaha was like, "Wells?" was one of the big "oh ****" moments of the season, imo.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:37 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotwalkingaway (View Post)
True. Pike -- despite his views -- has been a much more interesting character than Jaha. Now we'll see what other crap he's going to unload to make life better.

Would have been nice to see Octavia/Indra learning to deal with Pike and Pike learning that grounders aren't all that bad.
Yeah the thing about Pike is he made some severely messed up decisions (some i still dislike very much) but at least he had depth even though we didnt get to see enough of it, we still saw something. Jaha even on his "quest" to find the city of light, had no loyalty to anyone, not even Murphy, that relationship was just convenient for him... That doesnt give me layers to his character, he's about as deep as a paddling pool

*sigh... now we miss out on seeing the Indra/O/Pike story

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 05-24-2016, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
So true. Which is why I was so shocked he didn't even care finding out he had a son he had forgotten thanks to ALIE. Raven fought it once she realized she forgot about Finn while Jaha didn't even give it a second thought when he realized he forgot about his son.
Exactly. I was waiting for a twist somewhere because I had trouble believing he would so easily just give up the memory.

Maybe he'll talk it out next season.

Old 05-24-2016, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Solution - drain Ontari of all her blood and keep it in a nice big container. So if Clarke ever wants to communicate with some Commanders, she has a box full of blood!

#The100

I should be a writer for this show tbh.

Old 05-24-2016, 04:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

All of the Grounders in Polis would remember. But what about all of the other Grounders who were out there in their own clans' territories at the time and weren't chipped? Unless we're saying that somehow everybody on the east coast of North America was chipped by Ontari and Jaha in a matter of days.
Only the Grounders in Polis were chipped, but those Grounders were from a variety of different Clans. If they understand what they're up against, I'm sure they'll try to convince their people, too. And Roan knows what ALIE was capable of and he's a leader of Azgeda, and since that Clan is running low on options for leaders, they'll probably do what he says with minimal resistance. Since he's Nia's son, they'll probably trust him to lead.

Bellamy ❤ Clarke
Old 05-24-2016, 11:58 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacatia (View Post)
Solution - drain Ontari of all her blood and keep it in a nice big container. So if Clarke ever wants to communicate with some Commanders, she has a box full of blood!

#The100

I should be a writer for this show tbh.
That is super gross, Lisa. How long can you even store blood that's not refrigerated? Less than a day, surely.

Quote:
Only the Grounders in Polis were chipped, but those Grounders were from a variety of different Clans. If they understand what they're up against, I'm sure they'll try to convince their people, too. And Roan knows what ALIE was capable of and he's a leader of Azgeda, and since that Clan is running low on options for leaders, they'll probably do what he says with minimal resistance. Since he's Nia's son, they'll probably trust him to lead.
It's gonna be so much harder than that. People do not just blithely go along with crazy stories like that. Especially if it means they have to pick up and leave their homes. Even in real life, there's always people who refuse to leave their homes when they're told by credible sources that a life-threatening hurricane is headed towards them, and then they get trapped and a lot of them die. These Grounders, who do not even know what a nuclear reactor is, are not going to be an easy sell. On this show? There will always be conflict and resistance.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:48 AM
Ultimate Fan

I think we'll see a few different missions next season. They have A LOT of characters that needs story lines and screen time. They can't have them all in one place for long.

I think we'll come back a few weeks later. I don't think they'll bother showing us how they get down from the tower. I think Clarke and Bellamy will have filled in some of the others on their situation and left others in the dark. It's give them time for form a plan and for others to lick their wounds.

People clued in would be Kane, Abby, Raven and Monty. Kane and Abby because they are also leadership figures. Raven and Monty because they have to somehow figure out where the safe zone(s) are and perhaps also if there is any at risk plants close by.

The two missions is then a) Convince the grounders of the threat and get them to migrate with them b) stop the meltdown to expand the area they can live in and thereby save more people.

They seem to have two vehicles. They Rover with room for 7-8 people - less with supplies and the truck Jasper was standing by in 3x16.

Team (a) needs Grounders and adults so Kane, Abby, (maybe Luna) and Indra.

Team (b) needs engineers and should include Raven, Monty, Clarke and Bellamy.

Now this leaves Murphy, Emori, Harper, Miller, Bryan, Jaha, Octavia, Jasper and maybe Roan (also Echo plz).

Echo would be a good "tool" for Bellamy's arc. Roan might be good on team a) but for character interaction he is better on team b). He might also know the area and could be useful should they find trouble (and they will, of course).

The rest they can sprinkle in as they please. Octavia is a wildcard though. I would want her with Luna and far away from Bellamy. With how the show does romance in reunions and hugs, I would separate Memori and Marper. Let Briller and Kabby as established couples be together though.

Edit:

In the finale we learned that ALIE discovered the burning power plants 4 months earlier which is right around the time Jaha showed up at the mansion. To me this indicates that ALIE didn't plan the CoL until that time. There were no need to. She got rid of most of the people on Earth so she accomplished her goal. Then she found out the world was coming to an end and wanted to save mankind from extinction.
SO, this means Jaha would have had to have heard this and then been apart of this plan, making the chips, making her server portable etc. That makes him a lot more complicit than just being possessed by an AI.

If so then Jaha should know which Power Plants are at risk which could be a key piece of information in season 4.

Last edited by Fogh; 05-25-2016 at 07:28 AM
Old 05-25-2016, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogh (View Post)
Edit:

In the finale we learned that ALIE discovered the burning power plants 4 months earlier which is right around the time Jaha showed up at the mansion. To me this indicates that ALIE didn't plan the CoL until that time. There were no need to. She got rid of most of the people on Earth so she accomplished her goal. Then she found out the world was coming to an end and wanted to save mankind from extinction.
SO, this means Jaha would have had to have heard this and then been apart of this plan, making the chips, making her server portable etc. That makes him a lot more complicit than just being possessed by an AI.

If so then Jaha should know which Power Plants are at risk which could be a key piece of information in season 4.
Great thoughts. It could be how Jaha is redeemed or at least it's a start.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the discussion

Old 05-25-2016, 04:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

It's gonna be so much harder than that. People do not just blithely go along with crazy stories like that. Especially if it means they have to pick up and leave their homes. Even in real life, there's always people who refuse to leave their homes when they're told by credible sources that a life-threatening hurricane is headed towards them, and then they get trapped and a lot of them die. These Grounders, who do not even know what a nuclear reactor is, are not going to be an easy sell. On this show? There will always be conflict and resistance.
I know... But if 15,000 of their people and a king are backing the "crazy Sky Girl" up, then I think it will be easier to convince them.

Some, like Azgeda, might want to "prove their strength" by handling the situation on their own, but since Grounders don't know the first thing about technology, it probably won't end well for them if they choose to decline help.

It won't be so much about believing Clarke, because most probably will when their own people and leaders are telling them it's true and they lived through it, but some Clans (or individuals) might only refuse to help or let others help them because they don't want to look weak.

Bellamy ❤ Clarke
Old 05-25-2016, 06:59 PM
Total Fan

I don't think all the chipped people would believe Clarke. They didn't know the first thing about technology before they got chipped, so are they going to understand what happened to them and are they going to believe the words of the lady in the red dress who made them crucify each other?

I don't even know if we should assume that Roan is going to believe Clarke. Their alliance was always very shaky.

Basically for me it boils down to the idea that if it's too easy to convince all these people to work together, then it's not going to happen because this show has never worked that way. Think about it from the perspective of the people writing the show. Are they going to make a storyline have more or less conflict? Always more conflict. Always as many obstacles as possible. Because the easy way is boring.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread