Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2003, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What are you excited about for 2004?

Here's my list:

Y: The Last Man

Wondering who's going to take over *New X-Men*

Brian Azzarello and Jim Lee taking over Superman. I'll admit I'm really curious to see how it turns out.

Runaways - Josh Middleton is doing two of the covers next year.

Marvel's next move. DC has signed most of the major writing talents to exclusive contracts. It's going to be interesting to see how Marvel copes.

I'm sure I've missed a lot so let it loose!

[ 12-08-2003: Message edited wanderer78 ]
Old 12-08-2003, 07:53 PM
Loyal Fan

The Big shake up with the 3 core X-men books.All the writers are switching books and the status of the characters on all the books is gonna change.The latest is that Chris Claremont and Alan Davis are taking over Unccany and the rumor is that The X-treme team is moving with them.
As long as Chuck Austen is gone Im happy!
Old 12-08-2003, 11:20 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm not a big Marvel fan, but I'm really curious about their plans.

Not a big Superman comic fan either, but love Azzarello. Oh, and Jim Lee's pretty good too. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Looking forward to IDW's horror titles.

Vertigo's books - the return of Midnight Mass!, Garth Ennis's Pride and Joy TP, and Vamps. Also excited about getting deeper into Fables and Y The Last Man. And 100 Bullets. Oh hell, I'm just excited about Vertigo in general. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

David Lapham, writer of Stray Bullets, will be working on an unknown Batman project. Whatever it is, it's gonna be sweet!

I'm dying to know who'll take over on Catwoman's artwork once Gulacy/Palmiotti are done.

Also dying to know the fate of Planetary since Ellis's contract at DC is up and he's not renewing. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Not really excited about this, but I'll be all over it in 2004.

That's all I can think of for now. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-08-2003: Message edited Life ]
Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 12:55 AM
Total Fan

Getting my education in digital media finished, and working on something cool. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Aside from that, I'm looking forward to Ultimate Fantastic Four, and more Marvel hardcovers; always a good package. Definitely awaiting the next HC for Brian Michael Bendis' incomparable Daredevil run.
Old 01-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Headhunter:
<STRONG>Getting my education in digital media finished, and working on something cool. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
Congratulations. [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

I also forgot, Secret Wars. I love Gabriele Dell'Otto's stuff from the X-Men encyclopedia, covers, etc. It looks really exciting.

And the Chris Claremont/John Byrne run on JLA. Lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice, but it'll be cool to see what they will do together after all these years.
Old 01-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Congratulations. [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]
Thanks! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

What else comic-wise, building upon my earlier post on Ultimate Fantastic Four (which I like so far!)
  • 100 Bullets: Always a great ride; at least another trade, ideally two, should be out in 2004.
  • Daredevil: Still haven't cracked open the hardcover (#2 with Bendis/Maleev, not the first run with Quesada etc), but I've read enough on Marvel's site and flipping at the store to be tremendously excited about the 3rd HC. Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev are putting out the mainstream equivalent of 100 Bullets, which I love (see above).
  • Marvel's Ultimate Line: Aside from the travesty that is Ultimate Adventures, all of the titles have been really good. Accessible and respective of the originals, but more than a modern twist, the entire line has been done right with great creators and directions.

I'm still waiting for DC to embrace this concept, and clean up/redo a lot of the outdated history with Batman and Superman. There are a few driving forces behind the tremendous success Marvel is having with feature films now; the Ultimate line is chief among them from the comic side.
  • Movies: Hellboy, Punisher, Spider-Man 2 and others should improve upon the relatively weak crop Daredevil, LXG from 2003. The news coming out of Batman: Intimidation is also tremendously exciting.

I'm sure more exciting projects will emerge as 2004 rumbles on. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2004, 11:29 PM
Extreme Fan

I wish I waited and bought Bendis's DD in hardcovers. Mine are all SC trades. I wonder if I can trade them in for credit... hmm.

Ultimate FF is sitting in my box waiting to be picked up. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2004, 12:45 PM
Elite Fan

Hmmm....comicwise, I would say that I'm excited about Secret Wars, whatever new projects Steven Niles and Ben Templesmith come up with, finding out what sort of demented adventures The Goon has...and that's all I can think of at this moment.

Moviewise, I'm definitely looking forward to Hellboy, The Punisher, Spiderman 2, and of course Prisoner of Azkaban(even if it isn't a comic movie). I'm also interested to see how the Man Thing movie turns out, as well as if the Aliens vs Predator movie is decent (or if it will even come out in 2004 which I doubt).

I'm off now. Talking about these movies has made me want to go check my moviestocks at hsx.com
Old 01-09-2004, 11:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

Claremont on Uncanny... rumored Whedon on New X-Men...

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Cruel Irony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 12:49 PM
Total Fan

Forgot; rumour has it, there may be one more Ultimate title debuting (like the singular debut in 2003 of Ultimate Fantastic Four).

Don't know who it would be, but it would likely end up as Daredevil and Bendis pulling extra duty yet again. I wouldn't mind. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2004, 11:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Excited about Joss Whedon and John Cassaday (Planetary) on New X-men. Big yay!

Not sure if it's slated for '04 or '05 though.
Old 02-06-2004, 02:35 PM
Total Fan

Whoa, has that been confirmed? I plan on dropping it after Morrison's run ends at #154, but now...
Old 02-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Headhunter:
<STRONG>Whoa, has that been confirmed? </STRONG>
That guys at my comic shop says it was confirmed but now I don't know...

just saw this at CBR...

Quote:
ASTONISHING STORIES
I hear word that Previews for May will bring a certain surprise. "Astonishing X-Men" #1 by Joss Whedon and John Cassaday. This gives added credence to the belief that the previously reported 12 month gap between the beginning of Reload and Whedon's run was either abandoned, or was a distracting leak (though one picked up by quite a few people).
I haven't seen anything about it on Pulse or Newsarama yet.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:36 PM
Ultimate Fan

It's been confirmed?!

Crossing Buffy with X-Men... like my dream come true.

I'd love to see a Buffy/X-Men crossover.

Or maybe just Buffy/Gambit. Or Willow/Storm. Or something.

And extremely excited because my gut tells me after the X-Shakeup, we'll have Elizabeth Braddock back. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Cruel Irony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 11:59 AM
Total Fan

Based on something I read a long time ago, I think Daredevil HC volume 3 is out this month. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]