Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2015, 09:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarc (View Post)
I still don´t know why this is something to cheer about.
Two teenage girls romatically/sexually involved is pretty tame imo too, especially when the main girl's love life is entangled around male characters for the most part. Even teen soaps like the OC had their female lead going that route. And Twisted was heading there with one of their leads too.

Now give me a bi protagonist who is into women to begin with and is attracted to a lot of different women and not just the most vanilla, conventional types. Maybe then I'll cheer.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so OVER zombies in general, Fuzzy. Like enough, already. And people being cute and quirky about the impending zombie apocalypse. Blah.

And yeah Skylarc, everyone is convinced Lexa is a goner hence the reincarnation talk...but who knows? Maybe she vanishes like so many TV show characters, leaving it open for her to return another time. It's hard to say considering we have no idea what twist we're getting in the finale.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:36 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm sure Lexa won't die...don't know what they'll do with her but she'll live

As for that I agree with you I'm a bit tired of Clarke this season and I need/want more Bellamy and more focus on other characters...since they spilt Bellamy and Clarke's storylines and time on screen everything has been about Clarke and Lexa..I like Lexa but she has WAY too much screentime..I mean they could give that to Clakre interacting more with Lincoln, Raven, Octavia, etc...I just want this storyline with the grounders to be move to the side a bit becaus eif they carry on like this everything will be focused on Lexa, maybe a it of Indra, but nothing else...and she is not a main character so thank you very much but I prefer to see the rest of them having a better storyline more screetime and more fascinating things to do.

Skylarc I get you!! lol I've been saying this before of why I couldn't relate with all the fuzz about the Clexa kiss because in my country it's totally normal to have that represantation on tv and people never make such a big deal out of it...it's just okay and we move on

Maybe we could be the start of something
Old 03-03-2015, 09:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniElky (View Post)
I feel like Bellamy's arc is far from over still, so killing him off would only serve a purpose as foil for Clarke's development or something and that would be pretty garbage. I would be unbelievably pissed

Why is there a Walking Dead spinoff? Is it just other people wandering around for 5 years fighting zombies too? Sorry, I hate the Walking Dead
The spinoff is supposed to be a prequel that will show the world before it was overrun, an origin story from when the outbreak? was first starting. They say it will have more humanity and be based on a family. Recently it was leaked that one or more of the spinoff cast should be introduced in a 6 episode arc this fall on TWD. IF her character is one of those she would actually be doing double duty on both TWD shows. IF not...maybe she could still do something on the 100. Also there is speculation that the main TWD character having a clean shaven look now means he will be able to crossover to the spinoff as himself before he woke up in that hospital bed. It sounds more and more likely it will be picked up. I guess.

The talk about Bellamy is funny because when that scene was released last week, my first thought was that Clarke could have potentially put a big target on Bellamy's back. If watching with my this-alliance-can't-last-forever glasses it means now we know who they should capture/torture/kill of the Sky people.

"We couldn't have survived this long without him" "We need him." Oh crap.

I'm trying to decide how worried I should be about Octavia. She keeps dodging death bullets, but I feel like she might get hurt or something.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:50 AM
Total Fan

The thing that is new about Clarke being bisexual is that it's the protagonist of a network show. It's not on cable. It's not the protagonist's best friend or girlfriend or some other secondary character. And it's also notable for not having the bisexual interaction be hypersexualized. It was a moment of connection that was more focused on emotions than sex.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not sure if I'm worried about Octavia, Jason is clearly smitten with Marie/Octavia so I really can't see him getting rid of her. Lincoln? Monty? Jasper? Are those people safe? Abby and Kane? Abby I'm sure is safe, but Kane? What is Kane's purpose right now? Well whatever it is, we'll be surprised I'm sure.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:12 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
The thing that is new about Clarke being bisexual is that it's the protagonist of a network show. It's not on cable. It's not the protagonist's best friend or girlfriend or some other secondary character. And it's also notable for not having the bisexual interaction be hypersexualized. It was a moment of connection that was more focused on emotions than sex.
Marissa wasn't a secondary character, she was the female lead of OC. And that show was a lot more popular than The 100, which meant it had a lot more to lose. Plus that it was a vanilla teen soap not edgy like Jason likes to claim The 100 is. And her bi journey was romantic too.

My point is, this show has a long way to go before it deserves praise.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:15 AM
Total Fan

Marissa wasn't the protagonist of the show. That was obviously Ryan.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Eh she was the female lead.

That would be like Bellamy being bi. Which would be actually more praise worthy imo since MoC rarely get to partake in that role. Two white teenage girls kissing is about as tame as LGBT representation gets.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniElky (View Post)
I'm not sure if I'm worried about Octavia, Jason is clearly smitten with Marie/Octavia so I really can't see him getting rid of her. Lincoln? Monty? Jasper? Are those people safe? Abby and Kane? Abby I'm sure is safe, but Kane? What is Kane's purpose right now? Well whatever it is, we'll be surprised I'm sure.

Since we are talking about actors and other shows...the actor that plays Kane was just on Scandal and Olivia (the main character) asked his character to come back with her, but he said no because he's happy where he is. It could have been the perfect time for him to just move back over to that show. Of course his character could just die in the finale and then his character on Scandal can say he changed his mind. lol

I went back and watched when Jaha met Zoran in the dead zone and the first shot of Zoran is him picking up some type of tech out of the sand and keeping it. There is something going on with them scavenging for technology out there.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
Now give me a bi protagonist who is into women to begin with and is attracted to a lot of different women and not just the most vanilla, conventional types. Maybe then I'll cheer.
Exactly. This is why I hate the trend of "you need to support every LGTB couple/character or you are homophobic." LGTB ships shouldn't be off limits when it comes to criticism.

I loved Marissa/Alex in The OC. It was nice to see Marissa being with someone who actually paid attention to her but the storyline was obviously done for ratings and Marissa just went back to being mopey and follow Ryan around

Quote:
Two white teenage girls kissing is about as tame as LGBT representation gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie_DK (View Post)
Do you guys really think Jason will kill Lexa? After declaring Clarke as bi and then he goes off to kill the bi protagonists first potential love interest? He's going to piss-off half of his fandom that cheered on Clarke's bisexuality. Makes no sense to me but I agree, Debnam Carey is signed up for FTWD.
People are going to be mad anyway. Especially the fanbase that thinks bisexual = gay. Also If Jason says he doesn't care about Bellarke fans quitting the show he shouldn't care about Clexa fans quitting either. The last episode was the second lowest rated episode of the season.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Eh she was the female lead.

That would be like Bellamy being bi. Which would be actually more praise worthy imo since MoC rarely get to partake in that role. Two white teenage girls kissing is about as tame as LGBT representation gets.
Well, I disagree with you and I don't understand why everybody on this forum is so intent on diminishing this. It's not a good look.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
The last episode was the second lowest rated episode of the season.
Actually i am curious if the ratings drop this week because of that kiss because Bellarke has a LOT of supporters. Maybe they will not i don´t know. Remembering the revolution episode where the most popular male character kissed the most hated female on the show even if it wasn´t in a romantic way. The ratings dropped 0.2 points to an all time low after that. (could have been just a coincidence i am not sure)

Last edited by Skylarc; 03-03-2015 at 10:53 AM
Old 03-03-2015, 10:53 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
People are going to be mad anyway. Especially the fanbase that thinks bisexual = gay. Also If Jason says he doesn't care about Bellarke fans quitting the show he shouldn't care about Clexa fans quitting either. The last episode was the second lowest rated episode of the season.
Jason and the writers have said about a trillion times that they don't make decisions for the story based on what the different groups of fans want. They obviously don't want people to dislike the show and stop watching, but they're obviously smart enough to realize that you can't actually write a tv show by listening to what shipping fandoms are saying because that would be total nonsense.

It wasn't actually the second lowest rated. But I think it will be more interesting to see how it does next week. There probably won't be much of a change in either direction. I seriously doubt any single ship has enough fans to make an appreciable dent in a viewership of 1.4 million people. Like I doubt there are even ten thousand hardcore shippers out there.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
Jason and the writers have said about a trillion times that they don't make decisions for the story based on what the different groups of fans want. They obviously don't want people to dislike the show and stop watching, but they're obviously smart enough to realize that you can't actually write a tv show by listening to what shipping fandoms are saying because that would be total nonsense.

It wasn't actually the second lowest rated. But I think it will be more interesting to see how it does next week.
Many people say many things, yet they do the opposite.
Even after so many days, i cant help but think the whole Clarke/Lexa thing was to get a pat on the back.

It certainly feels like they listened to shippers instead of everything else.
The show overall sometimes feels like they dont have a real direction where they want to go.

The episode did deserve a good rating imo because the overall episode was quite good.
The Part with Bellamy and the city of light was good...everything else was poorly written...but that doesnt make it bad to me.

The fact that they focused on the kiss before and after the episode, doesnt speak for them.
Plenty of other shows of all genre have done the two white girls kissing thing for several reasons and with better build up...yet those show didnt looked for praise.

We need to see how this develops from here on out, but i just cant get the sour taste of my mouth that all this was just for publicity.

I also have a boring and lame Tumblr account
Closed Thread   Post New Thread