Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2007, 12:46 AM
Elite Fan

Top 5 Cartoons and Why (No lists!)

Okay, so I kind of got this idea from the Movies board Some of you might be familiar with this sort of thread. But if you're not, here's how it goes:

Unlike those other threads where you could simply just list your favorite cartoons or cartoons you can remember, you would have to list your top 5 favorite cartoons and give a reason why. You can be descriptive, creative about your reasons...go nuts.

Just no listing. If this thread is good enough, I might consider extending it to 10 shows somewhere down the line. But let's just see how it goes.

(I'm going to post mine's tomorrow...I need some sleep )
Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

Great idea, co-mod! What would I do without you?!

Here's my list:

1. Sailor Moon - Basically I loved th Sailor Scouts' powers and costumes and the storyline between Usagi and Mamoru. Just so romantic.

2. Thundercats - Such an awesome cartoon even though it ran for a short time.

3. Silverhawks - The theme song got me to watch it every time.

4. Muppet Babies - Such a clean, wholesome educational show. Do those even exist anymore?

5. Looney Tunes - Just hilarious. Need I say more?!

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
vc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Elite Fan

Um...well...you could...wait, I think I need to think about that

Anywho, here's my top 5.

1. Witch Hunter Robin- It almost reminds me of the TV show La Femme Nikita. Another reason is that unlike some series, majority of this show doesn't have that "Monster of the Day" episodes (even if the first half does deal with it). They actually go in depth to some characters and reveal that each of the main characters have a different objective.

2. Crayon Shinchan- Aside from Sailor Moon, this is the second anime series that I have started watching back when it showed on ch. 9 for a couple of years before they took it off the air (still airs in Japan after all this time) in it's original form and subtitled. But you can't help but love the 5 year old...who takes on after his father.

3. Robot Chicken- The parodies. The crossovers! Things like Mario meets Grand Theft Auto, the Final Fantasy parody, Beavis & Butthead clashing with Teen Titans, and also Velma moaning that she would live because she's the virgin thus being less likely to be killed! They are just too funny.

4. South Park- For every bad episode, they would always make it up with at least three good episodes. They're like the modern version of Looney Tunes: Controversial. And its content in each episode is something that would get a rise out of many groups

5. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies- Many memorable shorts that you won't see in cartoons today. Especially from the infamous ones that are part of the Censored Eleven.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:21 PM
Master Fan

1. Arthur - Its a great kids show I love Bossy DW and i love how different thigns happen in eah episode.

2. Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law - Its one of the funniest shows i have seen peanut its funny and the i like how the send up othre cartoons.

3. The simpsons - been watching since i was little wiht my brother it holds grea tmemories and wuotes that we throw around all the time

4. Astroboy (the original)- I like that he is so cute and has such nice morals and wants to help people that way so innocent.

5. Elfen Lied - im not into gore or anyting but i loved the storyline about shes doesnt know who she is and how there is the love story and the homless girl makes it much more nice.

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign
Marki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Elite Fan

Ah Arthur, it's been so long since I've seen that show. Although the Library song was really grating to be honest.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

1.Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles- This was my favorite cartoon as a kid and I think the concept really endures. I haven't seen it in years but I know they are still making movies about it.

2. Daria- A cartoon for the older set, I always loved the satire and sarcasm behind the characters. The story lines were funny and I just loved the show.

3.Doug- It was really great when it was on Nickelodeon and got a little worse when it moved to abc/disney but it was still a quality show. My fave character was Skeeter. The names were such a hoot.

4.David the Gnome- Not sure if many people remember this cartoon. But it was about a Gnome and his wife. Really beautiful stories.

5. Rugrats- I used to love this show. It was so cute and original. I think it was on the air too long but the early episodes were really great. Loved Tommy and Angelica.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:13 PM
New Fan

Tom and Jerry - It's a classic and it's timeless, and i think it's amazing the way they can make so many 'episodes' about a mouse and a cat who can't even speak.

Ben 10 - I know it's kinda new and like Danny Phantom and similar to every other show ever but i love his cousin and their conversations

Kim Possible - it's Saturday morning TV at it's best

Rugrats - before they started adding in all the new characters, although i did like kimi or whatever Chuckie's step/half sister was called

The Simpsons - yes all the characters would be like, in their forties but it's just great for quick laughs :')

I've still got your underwear.
Well I've still got your virginity
WOULD YOU SHUT UP!?
bekaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 05:07 PM
Passionate Fan

1Tiny Toons- I like the fact there all little,and its got marvins neice marcia and I love marvian the martian as well!
2Eurekas Castle- Cause I used to love the cartoon when I was kid
3The Animaniacs- I liked the theme song to it and there funny too
4DragonTales- I love the charachters
5Whinnie The Pooh- Because of Tigger,Eyore,&Roo! There my favs!

Last edited by ~*Silly*~; 08-03-2008 at 02:32 PM
~*Silly*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:31 PM
New Fan

1.) Arthur -- Because I liked the stories
2.) Puff the Magic Dragon -- I grew up with it
3.) Clifford -- Because I love dogs.
4.) Kim Possible -- It's action-packed
5.) WordGirl -- I like its narrator

I wish it was summer again...
10bdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

1. South Park - controversial, hilarious, smart.. i could watch it to no end
2. Looney Tunes - big part of my childhood, just plain amazing and funny
3. Drawn Together - i sit through the whole thing with 'WTF?' expression on my face, how does people come up with some stories?
4. The Simpsons - simple, typical, funny
5. Cartoon Cartoons - Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Cow&Chicken etc. - watched them since i was like 10 years old, i grew up with them
Old 11-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

DuckTales: My favorite of the Disney Afternoon cartoons. I own all three dvd volumes that have been released, and it's held up for me in a way that many cartoons didn't. It's a classic, with classic characters, adventures, and even a classic theme song.

Men in Black The Series: I was fanatical about the movie when it was released and I watched the series from the very first episode. It needs a dvd release. The amazing thing about this show is that it had some continuity and often felt like a regular prime time series in that it had a major villain that spanned four seasons, and had a good combination of comedy, drama, and action. The best thing about the series was how well it portrayed Jay and Kay's partnership, though. It was quite like the movie but deeper.

Those two are by far and away my favorites.

Beetlejuice: Another series based from a movie. This one improved upon the movie in every way to me. As much as I like the movie, the Neitherworld adventures and Lydia and Beetlejuice's friendship take it a step above the film.

Darkwing Duck: This one didn't hold up as well as DuckTales for me, but will always remain a favorite because of the memories attached to it. I remember having such a huge crush on Darkwing, and I had a stuffed Darkwing that I carried with me everywhere. I remember getting it at the Disney store and I remember losing it, too. I replaced it a couple of years ago. This one also has a really memorable theme song.

Gargoyles: Love the medieval period, and I love how smart and complex this series was. I loved the use of Macbeth, and Xanatos was an awesome villain. And I was a fan of Goliath/Elisa.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:22 AM
Elite Fan

Hi there, I'm going to merge your post with a similar discussion thread we have regarding this issue. Although we would like to hear your thoughts on why you picked those five series.

Kudos for you to liking Vampire Hunter D.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

1. Shin Chan: It's so hilarious! I miss that it doesn't air on Adult Swim anymore.
2. Robot Chicken: Funny... same excuse that Kris gave!
3. Family Guy: I love Stewie. The whole cast is funny in their own way.
4. Tom&Jerry: Like someone else said, it's a classic! Timeless! It will always be around... who knew that after all these years, Tom will still chse after Jerry... but it's out of love.
5. Rugrats: How can you NOT love those kids? They are so funny even when they try not to be. I love the whole gang.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

1. Tom and Jerry - Absolutely hilarious
2. Looney Tunes - Funny
3. Muppet Babies - Funny
4. Thundercats - Cool characters
5. Sailor Moon (Japanese version) - Cool characters

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
vc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

1. South Park- Cartman is awesome. Its so funny.
2. Family Guy- I could watch this for days. Funny & entertaining.
3. Ed, Edd, & Eddy- The characters & storylines were great. They made me want to buy jawbreakers.
4. Hey Arnold- Awesome characters
5. The Rugrats- A Nick classic, one of the first cartoons I watched growing up.

join&visit||♥ ♥ ♥
CaptainCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread