Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 12:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

Oh, okay. Yeah, sure it's alright

That wedding and baby episode always makes me also think of the episode when Susie has them act out a Prom since her sister was going to hers
Old 02-22-2012, 12:47 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
That wedding and baby episode always makes me also think of the episode when Susie has them act out a Prom since her sister was going to hers
LOLOL i know. ahahha. those were the days. i love it how tommy is always the one who gets the babies outta their play pen/gate. Like a BOSS. it's like Tommy is always the leader. Have you seen the movies?

To confirm me as a friend your gonna have to check your messages.

Ima go to sleep, G'nite. Ttyl.

- Mari -
Old 02-22-2012, 12:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Have you seen the movies?
Yep. I've seen all 3 movies. But I didn't like the 3rd movie. The writing and stuff just seemed so different IMO.

Quote:
To confirm me as a friend your gonna have to check your messages.
Done.

Quote:
Ima go to sleep, G'nite. Ttyl.
Good Night.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
But I didn't like the 3rd movie. The writing and stuff just seemed so different IMO.
which3rd movie? what is it called? The one where they go to Paris? Or the crossover one with the thornberrys?

Have you ever heard of the rugrats theory? i was on tumblr today & i saw that someone posted it. So i decided to read it and i was just like The theory is weird. If you haven't read it just google it.

- Mari -
Old 02-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
which3rd movie? what is it called? The one where they go to Paris? Or the crossover one with the thornberrys?
The Wild Thornberrys crossover movie called Rugrats Go Wild. The Paris movie is my favorite of the movies.

Quote:
Have you ever heard of the rugrats theory? i was on tumblr today & i saw that someone posted it. So i decided to read it and i was just like The theory is weird. If you haven't read it just google it.
Yeah, I think so. It basically says that Angelica made all the babies up, right?
Old 02-22-2012, 08:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
The Wild Thornberrys crossover movie called Rugrats Go Wild.
^ so that one. How come you didn't like it? was it OOC for you?

Quote:
The Paris movie is my favorite of the movies.
That's a good movie. Finally when they met Kimmi. My favorite too.
Quote:
Yeah, I think so. It basically says that Angelica made all the babies up, right?
yeah that's the one. It creeped me out i was just like dang..you know. It's crazy how people make stuff up.

- Mari -
Old 02-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
so that one. How come you didn't like it? was it OOC for you?
Well, it overall just seemed to have a different feel to it. And I didn't really like Lil's sudden turn against eating bugs and trying to force Phil to stop along with her. And I really really didn't care for the Spike talking parts. I liked Bruce Willis's voiceover stuff in the Look Who's Talking movies, but I thought his part in this movie as Spike was just plain stupid.

Quote:
That's a good movie. Finally when they met Kimmi. My favorite too.
The first time I saw that movie (when I had no idea Kimi and Chuckie were gonna become brother and sister) I wanted them to become whatever the baby version of a couple is
Old 02-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
And I didn't really like Lil's sudden turn against eating bugs and trying to force Phil to stop along with her.
Well..wasn't it cause some plant ate the bugs or whatever & Lil saw i was all up for it. her becoming a vegetarian ..& im assuming that the writers forgot about Lil saying she doesn't wanna eat bugs no more cause they ended up still eating bugs after the movie when it went back to Rugrats the show. i really didn't like it either that she forced Phil to stop eating the bugs cause just because they're twins doesn't mean that have to do everything together.

Quote:
And I really really didn't care for the Spike talking parts.
Same here..it was unnecessary to show Spike talking. It pretty much bored me. When i was little this was me when i heard Spike talk all excited but now that i watched it on Netflix im just like

Quote:
I wanted them to become whatever the baby version of a couple is
Really?! hahah. i don't even think i was shipping them by that time. I was rooting for Tommy/Kimmi or Phil/Kimmi. I didn't even know they were gonna become sis/bro either, but it's pretty cool that chuckie gots a sis now since he was the only child.

- Mari -
Old 02-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
just because they're twins doesn't mean that have to do everything together.
That comment just reminded me of in All Grown Up when Phil saw Lil in her first bra and he yelled at her "why didn't you ever tell me you were a girl!" and then they had separate birthday parties

Quote:
Same here..it was unnecessary to show Spike talking. It pretty much bored me. When i was little this was me when i heard Spike talk all excited but now that i watched it on Netflix im just like
I might've liked that if I had seen that as a kid, but I saw the movie for the first time a few months ago, so...

Quote:
Really?! hahah. i don't even think i was shipping them by that time. I was rooting for Tommy/Kimmi or Phil/Kimmi. I didn't even know they were gonna become sis/bro either, but it's pretty cool that chuckie gots a sis now since he was the only child.
For some reason, I've always kinda shipped Tommy/Lil and (other than watching Rugrats in Paris and briefly shipping Chuckie/Kimi) Chuckie/Susie.

Yeah, it was great that he finally got a sibling since he kinda struggled dealing with his best friend getting a baby brother and focusing more on Dil than him.

It would've been kinda nice if Angelica had gotten a sibling (an actual sibling and not that nightmare brother), but I guess it's alright to have one only child on the show
Old 02-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
in All Grown Up when Phil saw Lil in her first bra and he yelled at her "why didn't you ever tell me you were a girl!" and then they had separate birthday parties
I remember that!! I can't believe that Phil was really that dumb, like Dude really?! & they lived with eachother for so long. & he barely notices that she's a girl

Quote:
I might've liked that if I had seen that as a kid, but I saw the movie for the first time a few months ago
You never seen it as a kid? So you never see rugrats/the movie as a kid?
Quote:
I've always kinda shipped Tommy/Lil
Me too. i ship Tommy/Lil,Tommy/Susie/,Tommy/Kimmi,Chuckie/Angelica,Phil/Angelica,Phil/Kimmi.

Quote:
It would've been kinda nice if Angelica had gotten a sibling (an actual sibling and not that nightmare brother), but I guess it's alright to have one only child on the show
I wanted Angelica to have a sibling too, same goes for Susie too. But how i see they were like really close Susie & Angelica.

What annoyed me bout the show was that Drew always listened to Charlotte..Same goes for Howard (the twins dad) always obeyed Betty. & i always thought that Drew was a stay at home dad. Cause imo it always seemed like the only working parent was Charlotte. But i came to find out that he does have a job.

- Mari -
Old 02-22-2012, 10:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I remember that!! I can't believe that Phil was really that dumb, like Dude really?! & they lived with eachother for so long. & he barely notices that she's a girl
Well, I think that since they were twins and she could be a bit of a tomboy, it just didn't occur to him that she was actually a GIRL

Quote:
You never seen it as a kid? So you never see rugrats/the movie as a kid?
Well, I had a bunch of the video tapes with episodes of the TV Show as a kid and saw the first two movies at, I think, ages 11 & 13 in the theater.

But I somehow never heard of Rugrats Go Wild until a few years ago and it took me a while to see it cause it was a crossover with a show I had never heard of before. So I got around to seeing it a few months ago.

Quote:
Chuckie/Angelica
I've thought about that too. I think that if Angelica did end up with one of them it would be Chuckie since Tommy and Dil are her cousins and it kinda would make a little more sense than if she ended up with Phil. Plus she always seemed to torture Chuckie a little more than Phil so that would make it more funny if she ended up with him

Quote:
I wanted Angelica to have a sibling too, same goes for Susie too. But how i see they were like really close Susie & Angelica.
Actually, Susie had a sister and 2 brothers. The sister babysat for Susie, Tommy and the 2 brothers in one episode. Susie and Tommy thought there was a monster in the house and tried to fight it.

Speaking of Susie, I love that her father is a writer for The Dummi Bears and Stu is obsessed with that show

Quote:
What annoyed me bout the show was that Drew always listened to Charlotte..Same goes for Howard (the twins dad) always obeyed Betty. & i always thought that Drew was a stay at home dad. Cause imo it always seemed like the only working parent was Charlotte. But i came to find out that he does have a job.
Well, but both guys are married to really strong women. They almost don't have a choice but to listen to their wives.

I think Drew is an investment banker or something like that. I have no clue what Howard or Chaz do. Betty seems to be the only parent that doesn't have a job but she is always training for or running in a 10K or something
Old 02-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
But I somehow never heard of Rugrats Go Wild until a few years ago and it took me a while to see it cause it was a crossover with a show I had never heard of before. So I got around to seeing it a few months ago.
What?!! where were you all this time how old are you if you don't mind me asking. I'm 18 gonna be 19 soon. I'm just curious cause like how did you not hear about the thornberry show.

Quote:
I think that if Angelica did end up with one of them it would be Chuckie since Tommy and Dil are her cousins and it kinda would make a little more sense than if she ended up with Phil. Plus she always seemed to torture Chuckie a little more than Phil so that would make it more funny if she ended up with him
lol. i didn't even notice about angelica always picking on chuckie. i always saw her more with Phil though.

Quote:
Actually, Susie had a sister and 2 brothers. The sister babysat for Susie, Tommy and the 2 brothers in one episode. Susie and Tommy thought there was a monster in the house and tried to fight it.
OMG, really. i totally forgot about that. They barely even talk about them though. See im forgetting about the important stuff lol. i watch it on netflix once in a while but like it doesn't even have S1,S2,& some other seasons. It's like half way through.
Quote:
I have no clue what Howard or Chaz do. Betty seems to be the only parent that doesn't have a job but she is always training for or running in a 10K or something
i think Chaz & Howard are stay at home dads. They really seem like it. i always thought Betty was a gym trainer.

Quote:
Speaking of Susie, I love that her father is a writer for The Dummi Bears and Stu is obsessed with that show
i love how you know everything about this show Your like a HUGE fan & i remember watching it as a kid, & i don't remember none of that probably cause i was little & i was just watching the show cause of the babies and reptar.

- Mari -
Old 02-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
What?!! where were you all this time
Well, I guess I was about 15 when the 3rd movie came out and was in a "rejecting everything from when I was a kid" mode.

Quote:
how old are you if you don't mind me asking. I'm 18 gonna be 19 soon.
I'm 24 and gonna be 25 later this year.

Quote:
I'm just curious cause like how did you not hear about the thornberry show.
Well, we didn't have cable until I was in high school and when we first got it, I didn't pay much attention to Nickelodeon channels.

Quote:
OMG, really. i totally forgot about that. They barely even talk about them though.
I know. I wish they had been seen more. And that Susie had been seen more. She just seemed to pop up randomly here and there. And she lives closer to Tommy than Chuckie and Angelica.

Quote:
i think Chaz & Howard are stay at home dads. They really seem like it. i always thought Betty gym trainer.
I do remember Chuckie talking about how his dad was always worried about being fired from his job, but they never really seem to tell us what it is (at least not that I can remember). Besides if the guys didn't work, then why did they always have to leave the kids at Tommy's house?

Huh, maybe Betty does have a job then

Quote:
i love how you know everything about this show Your like a HUGE fan & i remember watching it as a kid, & i don't remember none of that probably cause i was little & i was just watching the show cause of the babies and reptar.
Well, I have a weirdly good memory for TV stuff and a weirdly bad memory for everything else
Old 02-22-2012, 10:43 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Well, I guess I was about 15 when the 3rd movie came out and was in a "rejecting everything from when I was a kid" mode.
Ahh,i see. The teenage phase

Quote:
I'm 24 and gonna be 25 later this year.
That's cool. i thought you were gonna be younger than me. like 17 or something. But nonetheless its pretty awesome about that age. To be a grown up.

Quote:
Well, we didn't have cable until I was in high school and when we first got it, I didn't pay much attention to Nickelodeon channels.
Yep. Again with the whole teenage phase. I still watch kid shows with my nephew even when i was in highschool & even after i graduated so yeah. when you were in hs did you thought it was lame or just that it really didn't interest you.

Quote:
She just seemed to pop up randomly here and there.
yeah. i really didn't get that. & she always was the one who had the babie's back everytime Angelica picked on them. i just don't get why the writers never used her character as much. Susie gave good advice to the babies.and always helped them. Well in all grown up she's in it - in most of the episodes.
Quote:
Besides if the guys didn't work, then why did they always have to leave the kids at Tommy's house?
true. and its weird how they always left them there & nobody pretty much babysat them. they always wander around the house. i never got why Dil was so obsessed with aliens. Did they ever explain why?

Quote:
Well, I have a weirdly good memory for TV stuff and a weirdly bad memory for everything else
oh lol. that's how i am too. but not with rugrats it seems, which was long ago when i watched it. for me i only remember like important stuff in the shows like for example the couples that i ship & if they have moments together then i remember it. i dunno only the important stuff.

- Mari -
Old 02-22-2012, 10:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
when you were in hs did you thought it was lame or just that it really didn't interest you.
I didn't really think it was lame, I just was thinking that anything I liked as a kid couldn't possibly interest me when I was older.

Quote:
Well in all grown up she's in it - in most of the episodes.
Yes, that was nice. Especially since she and Angelica are the same age so they had classes together.

Quote:
true. and its weird how they always left them there & nobody pretty much babysat them. they always wander around the house.
Well, Grandpa Lou seemed to do most of the babysitting around there and he always falls asleep every 5 minutes or so

Quote:
i never got why Dil was so obsessed with aliens. Did they ever explain why?
I don't think they ever said why he was obsessed with aliens. But I think they implied at some point that he's so strange because Phil and Lil dropped him when he was a baby.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread