Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2003, 12:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah such a shame about guice. Heard that they are putting the whole 'connected universe' theme on hold while they are trying to make money with the more approachable and general titles like Sojourn or the new El Cazador.

I'm I the only one who thought that El Cazador, while pretty, sucked? I prefer Sojourn by far.

Also heard that they are starting a big connected mini series called 'The War' in spring, supposedly where the sigil bearers will fight Negation and lots of people will be killed off. Rumour is also that they are planning to end the four remaining orginal series, Mystic, Meridian, Scion and Sigil. They already announced that The First is ending soon. Interestingly right after Solusandra crossed over to them. Heard that she is crossing over to Mystic next.

I really couldn't care less for The First or Sigil (which I both think suck), but I'd really miss Mystic. Meridian strikes me a pretty boring, but it's still something I'd keep around because I'm sure that there should be an audience for that somewhere. Sigil seems like the most likely candidate for a 'natural' ending, like just marrying off the main characters and leaving it at that.
LolaRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 01:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Just wanted to add, I just started on Brian Pullido's Lady Death and so far I'm loving it. I don't really know anything about the original Lady Death mythos, but this one is wonderful. I'm a sucker for medieval storylines, especially with a relgious touch.
Old 10-18-2003, 06:55 PM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] newsarama

Quote:
After three years of planted clues, mounting tension, and escalating skirmishes, the saga of the Sigil Bearers vs. the Negation Empire is hurtling towards its explosive climax. As events build toward THE WAR, the following titles will reach their series finales with the following issues:

CRUX #33 [December]
THE FIRST #37 [November – previously announced]
MERIDIAN #44 [January]
MYSTIC #43 [December]
THE PATH #23 [January]
RUSE #26 [November - #27 was solicited for December]
SCION #44 [January]
SIGIL #43 [December]
SOLUS #8 [November – the series had been solicited through issue #10]

When THE WAR hits in 2004, our greatest warriors will finally collide with an invading evil as alliances shatter, worlds burn, and destinies are fulfilled. While some characters will reach their story’s end, others will move forward in surprising ways. Prepare to cheer, cry, and gasp as the stage is set for the next generation of adventure.

The strong response to EL CAZADOR has led to the launch of KISS KISS BANG BANG. What’s next? Join us as the New CrossGen begins.
Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 06:59 PM
Total Fan

The end of Ruse??? This makes absolutely no sense! That world shouldn't even be involved in The War, argh.

Total screwup by CrossGen. Sojourn continuing is a small comfort, but what a disaster. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Plus George Perez is off the project, killing the good will that would have carried over from JLA/Avengers. What's going on over there?
Old 10-19-2003, 06:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Headhunter:
<STRONG>What's going on over there?</STRONG>
Madness and mayhem.

Remember when they first announced their new beginnings with big plans including CGE and Code 6, and Alessi was a new-found God to comic creators and...

*sigh*
Old 10-19-2003, 11:52 PM
Total Fan

Another Valiant all over again. Sigh. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2003, 05:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Anybody else think that it's rather unwise to put all their money on stuff like El Cazador? I mean the first issue sold out, but I assume that was because of all the Pirate of the Caribbean hype this summer. I read it, but while the art is great I found the title to be rather weak.

Also, why keep titles that should logically end with The War (Negation) or that really don't have too much long term potential like Brath. Now I love Brath, love the setting, the art, the characters, but honestly, how expandable is it? He'll get free, return home, fight the invaders and that will be it. Unless they plan to kill his family I don't really see too much character development potential.

On the other hand, they get rid of titles like Path or Ruse which are only connected peripherically to the Sigilverse and who easily could have been continued independently. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2003, 08:56 AM
Total Fan

I have accepted CrossGen's non-logic as the way they operate. The company is spending millions on custom software, movie agents, and online comics while ignoring the regular print comics that drive their business?

Right.
Old 10-31-2003, 02:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Roseman Interview

Quote:
Just because RUSE ends doesn’t mean that Simon Archard and Emma Bishop are done solving mysteries. Just because MERIDIAN ends doesn’t mean Sephie won’t fly again. As for where and how these characters will return? Well, it wouldn’t be fun to show all of our cards, now would it?

Let's just say that THE WAR is both an ending and a beginning. Titles are ending, but that doesn't necessarily mean that characters are.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Hmmm... interesting.

I wonder what he's talking about. There were a couple of Simon Archand issues, weren't there? I can't remember if that's the correct title... but maybe they'll just continue that series.
Old 11-01-2003, 02:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Nope they were called 'Archard's Agents' and just told little crime Victorian type crime stories, starring characters who appeared peripherically in Ruse. I think there's only two or three issues.

In the interview he also says that the Simon will unconver Emma's 'Ruse' and that will be end/solution to the series.

If that's really what they are planning then it makes sense to end 'Ruse' and possibly start the series with a different title.

Or maybe, since the war will be uniting all characters from all serials (at least judging from the Call to War poster) they'll just collect a couple of popular characters and throw them into one title. LOL kinda like JLA or JSA.
Old 11-01-2003, 02:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Ooops, I forgot, the 'Call to Arms' poster is the first thing to advertise the upcoming War.

You can find it here

From left to right (my interpretation): Ethan (Scion), Sephie (Meridian), Oberon Kaine (Negation), Sam (Sigil), Arwen (Sojourn), Obo-San (the Path), Brath MacGaren (Brath)

Ok again, if Arwen actively fights in the war, how on earth is she supposed to just go back and continue Sojourn like before? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

I mean especially for all the heros from less developed worlds it makes zero sense that they could just go back unaffected.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:14 PM
Total Fan

Argh, CrossGen is really screwing around with my 2 favourite titles in Sojourn/Ruse. This is horrible. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2003, 07:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Headhunter:
<STRONG>Argh, CrossGen is really screwing around with my 2 favourite titles in Sojourn/Ruse. This is horrible. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Sojourn as well? I mean, I know about Ruse, it's ending and it has a lot of writers/artists changes, but I always thought that Sojourn is doing pretty well.

Even though I can't stand Cassidy. I have no idea why she's so popular with so many readers.
Old 11-21-2003, 05:17 PM
jjt
Master Fan

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...route66621.htm

ROUTE 666 #21

Written by Tony Bedard, penciled by Karl Moline.

Better red...or dead? The Cold War gets hellishly hot when the demonic forces of Perdition overrun the communist state of Rodinia! Deep behind enemy lines, can Cassie and Cisco escape the dreaded headquarters of the secret police?

32 pages, $2.95, in stores on Feb. 18.

ROUTE 666 TRAVELER VOL.1: HIGHWAY TO HORROR

Written by Tony Bedard, penciled by Karl Moline.

A new portable and affordable volume. Been hearing about this critically acclaimed series, but didn't know where to start? Now -- for a nice price that won't wallop your wallet -- you can meet Cassie Starkweather, psychic hero...or psycho killer. Collecting Route 666 #1-6.

160 pages, $9.95, in stores on Feb. 18.
jjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread