Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2004, 12:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Ultimate Spider-Man

in my personal opinion, the best comic being published today. Bendis does a great job getting into the mind of a teenage super hero and gives him a realistic feel. not to mention the great work Bagley does with the art.

anyways, the current Carnage storyline has got me intrigued. anybody else following the book?
joeschmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 08:41 AM
Elite Fan

I respect Bagley and Bendis' work, but I've never been able to get into the book. But there are a few posters who are into it.

The only time I read USM is if there's a character I'm interested in. I read the "Cats and Kings" arc for Ultimate Elektra.

BTW, Welcome to the Comics Board and FF. I look foward to your posts.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

wow... you're the first person i've met who wasn't into Ult. SM. weird. the 'Cats and Kings' arc was really cool... i love how Bendis writes Peter and his awkwardness towards the hot babes.

thanks for the welcome too. i used to post on FF years ago, back before all the new boards were added but i doubt anybody around here would remember my old name. :p just trying to help inject some life into the comic forum here.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

I love it when I pick it up. I don't follow the book every month, but every now and then I pick up the trades at my local library. I just read Irresponsible, the arc with the X-Men. Funny stuff. I just love the way Bendis writes.

Connor: I think I'm losing my mind.
Avery: Dude, your'e starting to freak me out.
Connor: How do you think I feel?
-Angel Spotlight: Connor
angry little lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 10:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by joeschmo
wow... you're the first person i've met who wasn't into Ult. SM. weird. the 'Cats and Kings' arc was really cool... i love how Bendis writes Peter and his awkwardness towards the hot babes.

thanks for the welcome too. i used to post on FF years ago, back before all the new boards were added but i doubt anybody around here would remember my old name. :p just trying to help inject some life into the comic forum here.
My tastes are pretty odd, so I doubt I'm a good example for anything.

I'm an "old" poster from way back too. I joined up again maybe two years ago.

There's usually more discussion on this board. For some reason it's really slow right now.
Old 06-19-2004, 11:28 PM
Loyal Fan

I LOVE The Ultimate Spider-Man! Truthfully, I don't read as many comics as I would like (my brother is more of the avid collector/reader) but this is a book I absolutely, positively adore! Bendis rules--I love his gift for wit and dialogue and Bagley's art is perfect for the book. Peter, MJ, Gwen Stacy and even Aunt May are all wonderfully realized.

Judy
JudyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

aww crap. they killed of Gwen already. Bendis stated that he rather do it early, so as to shock the fans rather than later when the character becomes stale. anyways, the whole Carnage storyline was a let-down, mostly because i'm a huge Gwen fan to begin with. it was a nice touch though that Gwen died seeing Carnage morph into Pete's face. how sick a thought is that. if you haven't already, read the 'Breakfast Club' issue, #65.
Old 10-01-2004, 06:01 AM
Elite Fan

I liked Gwen too. I was hoping that there would be a real twist. C'mon, we all knew her death was coming. So it wasn't that shocking. IMO.

I liked the idea of maybe Mary Jane biting it instead. No one would see that coming.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

i certainly didn't see her death coming. there are faint connections to the real Spidey continuity but for the most part, Ult. Spidey follows its own course. plus the whole MJ/Pete/Gwen love triangle thing was teased forever but it never happened. anyways, if MJ was the one that died i think Marvel would hear it big time from some unhappy Spidey fans.

if you don't like this series, read the new issue #66. i won't spoil everything for you guys, but basically things get weird as Pete wakes up in Wolverine's body and Wolverine in Pete's body. if you ever doubted Bendis' ability to write a hilarious/cool/interesting story, read this and be amazed at his skill.
Old 10-11-2004, 02:30 AM
Elite Fan

I liked it. It was cute. I have to give it up for Bagley's art. He's great. He did a really good job of merging Peter and Logan's personality onto their faces. I'll have to scan some of it.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:51 PM
Elite Fan

I liked the most recent storyarc with the Human Torch having to go to Peter's HS. This is the first x-over in a long time that is believable and makes sense.
Old 12-25-2004, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

I own all the Ultimate Spider-man graphic novels, I love them, Vol. 11 came in the post yesterday (courtesy of Amazon UK), so im in the middle of reading that now ^_^

G x
Old 09-17-2015, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

Kind people are my KINDA people!
lyndell75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:21 PM
Master Fan

Kind people are my KINDA people!
lyndell75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

Awesome cover! Spider-Man: Edge of Time the video game is fun if you haven't gotten to it yet. It has the Spider-Man from 2099 playable in it & of course the one from present. I need to read some Spider-Man books. Haven't read much of Marvel at all lately.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread