Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2005, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Off Topic Comics Lounge #4: Girls on Film, and much, much more

OK, thought I'd start a new thred. I hope no one minds.

Crow, freaky article you posted. I'll admit I think Scientology is a scary cult, and I'm sad to see Katie fall for it.

Your women:

Emily VanCamp - I think she's really great. I wasn't expecting to like her. But I've been really impressed with her acting on Everwood, and I think she's a very pretty girl.

Rachel Bilson - I like her but think she's really overrated.

Katie Holmes - Um, I did like her, and thought she had a promising career, but we'll see.

Kate Beckinsale - Can't stand her. She's pretty but a really lousy actress. Being British doesn't make you a better actress.

Ashley Scott - She's horrible! She couldn't even hack it on Joey.

Lauren Graham - Not a fan, but I respect her, and think she's beautiful.

Kristen Bell - Love her. She's a really amazing actress, and pretty.

Kristin Kreuk - I think she's beautiful and shows potential as an actress. But it's hard to say b/c she's very young, and I've only seen her in one role.

Poppy Montgomery - I don't know enough about her to say anything. But she is pretty.

Katherine Heigl - I'm a big fan.

Michelle Rodriguez - See Poppy Montgomery

Jennifer Garner - A good actress, but I really don't see what the fuss is about.

Mandy Moore - Not a fan, but I think she's really classy and pretty. And seems like a genuinely cool person. I was sad to see her board close.

Natalie Portman - Love her, want to be her, would marry her if I could. Despite the fact that I'm a girl (and a hetero one to boot!)

Sarah Michelle Gellar - Um, I won't post the barfing smiley. But I wish she'd disappear.

Ali Larter - Don't know enough about her to comment. She's just the whipped cream bikini girl to me.

A.J. Cook - I had to look her up on imdb.com She was one of the Lisbon sisters in "The Virgin Suicides". That would be the only thing I've seen her in.

Eliza Dushku - I like her, and like Cin admire her tank top wearing ability. I'd kill for her body.

Elisha Cuthbert - She's like Jennifer Garner for me. Don't see what the fuss is about looks wise. I've only seen 24 a little bit, so I can't comment on her acting.

Wow. I never thought I'd spend this much time critiquing starlets. Hmm, I should make a "guys" list for me.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:15 AM
Elite Fan

Go right ahead. It's all equal opportunity on this thread.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:34 AM
Moderator Support Team

Alright, I'd make a guys list. I don't really drool over them. Just that each would have a certain quality that I like. Could be looks. Could be talent. Could be brains. Could be all.

Brad Pitt
Johnny Depp
Matt Damon
Ashton Kutcher
Topher Grace
Josh Hartnett
Paul Walker
Orlando Bloom
Chad Michael Murray
Benjamin McKenzie
Colin Farrell
Joshua Jackson
Steve Zahn
Ethan Hawke
Jude Law
Seann William Scott
Ryan Gosling
Ryan Philippe
Leonardo DiCaprio
Old 06-23-2005, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

Brad Pitt - probably my favorite actor. If he's in a movie I'll probably go see it.

Johnny Depp - His movies are always interesting, but I don't immediately pick them up just because he's in them. Great actor though

Matt Damon - much better than his other half, Ben A. Loved him in the Bourne movies and both Kevin Smith movies he's been in.

Ashton Kutcher - He gets on my nerves alot, but he can be quite funny.

Topher Grace - probably the best young actor around. Great in 'In Good Company'.

Josh Hartnett - I like him for no real reason. I can't explain it.

Paul Walker - Liked The Fast and The Furious, but not him. Don't know what it is about him...

Orlando Bloom - how can you not like Legolas? Or William Turner?

Chad Michael Murray - jury is still out on him

Benjamin McKenzie - one of the best parts of The O.C.

Colin Farrell - decent actor. Still not sure if I like him or not.

Joshua Jackson - Of course I like Pacey. He's the reason I was a PJ fan.

Steve Zahn - Funny as hell.

Ethan Hawke - Eh.

Jude Law - Never understood why so many women find him attractive. Decent actor though

Seann William Scott - Super funny. Best actor to come out of the American Pie movies.

Ryan Gosling - I was kind of eh about him until 'The Notebook'. He was great in that.

Ryan Philippe - Loved him in 'The Way of the Gun', but that was the only movie I liked...

Leonardo DiCaprio - Another one women swoon for that I don't get. I can't think of a movie of his that I like either....especially not Titanic...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of my favorite male actors that you didn't mention:

John Cusack
Elias Koteas
Christopher Walken
Jeremy Piven
Breckin Meyer
Taye Diggs
Bruce Willis
Jack Nicholson
Will Farrell
Adam Sandler
Viggo Mortensen
Jason Statham
Eric Bana
Jonny Lee Miller
Michael Madsen
Sean Patrick Thomas
Jesse Bradford
Jason Lee
Mark Dacascos
Old 06-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yay! You like most of mine! I just randomly put some people that came to mind. I forgot Jim Carrey.

Okie, your list:

John Cusack - I am okay with him. Although, he was very likable in selected movies such as America Sweethearts, Runaway Jury and Identity. I wanna see his new one Must Love Dogs. That looks funny.

Elias Koteas - No idea who this is.

Christopher Walken - He is cool. Like an odd uncle at family reunions. I think he is talented but he says yes to all movie scripts that get passed to him. He would make 10 random/bad movies like Gigli and The Rundown before doing a Catch Me If You Can. But hey, he always tries his best no matter what movie he's in.

Jeremy Piven - Who?
Breckin Meyer - Who?
Taye Diggs - Who?

Bruce Willis - Very eh. Sometimes funny. I don't dig his action thing.

Jack Nicholson - He grins too much. A fame whore at heart loving the attention but definitely a great movie star.

Will Farrell - I loved him in Elf but not too much in other stuff. He was funny as Alex in Jeopardy in the SNL skits though.

Adam Sandler - Eh again. His jokes are just not my type of funny. I liked him in 50 First Dates though. But that was more about the story than his acting.

Viggo Mortensen - Hot as Aragorn. as anything else.

Jason Statham - I liked him in Italian Job. Okay but not a fan.

Eric Bana - He is okay but in Troy he was As Hector, he really nailed the job and stood out among the cast.

Jonny Lee Miller - Who?

Michael Madsen - Who?

Sean Patrick Thomas - His baby face is awesome. Over 30 and still looking like a teenager at times! He got a certain kind of likability.

Jesse Bradford - Alright but nothing too special. I only liked him in Bring It On.

Jason Lee - Why is this guy a leading man in some movies?

Mark Dacascos - Who?

-----

Should we make an "Eh" List?
Old 06-23-2005, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm, I've been thinking about my guy list. I don't have the time to critique the cool lists yet, but I will.

Speaking of cute guys, LL Cool J, ate at the restaurant I work at today. He's much cuter in person.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:26 AM
Elite Fan

Elias Koteas - No idea who this is. He isn't a big time star. The only movie I can think of that he 'starred' in was Prophecy. Otherwise, he was Casey Jones in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, and the serial killer at the first of Fallen.

Jeremy Piven - Who? He plays the agent on Entourage, and he is in most of John Cusack's movies. He was his best friend in Serendipity. He also starred in the tv show Cupid.

Breckin Meyer - Who? He's Lindsay Lohan's brother in Herbie: Fully Loaded. He also was in Go, Rat Race, Garfield, Road Trip, Kate and Leopold.

Taye Diggs - Who? Starred in Kevin Hill. He was in Go, How Stella Got Her Groove Back, House on Haunted Hill, The Woods...and he was in the Broadway show "Rent".

Jonny Lee Miller - Who? Probably more famous for being Angelina Jolie's first husband than any of his acting jobs. He was Sick Boy in Trainspotting. He played in Hackers and Mansfield Park, and he's going to be in Mindhunters.

Michael Madsen - Who? He's the guy that cut the cop's ear off in Resevoir Dogs. He's also in both Kill Bill movies. He was the guy that betrayed Bruce Willis in Sin City, and he stars in the ESPN show "Tilt".

Mark Dacascos - Who? I didn't figure you would know him. My favorite movies of his are foreign ones: Crying Freeman and Le Pact des Loups (Brotherhood of the Wolf). He played The Crow in the tv show, and he was one of the brothers in Double Dragon. Currently he plays the Chairman on Iron Chef America.

Also, I can't believe I left Ethan Embry out in my first list.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:06 AM
Moderator Support Team

LL Cool J is cool.

Okie, out of those people that I dunno....the problem is, I either never watched those shows/movies or I did but those people didn't make an impression. However, I liked Rat Race a lot. Which one was Breckin Meyer? He was one of the people in the race, right?
Old 06-24-2005, 07:27 AM
Elite Fan

He was the guy that was planning to run for President so he was trying not to ever do anything bad. He got with the woman helicopter pilot.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

Oh that guy. I remember him.

How about we make our lists of overrated actors?
Old 06-24-2005, 02:57 PM
Elite Fan

I'm all over that. I'll be back later with that list.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

Okie, you make the list first.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterley
How about we make our lists of overrated actors?
I'll be back with a list.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:11 AM
Elite Fan

Men:

Robert Redford
Paul Newman
Leonardo DiCaprio
Jude Law
Ralph Fiennes
Tom Cruise
George Clooney
Robin Williams
Nicholas Cage
Dennis Hopper
Ben Affleck
James Cromwell
Jon Voigt
Al Pacino
Rachel Weisz
Brendan Frasier
Will Smith
John Travolta
Billy Bob Thornton
Alec Baldwin

Women:

Nicole Kidman
Gwyneth Paltrow
Uma Thurman
Julia Roberts
Jodie Foster
Charlize Theron
Alicia Silverstone
Ashley Judd
Catherine Zeta-Jones
Naomi Watts
Reese Witherspoon
Kim Basinger
Old 06-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

Robert Redford - Yeah, but he looked really good 30 years ago.

Paul Newman - Meh.

Leonardo DiCaprio - If he didn't do Titanic, people would actually accept him as an actor on a more gradual basis. He's not a bad actor, just got to where he is now too fast.

Jude Law - He's not bad either but again, but people focus too much on his looks more than his work.

Ralph Fiennes - Totally. He was so miscast in Maid in Manhattan.

Tom Cruise - #1 on the list.

George Clooney - He looked the most like a movie star. Not an actor. Movie star.

Robin Williams - He's funny though.

Nicholas Cage - Yeah. He's getting less and less impressive....

Dennis Hopper - Who?

Ben Affleck - #2 on the list.

James Cromwell - His name sounds familiar.

Jon Voigt - I saw him in person before. Standing right next to me only separated by a fence. Crowds of people rushed to him to shake hands and said how much they admired his work. And sadly, I kept thinking "Oh yeah, he does look familiar. I've seen him in movies before. But which one?" Yeah, sometimes I am sad like that.

Al Pacino -

Rachel Weisz - Rachel Weisz is a man to you??? Well anyway, I like her.

Brendan Frasier - I also like him.

Will Smith - And him too.

John Travolta - Please retire.

Billy Bob Thornton - Well, I liked Bad Santa. But other than that, yeah...

Alec Baldwin - Yeah, don't know what the big deal is either.

Women:

Nicole Kidman - Only after she did a godzillion movies after getting a divorce. For example, Cold Mountain was a crap movie using her to boost credibility. She didn't even do that well in it.

Gwyneth Paltrow - Yeah, the thing about her winning that Oscar.

Uma Thurman - Yup. It's all about Kill Bill.

Julia Roberts - #1 on the women list.

Jodie Foster - Yeah, not enough impressive work.

Charlize Theron - Awww....I like her a lot. But with the Monster hype, although I was glad she won so many awards and praise, people were more like ass kissing her. Like, no one bothered to comment on her acting before. So, are people actually putting her on the top becuz she did really well in this movie or cuz it's great hype for a pretty girl to win an Oscar for playing someone not appealing?

Alicia Silverstone - It's over for her.

Ashley Judd - I got tired of her 2894049 thriller movies.

Catherine Zeta-Jones - She is pretty but sometimes I think her range is a bit narrow cuz people typecasted her.

Naomi Watts - Same as above.

Reese Witherspoon - She is not bad either but sometimes tried too hard and it becomes not too natural. It's sad cuz she is now more like a "Hollywood Hot Mom" than an actress.

Kim Basinger - Sometimes I wonder if people are still gonna cast her as someone sexy and seductive when she is 80.

Some people I would like to add:

Keanu Reeves
Hilary Duff
Sandra Oh
Richard Gere
Jennifer Lopez
Vin Diesel
Olsen Twins
Kelly Osbourne
Harrison Ford
Kevin Spacey
Hayden Christensen