Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2014, 05:30 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Which Superman film is your favorite? The first 1 with Christopher Reeve in it?
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep! I didn't like any of the sequels(except Superman II: The Donner Cut), and I'm not too fond of Superman Returns or Man Of Steel.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Superman, Superman II, Batman, The Dark Knight, Man of Steel, Iron Man, The Avengers, Captain America Winter Soldier, Ant Man...so far
Old 09-17-2015, 02:30 PM

That's a lot. I liked ''Ant-Man''. It was a fun film to see in theaters. I need to still see ''Winter Soldier''.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:37 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I love comic book films so I would say

The Avengers (THE BEST. Love AOU too but nothing beats the first one, especially when it was history)
Captain America The Winter Soldier
Iron Man 1
SR's Spiderman 2
X Men 2
X Men Days of Future Past
Guardians of the Galaxy
Sin City
Ant Man (Such a fun and funny film)
Batman Returns
The Dark Knight
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually also enjoyed The Green Hornet (2011), I just found it to be entertaining
Old 09-18-2015, 03:56 PM

I haven't seen that yet. My favorites are ''Darkman'', ''Spider-Man 2'', ''Watchmen'', ''V For Vendetta'', ''The Punisher'' ''Ant-Man'' & both Sin City films. ''Guardians of the Galaxy was pretty good also.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Again, my favorites are Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Superman, Iron Man, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Sin City, X-Men: Days of Future Past, and The Avengers. Do not even mention that abomination Ant-Man, however.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:37 PM

Well I haven't read any ''Ant-Man''comics yet, so didn't have any feelings towards the Ant-Man character going into the film, so enjoyed it more I think.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Well I haven't read any ''Ant-Man''comics yet, so didn't have any feelings towards the Ant-Man character going into the film, so enjoyed it more I think.
Again, there are no "Ant-Man" comics, which is the point that I'm getting at. Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne were introduced in 'Tales To Astonish' back in the 1960's at the same time that Spider-Man, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Fantastic Four, and X-Men were introduced. But Hank and Janet never got their own comic book title. Shortly after the first Avengers comic came out, which united Ant-Man, Wasp, Iron Man, Thor, and The Hulk, Marvel upgraded Hank's powers and had him become Giant-Man, and for a brief time he was both Ant-Man and Giant-Man, but eventually left the Ant-Man identity behind and became Giant-Man full time. After Tales To Astonish ended its run, Hank and Janet were featured exclusively in The Avengers comics. Pretty much their entire storyline from then on was told in the pages of the Avengers, and they were part of the main team that defined the title for two decades.

The Hulk left the team shortly after Captain America joined(Hulk was later replaced by She-Hulk, who became a permanent member of the Avengers from the 1980's to the present-day), so the core team from the 1960's to the 1980's was Captain America, Iron Man, Giant-Man(later Yellowjacket), Wasp, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision, and Thor. Other members like Black Panther, Black Widow, Beast, Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel, Hercules, Tigra, etc. were on-again, off-again, but Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne were central figures in the Avengers for pretty much their entire defining era. Marvel Studios decision to remove Hank and Janet from the Avengers entirely, thus altering the entire makeup and essence of the team is not only unforgivable, it's stupid and unnecessary. And to do if for no narrative reason other than to accommodate Edgar Wright - a guy whose film was incompatible with the Avengers storyline and wasn't even supposed to be part of the MCU, and who only ended up quitting after Marvel tried to shoehorn his script into the MCU - is beyond stupid.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:22 PM

There are comics called ''Astonishing Ant-Man'', but do think there shouldn't have been Ant-Man film made at all?
Old 06-04-2016, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Batman Begins, The Dark Knight series by Christopher Nolan have been my favorite Batman remake and general comic remakes.

Old 06-08-2016, 02:13 PM

That was good. Hopefully whenever it gets remade again will be just as good.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Update my list favs
1. Wonder Woman - just so well done, the story, action,acting, so heartfelt couldn't be better
2. Logan - just goes to show you if the right minds get together everything just goes right, my favorite XMEN character
3. Deadpool - I couldn't be more happy and surprised of how I enjoyed this movie is was so refreshing
5. Spider-Man Homecoming - Just so perfect, best Marvel villain since Loki played by Michael Keaton, so funny, I wasn't a fan of Tom before but now I am
Old 08-23-2017, 03:13 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

If I update too I would go with Deadpool, Captain America: Civil War, Wonder Woman (even though it's extremely overrated IMO) Guardians of the Galaxy V2, and Spiderman Homecoming. I would also like to add Avengers Infinity War cause it's going to be epic of course.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread