Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2016, 01:08 PM
Total Fan

The 100 S&S #49: The Ice Nation Cometh

Upcoming Episodes

Watch the Thrones
Airdate: February 11, 2016

BRENDA STRONG (“DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES”) GUEST STARS — Clarke (Eliza Taylor) discovers the mastermind behind a devious plan. Kane (Henry Ian Cusack) struggles to keep the peace. Meanwhile, Jasper’s (Devon Bostick) grief drives him to reckless behavior. Paige Turco, Isaiah Washington, Bob Morley, Marie Avgeropoulos, Lindsey Morgan, Christopher Larkin, Ricky Whittle and Richard Harmon also star.

Hakeldama
Airdate: February 18, 2016

MICHAEL BEACH (“SONS OF ANARCHY”) GUEST STARS — Clarke’s (Eliza Taylor) hope for peace are dashed by a new threat. Raven (Lindsey Morgan) becomes a target. Meanwhile, Murphy (Richard Harmon) is running a dangerous con. Paige Turco, Henry Ian Cusack, Isaiah Washington, Bob Morley, Marie Avgeropoulos, Devon Bostick, Christopher Larkin, Ricky Whittle also star. Tim Scanlan directed the episode written by Charlie Craig (#305).

Bitter Harvest
Airdate: February 25, 2016

A QUIET AND MYSTERIOUS THREAT IS BREWING — Clarke (Eliza Taylor) is torn between vengeance and mercy. Meanwhile, Kane (Henry Ian Cusick) and Octavia (Marie Avgeropoulos) work together to avert a disaster, and Abby (Paige Turco) continues to worry about Raven (Lindsey Morgan). Isaiah Washington, Bob Morley, Devon Bostick, Christopher Larkin, Richard Harmon, Ricky Whittle also star. Dean White directed the episode written by Kira Snyder (#306).

General spoilers

• What’s Clarke going to do out there alone?
    It’ll be strange for her people, for sure. More interestingly, the question is: When we find her, is she just on a walkabout in the woods, trying to chill out, or does she find the lack of a mission impossible, like a soldier returning from a war? There’s that great scene in The Hurt Locker where the guy’s in the grocery store and he just couldn’t function. Is that the journey we find for Clarke? I’m not saying if it is or it isn’t, but it’s definitely an interesting possibility.X
  • Does Cage’s death signify the end of the Mount Weather storyline?
    Yes, the Mount Weather story has definitely been told. Emerson is alive, though. He’s the one person who survived Mount Weather, and he’ll probably factor into our plans as a threat that’s out there somewhere looking for revenge. But the Mount Weather story was Season 2. We turned the ship towards Mount Weather with the white room at the end of the Season 1 finale, and now, we’ve turned the ship again towards the über story of Season 3 with the City of Light — or, as it turns out, the Woman of Light.X
  • Any hope for Bellarke fans?
    "It's clear that their emotions have grown for each other," Rothenberg concludes. "I think that they do love each other, but it's not romantic yet, obviously. That doesn't mean it won't be someday." X
  • Season 3 (thanks to the 100 subreddit):
    - Season 3 will pick up roughly 2 months after the events at MW (Needless to say, all the characters will be struggling still.)
    - Clarke will still be AWOL, going "bat**** crazy" out in the woods somewhere.
    - Octavia will find it hard to go back to camp after her time being trained as a warrior and will be resentful of the Arkers.
    - Raven's injuries after the finale (the explosion and the drilling) means that physically she's worse off than before. She's also still mourning Finn and coming to terms with her feelings for Kyle, all of which throws new obstacles in her way. But Raven being Raven, she'll power through and rebuild herself and -Lindsay says you'll be seeing a new Raven in S3.
    - Obviously all the characters are suffering PTSD, but it was suggested by the cast's reaction that Jasper will be struggling the most.
    - There will be MORE MONTY!!
    - Bellamy wanted Clarke to stay at camp because she gives him the confidence to make decisions and without her he isn't sure he can do it on his own. So now that Clarke has left, Bellamy will feel resentment towards her. But he will step up in his leadership role and continue to care for the 44 in her absence. (And Octavia will be there looking out for her brother.)
    - Lincoln will also be having a tough time among the Arkers, given that his people killed so many of their own. But he will continue to believe in the greater good and keep fighting for peace.
    - Lexa will be returning and Clarke is still pissed at her for her betrayal. But whether they reconcile or not Jason wouldn't say.

As for the show itself:
    - Jason Rothenberg could wrapup #The100 at end of S4 or S8 depending on how long The 100 goes.
    - It will continue on at the unrelenting pace. There will be moments of joy but the essence of the show being about survival, impossible choices and the limits of human spirit will remain the same.
    - The show is diving back into hard sci-fi. They started in space and came to the ground, but Jason as always wants to keep each season having a different feel from the last and will be changing it up again.
    - The premier will have a totally different feel. (Much like the start of S2 did.)
    - The theme of season 3 is "what it means to be human" - not only in the AI sense but also in how certain characters try to cope with their actions and how they deal with them going forward.
    - We'll find out how a commander is chosen and delve into Grounder culture and beliefs.
    - We find out how and why the bombs fell in the first place.
    - We'll be seeing more of the Mutant characters again!! Although which characters we don't know. They will explore the psychology of what it means to grow up with a mutation and how those characters are treated by grounder culture.
    - There is a lot of bad blood between the Arkers and the Trikru, there will an attempt at peace and the tension between the two groups will be released slightly at the start of the season but peace wont last long.

General News Snippets
    - You’ll see more Grounders spiritual history and “how they’ve adapted things from what the world use to be.”
    - The truce will break and we will be at war.
    - The Ice Nation is the most brutal clan. Roan comes from there and Clarke and him have a lot in common.
    - Ricky says his first scene back is a stunt scene
    - Aaron had some pretty awesome news regarding merch - Yes, that's a prototype for an action figure!
    - Jason says that social media for the show is always a double edged sword, and often sarcasm doesn't translate well to the fans. But as far as fan demands are concerned he will never let that influence the outcome of the show.

Interviews

Last edited by Fuzzy Dunlop; 02-05-2016 at 01:29 PM
Old 02-05-2016, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT.

Glad I wasn't the only one confused by the whole 4th commander comment.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

TFTNT
Fan Forum Hero

Cheers for the new
Elite Fan

Thank you!
Old 02-05-2016, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Fuzzy!

Here are the two synopsis you can add to the OP (I live to boss you around Fuzzy)

"Hakeldama"

MICHAEL BEACH (“SONS OF ANARCHY”) GUEST STARS — Clarke’s (Eliza Taylor) hope for peace are dashed by a new threat. Raven (Lindsey Morgan) becomes a target. Meanwhile, Murphy (Richard Harmon) is running a dangerous con. Paige Turco, Henry Ian Cusack, Isaiah Washington, Bob Morley, Marie Avgeropoulos, Devon Bostick, Christopher Larkin, Ricky Whittle also star. Tim Scanlan directed the episode written by Charlie Craig (#305).

“Bitter Harvest” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)

A QUIET AND MYSTERIOUS THREAT IS BREWING — Clarke (Eliza Taylor) is torn between vengeance and mercy. Meanwhile, Kane (Henry Ian Cusick) and Octavia (Marie Avgeropoulos) work together to avert a disaster, and Abby (Paige Turco) continues to worry about Raven (Lindsey Morgan). Isaiah Washington, Bob Morley, Devon Bostick, Christopher Larkin, Richard Harmon, Ricky Whittle also star. Dean White directed the episode written by Kira Snyder (#306). Original airdate 2/25/16.

ok now I need to catch up, you guys move so fast

Old 02-05-2016, 01:17 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

The commander stuff is just weird.

