Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2005, 12:28 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Moderator Opening Announcement

Hi everyone,

We currently have an open moderator position on this message board. If you’d like to apply for this position, please go to the Moderator Application Process - How to Apply & Questions Answered thread and follow the instructions to apply to be a moderator on this board. Please note that the deadline to get applications in is July 15. Thanks!
Old 07-02-2005, 08:45 AM
Elite Fan

Here's wishing the best of luck to all who apply.

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
Old 07-02-2005, 09:06 AM
Elite Fan

Good luck to you guys who are applying. If you are considering it, then just do it! vc is amazing to comod with and you'll have a great time
Old 07-02-2005, 03:50 PM
Master Fan

I've sent in my application, I now just have to wait and see

Visit my Book Blog "Little Corner of the World" HERE
Old 07-02-2005, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

Good luck, Jedi . You're here constantly so you have a good chance
Old 07-03-2005, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

Thanks

Visit my Book Blog "Little Corner of the World" HERE
Old 07-04-2005, 08:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedisakora
Thanks
Yeah, you will make a good mod for this board.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Total Fan

The application isn't working for me. I'm just getting a blank screen. I probably wouldn't be the best pick any way. I come to the forum everyday, but I'm not in the cartoon thread very often.

Good luck to all the applicants!! Sounds like it would be a fun job
Old 07-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

Keep trying to get the application, Cadence. FF is being crazy while the tech team tries to straighten out server details
Old 07-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Total Fan

The application is still not working, but I will be sure to keep trying. It might just be my computer. It's old and slow.

I'm having a lot of probs with the FF the past few days. No biggie though....it just keeps saying the server is too busy and to try later.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

Again, best of luck to those who applied!

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
Old 07-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

Good luck Jediskora. I'm considering submitting an application but I haven't come to the Cartoons thread constantly like I used too (I try...at least *smile*). Sometimes I lurk but I haven't posted -__-....and here I like cartoons.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:56 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Hey everybody. I generally file and acknowledge the moderator applications. I was on vacation last week and things have been a bit hectic lately.

If you applied and haven't received a PM confirmation by the deadline tonight, please PM me to ensure that your application has been received and properly filed.

Thanks.

I see some people posting here about having trouble getting the application, so I've posted a copy here. The email account is on the Fan Forum server, so if you're having trouble you can just PM me your application and I'll get it filed.

Quote:
Please send one e-mail for each board you are applying for (so if you are applying for two boards, send two separate emails). Posters may apply for a maximum of three boards at one time.

Please note that an existing moderator can only moderate a maximum of three boards, so you can only apply for a set amount of boards that won't put you over that three board limit. Therefore, if you currently moderate two boards, you could only apply for one additional board that has an opening, even if there are several boards that have an opening at any given time.

You can only apply for a board that actually has an opening for a moderator. You can't apply for a board that doesn't have an opening yet, or for a board that hasn't been started yet.

Please send e-mails to mod_apps@fanforum.com

Please send each email with a subject line of Board Applied For - Currently Displayed Name (so if poster John_Smith applied to mod the music board, his email would have the subject "Music Board - John_Smith"), and include the following information:

1. Your Currently Displayed Name.
2. Your Age.
3. Your Gender (this way, if you get appointed, we can post our welcome thread for you properly, as many posting names are ambiguous, and it's hard to tell if someone is male or female)
4. If you are a current moderator here, please indicate the message board or boards that you moderate. If you were a former moderator here, please indicate the message board or boards that you used to moderate.
5. Your AIM, ICQ, or MSN ID Number so one of us can talk to you one on one about your candidacy (AIM/AOL is preferred). Note: We will only talk to you one on one if we have questions about your application. Everyone is in different time zones, and some candidates may not be available to talk to us, and we may not be available to talk to them, so we don't intend to talk to everyone individually through one of the above chat programs.
6. A link to your profile here at Fan Forum. This will enable us to check your posting frequency on the board that you want to moderate.
7. A brief paragraph describing why you want to be a moderator, and what you can bring to the board that you want to moderate.

Please note the following: If you want to apply to moderate a message board here at Fan Forum, you need to be an active poster on that message board, and you also need to be an active member of Fan Forum for at least six months. Ideally we want moderators to post on their boards every other day, or at least as often as possible, unless you post that you're going to be away. We've had people apply in the past that don't even post on the message board that they want to moderate, or who hardly ever post on the board they want to moderate, and it wouldn't be fair to the posters that are active on their message boards to appoint someone who hardly ever posts there as their new moderator. Therefore, your application will only be considered if you're an active poster on the message board that you want to apply for.

Please note: A correct link to your profile will look like this:
http://www.fanforum.com/member.php?u=18298
If you click on your name as the last poster on a thread, it will say 'last poster' in the link and will go to the last poster at that particular thread. So when another person posts at that thread, it will go to their profile, not yours. Therefore, do not click on your name as the last poster on a thread to get your profile link, because it won't work.

Within 24 hours, you will receive a confirmation PM letting you know that we have received your application.

Thanks, and we'll be looking forward to hearing from you.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

Jedisakora has been appointed as the new moderator for this message board, so I'm closing this thread down now. We'd like to thank everyone that applied.