Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2015, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think anyone is really disputing the chemistry between Clarke and Bellamy...it's just that Clarke isn't really...emotional?? Sexy? Sassy? What is the word I'm looking for idk. For me, when you see romance in TV shows, romance comes into play so much. With her and Finn, she got a bit emo when Raven showed up. But even then she kept trying to turn it off and be a robot.

Raven and Octavia have great personalities and are even almost flirty in a way that only people could be on The 100...which is why I find them hot with their pairings. Clarke, love her, is always so serious (can't blame her) that it's hard to break out of that shell and be flirtatious with someone.

I'm half asleep and have no idea what I'm even saying tbh

Old 10-08-2015, 08:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacatia (View Post)
You're making sense to me.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:03 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacatia (View Post)
I don't think anyone is really disputing the chemistry between Clarke and Bellamy...it's just that Clarke isn't really...emotional?? Sexy? Sassy? What is the word I'm looking for idk. For me, when you see romance in TV shows, romance comes into play so much. With her and Finn, she got a bit emo when Raven showed up. But even then she kept trying to turn it off and be a robot.

Raven and Octavia have great personalities and are even almost flirty in a way that only people could be on The 100...which is why I find them hot with their pairings. Clarke, love her, is always so serious (can't blame her) that it's hard to break out of that shell and be flirtatious with someone.

I see what you're saying. For me, the chemistry that Clarke and Bellamy have is not romantic and I think it's better for the story and for the actors if they don't try to force it. I think it's gone too long and it would be weird now for them to rethink the relationship on new terms. And it would be a waste of a storyline, especially since Clarke is a total dud in romance. After last season, I really can't imagine her being warm again. When she had a few flirty, fun moments in the first season, it almost seems OOC compared to how she's been for the whole rest of the show. Like when you go back and watch her batting her eyes at Finn, it's just like, "Who even is that person? She's not a character on this show." They should focus her character on drama, leadership, hard decisions, etc. and let the supporting actresses carry the fluffy little romantic subplots because they're much better at it.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I kind of wish they'd let have Clarke have a few more fun/flirty moments in season 1, to establish the fact that she does have that side (apparently). I don't know if it was washed away in battle forever, but it's obviously in there somewhere. Granted, being silly and flirty is not on the top of some people's priority lists when they are fighting for their lives daily....but surely during downtown it could peek out.

I'm cool if she's the serious type, but we saw that little glimpse of a goof in season 1. Maybe it'll pop out in season 3 when she goes mental, then she can return and get with Bellamy

Then they'll both be killed in the series finale

(Sorry I'm half asleep again)

Old 10-10-2015, 02:23 PM
Loyal Fan

I wouldn't put it on Clarke if she doesn't come off as romantic or sassy or sexy, but on the writers. Does she ever have a break? Does she ever have downtime? She's always tense, stressed, concerned about something, she has only time to kill people or to lay out plans to rescue someone. Writers have put all the weight of the world on her shoulders and it seems no one else can carry it but her.

I think they're pushing Clarke's character a bit too much and make her look like a sort of robot with no time to do the casual things every human being needs to do. They will slowly turn every character of the show into a killing machine, especially Clarke. This show lacks of humanity, it should combine daily life scenes with action scenes. Life should not just be about surviving... but writers don't apply this statement to the series.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Judith you're sort of along the same thought wave I was trying to have...I of course blame the writer's entirely for Clarke being fairly one-sided alot of the time. Like I said, we've seen a tiny glimpse of a goofy girl that's underneath, and despite the setting and events in the show, it would have been good to see it one or two more times to show that she's capable of being silly or vulnerable.

Old 10-10-2015, 04:58 PM
Total Fan

It's the writers, the directors, Eliza Taylor. . . "Clarke" is the product of a lot of different people. Sometimes I think people tend to forget that she's not actually a real person. It's not like the real Clarke's bubbly personality is trapped by some story people are forcing her into. Lol.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the interesting discussion.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's true, Fuzzy I guess we've just seen so much of Clarke's face that we start dissecting her after awhile.

Plus we're on a 14 year long hiatus still.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:56 AM
Master Fan

When is this show coming back I read midseason 2016
Old 10-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

Jason said January 13th on his twitter, didn't he?

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 10-11-2015, 02:35 PM
Loyal Fan

As far as I know there's not oficial date set for S3 premiere yet.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:12 PM
Master Fan

Then there's a fake tweet circulating on Facebook. Cause it's Jason's tweet saying that the show would be back January 13th.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 10-11-2015, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
Then there's a fake tweet circulating on Facebook. Cause it's Jason's tweet saying that the show would be back January 13th.
Thanks for the reminder.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:51 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Janice~ (View Post)
When is this show coming back I read midseason 2016
No announced date so far, just somewhere in mid season.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread