Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2004, 01:57 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Oy, plans for Sojourn! Thanks for linking, but think I'll avoid in case the nexr writer decides to use those points.
I think those are post Mordrath. So you should be fine. And it doesn't necessarily sound like something a new writer would pick up even if they decided to continue it post Mordath.

BTW he also confirms that Kreeg IS dead or at least supposed to be dead.

Quote:
I'll probably check out Negation War/El Cazador as trades, but not the "new style" of CrossGen comics.
I think Ravenhouse still sounds moderately interesting. Especially because of who is drawing it. With Epting gone I guess they will cancal El Cazador eventually as well.
LolaRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 06:14 AM
Total Fan

Argh, even what you posted was a spoiler for me; I've been reading it through trades.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Headhunter:
<STRONG>Argh, even what you posted was a spoiler for me; I've been reading it through trades.</STRONG>
Oops, sorry, LOL [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2004, 08:57 AM
Total Fan

Naw, it's ok. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ugh, post-Mordath; I really wanted Sojourn to end after the arrow was assembled and Mordath was defeated. Great job mangling another franchise, CrossGen...
Old 04-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Total Fan

It's pretty much over: Bill Rosemann quits CrossGen.

Quote:
Rosemann Quits CrossGen

Newsarama has learned that CrossGen’s Vice President of Publishing, Bill Rosemann quit his job this past Thursday. Little is known beyond that at this point, aside from the fact that it was Rosemann who left the company, and that he was not fired.

Rosemann was promoted to VP of Publishing in the latter part of last year, as the company went through its “reorganization” following widely reported financial difficulties. He had originally joined the company in February of 2003 as the Director of Marketing Communications, shortly after leaving Marvel Comics.

As with his position at Marvel, Rosemann quickly became the public voice and later face of CrossGen, as CrossGen chief Mark Alessi took a lower-profile approach in regards to the press and media. Rosemann was responsible for both coordinating media coverage of the company's output, as well as providing various outlets with preview material, acting as public spokesman, and overseeing publishing. To the end, Rosemann was a stringent defender of the company, its output, and many of its policies.

Rosemann's departure is the second high profile such leave-taking that happened last week, as writer Ian Edginton reported to Newsarama and other outlets that he had quite Sojourn in protest of company policies and management. Edginton particularly cited the company's upcoming book, American Power, which has been drawing mostly negative publicity from fans and the online comics community.

The book, likened to the first issue of Captain America in 1941, featured "real world" heroes going after terrorists, with the cover to the first issue featuring a leather-clad hero punching Osama bin Laden. An interview with the series writer, Chuck Dixon had been arranged with Newsarama through Rosemann, but was pulled at the last minute with no reason given. The title has remained a hotbed of controversy since its cover was revealed.

Developing...
Old 04-05-2004, 03:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Is it bad that I'm deeply, deeply amused? Personally, I was rather amused by Rosemann, so yeah, too bad.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:57 AM
Total Fan

Chris Oarr has also left CrossGen:

Quote:
Following this weekend’s news that CrossGen’s VP of Publishing, Bil Rosemann had quit the company last Thursday. Newsarama has now learned that VP of Marketing and Sales Chris Oarr resigned from CrossGen this morning.

In his position, Oarr coordinated the production and marketing of CrossGen’s trade paperback collections, acting as the primary liaison with the publisher’s trade distributor and retail partners. Most recently, Oarr spoke with Newsarama in regards to returning the trade program to a normal schedule.

Developing…