Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2018, 05:47 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
Years ago he said something like "you'll get what you want eventually," and everybody interpreted that as him confirming Bellarke would happen eventually. So then he had to come out and say that's not what he meant.

I think these little crumbs of "bait" that people think he's giving aren't really bait. He tried after S1 to say "No Bellarke" and people lost their minds. So now he just says, "No Bellarke now, but you never know what we'll do in the future" because that will help him get fewer death threats and stuff on twitter. It's just a more polite way for him to tell everyone that he doesn't want to do a romantic Bellarke storyline.
So, I really don't want to dive into this but I vehemently disagree that JR hasn't said things on purpose that supported romantic BC or that it hasn't been contexualized on the show. That quote he said was "misunderstood" after the fact was in this interview and it is PLAIN as day. No one misinterpreted:

https://m.eonline.com/amp/news/63459...about-season-3

I could pull up JR bait all day because I am bitter but I won't. Just know the bait and the flip flop is REAL

In terms of the show baiting... just this season they were called "the hostage taker and his girlfriend", had Bellamy's feelings for Clarke compared to Echo (traitor who you love), and compared Clarke's for Bellamy to Lexa's for Clarke (Madi/Echo/Clarke scene). Let's not even talk about all the weirdo side eyes Clarke kept giving Becho.

So, no, I don't think the show was misunderstood or Jason.

Besides that, this season was wholly uneven and too plot driven. I really need S6 to get back to the characters and less trying to be SHOCKING.
Evablu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evablu (View Post)
So, I really don't want to dive into this but I vehemently disagree that JR hasn't said things on purpose that supported romantic BC or that it hasn't been contexualized on the show. That quote he said was "misunderstood" after the fact was in this interview and it is PLAIN as day. No one misinterpreted:

https://m.eonline.com/amp/news/63459...about-season-3

I could pull up JR bait all day because I am bitter but I won't. Just know the bait and the flip flop is REAL

In terms of the show baiting... just this season they were called "the hostage taker and his girlfriend", had Bellamy's feelings for Clarke compared to Echo (traitor who you love), and compared Clarke's for Bellamy to Lexa's for Clarke (Madi/Echo/Clarke scene). Let's not even talk about all the weirdo side eyes Clarke kept giving Becho.

So, no, I don't think the show was misunderstood or Jason.

Besides that, this season was wholly uneven and too plot driven. I really need S6 to get back to the characters and less trying to be SHOCKING.
I'm sorry but I cannot agree with this. I have been in this fandom since the very beginning and Jason has always said that he didn't intend for Bellarke to be romantic. Then he got A TON OF HATE for that and has had to soften his stance and take on this "you never know" attitude to calm people down.

There are simple, completely platonic explanations for all of the things that shippers are so convinced are romantic hints. But honestly I have tried explaining it to people so many times this season that I'm not gonna bother with it right now. People have decided what they want to believe despite literally four years of Jason explaining what his intentions are. (For example, he said loud and clear before this season started that there would not be a love triangle in S5, yet everyone insisted on interpreting Clarke's "I'm feeling left out of the spacekru family" sad faces as sexual jealousy.) My advice is that you listen to him when he tells you what he's trying to do with the show. That way you won't be horribly disappointed when he does the things he said he would do.
Fuzzy Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:27 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Spoilers
Candice Patton

As someone who takes Bellarke either way and has never been a bashed them as a potential ship or shipped so hard saying they have to be canon. Jason has been baiting Bellarke throughout the years. However, bait doesn't equal canon and he has made it clear it's not his intention to make Bellarke romantic. Unfortunate to fans who ship it and not a change for those who have always seen them as platonic.

Everyone's made their point so I suggest we move on from this discussion because it has a history of not ending well on this thread.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

I never shipped Bellarke and view them as friends but there have been a lot of interactions between them that can be interpreted as romantic. Just because I don't view it that way, doesn't mean other people shouldn't or should be told they are interpreting it wrong. One of my biggest OTP's is Logan/Veronica from Veronica Mars, Kristen Bell was always vocal about disliking them but that didn't stop fans from shipping them or being the main couple on the show. Actors have every right to not like a ship, we as fans have every right to still ship them regardless of their opinion though.

Having said that, I hope next season is more character driven too, season 5 was not great for character development. The characters also need to talk more to each other.

Sorry if this has already been discussed: do you think they are going to find Monty's corpse on the ship? I think that Monty probably floated Harper and wondered if he could float himself.

Don't scare me like that, colonizer!
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 04:51 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Spoilers
Candice Patton

I had no idea about that VM thing and now because of you I looked up unknown facts about the show and found this..

Quote:
12. By the way, that LoVe was real. At least according to Dohring.

“A lot of that emotion was very real for me. I think I was in love with [Kristen] for the three years we made that show,” Dohring said. “Like, I truly felt like I would die without her, and I think that’s what underlined everything people loved about them as a couple.”
x

Not sure if it's been discussed but IMO I don't think they'll touch on where his body or Harper's body is for more than a second if anything.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
sounds interesting. Maybe I should catch up on this show
Yes! And it's the best time to binge it all and catch up with all the seasons since we probably have 10/11 months of hell hiatus to go, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evablu (View Post)

This, amongst other things, is the main reason why I haven't read Jason interviews since season 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
I never shipped Bellarke and view them as friends but there have been a lot of interactions between them that can be interpreted as romantic. Just because I don't view it that way, doesn't mean other people shouldn't or should be told they are interpreting it wrong. One of my biggest OTP's is Logan/Veronica from Veronica Mars, Kristen Bell was always vocal about disliking them but that didn't stop fans from shipping them or being the main couple on the show. Actors have every right to not like a ship, we as fans have every right to still ship them regardless of their opinion though.

Having said that, I hope next season is more character driven too, season 5 was not great for character development. The characters also need to talk more to each other.

Sorry if this has already been discussed: do you think they are going to find Monty's corpse on the ship? I think that Monty probably floated Harper and wondered if he could float himself.
Couldn't have said it better. And I had no clue that Kristen didn't like LoVe. I adored them as well.

I feel like they won't find his body since he probably floated himself after that last message or when he realised that he was dying.
it is to even exist.
hostage taker & his girlfriend
Sarah | tumblr | icon thread | credit
destroyer of worlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:57 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:

Jason's not telling people not to ship Bellarke. He's trying to give them ways to enjoy Bellamy and Clarke's relationship regardless of whether or not it ever becomes a canon romance. (Which is quite a bit different from an actor not enjoying a ship that is obviously already canon.) It's totally fine to ship things that aren't canon or endgame or whatever. I've done it myself in the past. I just think it might be easier for the fandom to be accepting of Jason's point of view and believe him when he tells them what he's trying to do. That way they won't build up all these lofty expectations about sunset kisses and whatnot and then get furiously mad and rage quit the show and try to dox Jason when they don't get what they want. Just a thought.

I'd be willing to bet they never address Monty's corpse. Based on Jason's interviews, I expect 6x01 to spend some time on figuring out which people to bring up out of cryosleep. Not all 400 people are going to wake up at the same time. They'll probably get spacekru, Abby, and Jackson. It will be interesting to see what Clarke wants to do about Madi. Depending on what happens with HIC's new show, there will be some kind of discussion over keeping him frozen until they can get the medical supplies to save him. By episode 2, I'm sure all of that will be resolved and they'll already have a landing party on the new planet. This show moves crazy fast. Unfortunately(?) it's always been more plot driven than character driven.

Last edited by Fuzzy Dunlop; 08-10-2018 at 11:03 AM
Old 08-10-2018, 11:41 AM
Moderator Support Team

You're talking about a fraction of the fandom, that's not how every fan behaves. I'm a Braven shipper and I know they won't happen but it doesn't keep me from coming up with unrealistic scenarios where they end up together but without acting like an ass about it. I'm sure it's the same for a lot of BC shippers. I don't know anybody on who acts this way on twitter, so I don't even know why this behaviour needs to be brought up.

They didn't forget about Jasper's letter, so I'll hope they wouldn't forget that the corpses might still be on the ship either.

Old 08-10-2018, 01:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you @karmapolice! Im sorry, its been a while and i forgot your make. Was it Paula?

So we have new filming Dates! they Start in August 27th, which is 1,5 weeks earlier than said!
Old 08-10-2018, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribere (View Post)
Thank you @karmapolice! Im sorry, its been a while and i forgot your make. Was it Paula?

So we have new filming Dates! they Start in August 27th, which is 1,5 weeks earlier than said!
Nice! Thanks for the filming dates! Glad it's a little earlier since every little bit helps when we have to wait forever for season 6, lol.
Wilpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 01:44 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
You're talking about a fraction of the fandom, that's not how every fan behaves. I'm a Braven shipper and I know they won't happen but it doesn't keep me from coming up with unrealistic scenarios where they end up together but without acting like an ass about it. I'm sure it's the same for a lot of BC shippers. I don't know anybody on who acts this way on twitter, so I don't even know why this behaviour needs to be brought up.

They didn't forget about Jasper's letter, so I'll hope they wouldn't forget that the corpses might still be on the ship either.
Are we not allowed to talk about issues within the fandom?
Old 08-10-2018, 01:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

What's the point of bringing up what bad fans do on another platform when somebody discusses Bellarke here?

Hey Yvonne! Close enough, it's Paulina

Old 08-10-2018, 05:22 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
What's the point of bringing up what bad fans do on another platform when somebody discusses Bellarke here?

Hey Yvonne! Close enough, it's Paulina
Because the fandom is bigger than just this one thread? Multiple people here said Jason is baiting the Bellarke fandom and I'm explaining why I don't think he's doing that. He's not responsible for the fandom's high expectations nor their anger. And I'm saying that, given what he's said in his S6 preview interviews, it might help people not feel so cheated if they actually try to understand the showrunner's point of view.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

I'm well aware the fandom is bigger than one thread, still don't understand the point of bringing up fans doxxing Jason in this thread. Bad shippers can be found in any group and them crossing the line has more to do with who they are than what Jason is doing or saying in regards to Bellarke. You also don't need to treat BC shippers like children, they are capable of thinking for themselves.

Any way. The filming starting day is not that different from last year. Maybe they'll decide to put the premier in Jan or Feb who knows.

Old 08-11-2018, 02:22 AM
Extreme Fan

I still need to catch up some episodes but JR does tease and hint BC. Having the enemy assume Clarke is Bellamy's girlfriend, Madi playing mediator saying Clarke cares for Bellamy for than he knows and even his missing farewell to his girlfriend filled with moments ending with him and Clarke. Who knows if it will happen but let the shippers ship.