Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2005, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree. I like Goon more than VM though.

I haven't read any books in awhile. I think I'll have to plow through some of the GN's I bought recently.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78
I agree. I like Goon more than VM though.

I haven't read any books in awhile. I think I'll have to plow through some of the GN's I bought recently.
:

You should like VM and The Goon equally well. Everyone should like The Goon and VM. It should be the law.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

The last book i read was Mouryou Kiden, Legend of the Nymph Volume 2 (manga) by Toykopop. This volume helps to understand the first volume soooo much better. Since the first volume is alittle confusing at first.

Here is an excerpt from Toykopop about it.

Two families, both alike in dignity...and in their hunger for revenge!

When Akaya of the nymphs and Kai of the ogres met, it was love at first sight. Little did these star-crossed lovers know that by their blood, they are born enemies!

They say true love can overcome any obstacle... but can it overcome the wrath of ancient gods and death itself?

This is a good trilogy if you like fantasy.

...Hold me, Whatever lies beyond this morning, Is a little later on, Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all, Nothing's like before...Utada Hikaru
BatmansGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not into fantasy, but the books sounds interesting. Thanks for the review!
Old 04-25-2005, 05:53 AM
Elite Fan

The last book I read was a GN called Kade. It is the story of a man who was found abandoned in the snow as a child, and as a result he can't feel anything...he routinely cuts, bites, scrapes himself and never notices until he sees the blood. When a group of demons attacks his town and kills everyone, he finds out that he is the 'chosen one' prophecied to free the land from the rule of Apollyon, the demon king. How he fulfills his destiny is the focus of the book.

The art was probably my favorite part of the book, because I've read the story before...and the fact that the hero feels nothing is probably the only 'twist' in the book. The art is very reminiscent of Humberto Ramos, and aside from a few coloring mistakes, the art is the highlight of the book.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm, last night I read

Young Avengers #3 - I'm starting to really love this series. It's getting pretty exciting. There's the mystery of the connection between the younger counterparts and the original. And it's not as obvious as it would seem.

X-23#4 - This is another book I was really skeptical of. It's not as good as YA, but I like it. It's great at revealing X-23's origin, but her sense of mystery is still intact.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

I've liked X-23 so far. I'll admit that I only picked it up to see what all the fuss is about with her, but it ended up being a pretty decent read.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Fruits Basket #1 - It's really funny and just what I needed right now.

House of M Sketchbook - It's just a book of sketches, and it was free. But cool nonetheless, plus, there's a listing of all the HOM books.

Anxiety, Sleep Problems, and Depression #1 - An indie book I picked up. I identified with b/c of the title. It's about a rabbit and his really bad 4th date. Not great, but I'm interested enought to read others.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Elite Fan

I just read Zatanna #1 and Klarion the Witch Boy #1. They are both part of Grant Morrison's Seven Soldiers event, and I must say that I liked them both much better than Seven Solders #0. I'll be sticking around for at least these two mini-series.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:25 PM
Master Fan

Fushigi Yugi #14. Its so much better then the amine ova of it and you get to see more of the god Suzaku who is not bad looking.

Visit my Book Blog "Little Corner of the World" HERE
Jedisakora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Klarion the Witch Boy #1 - Kind of interesting. But mostly I'm reading it b/c of Seven Soldiers.

Hot Gimmick #2-8 - I this manga series. It's pretty unpredicatable for a romance manga. I'm really enjoying it. So much I started a thread for it.

The Goon #11 - This issue had me laughing so much. It was so funny. Frankie is one of my favorite characters period.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Elite Fan

I just finished reading Red Sonja #0. There wasn't much to the story as it is the set up to the new ongoing series, but the art looked great. There was enough story that I am interested enough to buy the next issue.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Goon #12 - Great as usual. I love Powell's use of language. It's very clever.

I read Red Sonja #0 too. I was just expecting it to be eye candy, but I was surprised at how much I like the character. It's good enough that I'll read future issues.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gravitation #1 - manga - a gay romantic comedy. It was cute. It reminded of how many different genres exist in manga, and hopefully North America will follow suit.

Vision & Scarlet Witch 1-10, it's an old miniseries from the 80's. It's cute and it follows the conception, pregnancy, and birth of Wanda's "children".

Y: The Last Man #35 - I love how this series really rewards longtime readers. No character is superfluous and they can often show up again, and it's what keeps the book exciting and fresh.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Elite Fan

I just read Manhattan Guardian #2. The story isn't my cup of tea, and the art isn't good enough for me to overlook the story. Plus, the idea of 'subway pirate ships' is kind of weird to me...although it is far from the weirdest thing Morrison has done.