Lexa was a leader of some kind, united the 12 clans, and is Commander. So, she was the first person to unite the 12 clans under 1 coalition, but was NOT the first Commander.

So, is Commander unique to Trikru and she just carried that title over to the Coalition? If Nia takes over, would she be Commander or would she be Queen? If Nia takes over the Coalition by killing Lexa, does that mean Trikru need to find a new commander and that's how Aden comes in?

It's just so confusing.
Reshop Heda - Icon
Old 02-05-2016, 01:19 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Clarke (Eliza Taylor) is torn between vengeance and mercy
Guessing this is when we see that shot of her with a tied-up Emerson. She'll choose mercy, because she's Clarke, of course.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:20 PM
Total Fan

If anybody needs me to clean up the OP, just let me know. There's probably some things we could take off and some things we could add. Also, I can't see these youtube videos while I'm at work, so if you have any for me to add or remove, just tell me which url.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We've been talking about this Commander stuff since last season - it simply doesn't make sense. It's starting to aggravate me more and more as time goes on, too! Jason and co. better clear it up, because right now it's making 0 sense. I tried asking Aaron about it a million times but he never answers, so I gave up. I tried tweeting Jason a bunch, too.

Fuzzy let me look at the videos quick for you.

ETA just delete the 2nd and 4th videos, they don't work anyway.

And you can add the promo for next week:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuBM98X-mkY

Old 02-05-2016, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought it went

heda (lexa) -> clan leaders (Luna, Nia, lexa) -> generals/army leader (anya) -> village leaders (Indra)

But with latest stuff, indra actually seems to be head of trikru not just tondc.

Maybe they dont know either.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:33 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacatia (View Post)
We've been talking about this Commander stuff since last season - it simply doesn't make sense. It's starting to aggravate me more and more as time goes on, too! Jason and co. better clear it up, because right now it's making 0 sense. I tried asking Aaron about it a million times but he never answers, so I gave up. I tried tweeting Jason a bunch, too.

Fuzzy let me look at the videos quick for you.

ETA just delete the 2nd and 4th videos, they don't work anyway.

And you can add the promo for next week:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuBM98X-mkY
Thanks. Did the video I added work? Sometimes it gets picky about which part of the url to add.

Is the Commander something unique to Trikru? Jason and the writers have never described it that way. They only ever said that the Commander is the leader of the 12 clans. And just last week, Kane said that Indra is the leader of Trikru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandcandy (View Post)
I thought it went

heda (lexa) -> clan leaders (Luna, Nia, lexa) -> generals/army leader (anya) -> village leaders (Indra)

But with latest stuff, indra actually seems to be head of trikru not just tondc.

Maybe they dont know either.
I thought it went

heda (Lexa) -> clan leaders (Luna, Nia, Indra) -> generals (Anya, Tristan)

I think that they don't know. Or that they didn't know how they wanted it to work when they started writing about the Grounders back in S1, and now that they have a better idea of what they're going for, they're fudging things and doing some retconning.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Absolute Fan

Yes the Commnder stuff also confuses me too, and they need to make it clear in the episodes, not on twitter.

I love how the Ice Nation looks except for the Queen. I'm a little disappointed in her look, I expected something more epic.

I hope Clarke kills Emerson. If he's free he'll just keep causing trouble. He either needs to be locked up forever or killed.

Raven is a good candidate for the City of Light with how much pain she's going through...I can see Jaha and A.L.I.E. trying to get her to join.

Not that this matters but since some people seemed confused with who I ship - I think I'm the only one in here who ships both Bellarke and Clexa.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by taragenie (View Post)

I love how the Ice Nation looks except for the Queen. I'm a little disappointed in her look, I expected something more epic.

same here. she looked like an evil disney queen imo. too cheesy.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

A cool twist would be Roan killing the Ice Queen. Do we think Nia banished him? Also, she seemed to mention his name fondly during the last episode.

I don't think it was Lexa because he was hiding from his own people when kidnapping Clarke, right?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread