Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2004, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Marvel Discussion #1 -Battles, Egos and Surprises. The comics are interesting too.

I thought I`d start a general Marvel thread since a few of us are fans.

Marvel`s Official Webpage which is horrible. They need to take a cue from DC (the only time I`ll ever say that!)

So what titles do people read?
Old 01-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Total Fan

Whoo!

Marvel`s site is horrible; the DotComics released in the last year and a half don`t even work for me, regardless of browser.

DC has a problem with updating their list of trade paperbacks, but it`s generally good. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I currently get most of my monthlies from Marvel:
  • New X-Men
  • Ultimates
  • Ultimate Fantastic Four
  • Ultimate Spider-man
  • Ultimate X-Men
  • X-Statix

Also some of the miniseries, such as Truth, Origin, and Ultimate Daredevil + Elektra/Ultimate Six/Ultimate War. Notice a trend? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Also got the huge hardcover (volume 2) of Daredevil; anyone interested in authentic crime noir mixed in with superhero fantasy has got to check this out.
Old 01-13-2004, 01:53 AM
Extreme Fan

I`m a DC fan - most of my favorite titles are DC. I`ve never been big on Marvel but over the past two years I`ve started picking up more Marvel.

I currently buy:

X-Statix
Runaways
NYX
Daredevil (I wait and buy trades)
The Eternals (this got cancelled)
Ultimates

I occasionally buy an issue of Ultimate Spider-man, and occasionally follow an arc in Morrison`s New X-Men (I`ll buy this regularly when Joss Whedon and John Cassaday come onboard, if that`s really happening.)

Oh and I got Ultimate Fantastic Four #1 which should be good. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

An ongoing Ultimate Daredevil would be sweet!
Old 01-14-2004, 07:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

I read all of the X-Titles, though most of them are utter crap right now.

Exiles rules.

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Old 01-16-2004, 10:05 AM
Elite Fan

I read Incredible Hulk, Avengers, 1602, and various mini-series and such. The only DC comics I read with any regularity are the Wildstorm titles...so I guess you could say I still make mine Marvel.

P.S. MARIAROCKS000: I DO have Bilson fever...hehehe.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2004, 10:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Crow:
<STRONG>

P.S. MARIAROCKS000: I DO have Bilson fever...hehehe.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Who doesn`t? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

"I know who you are..."

Old 01-17-2004, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2004, 05:14 PM
Total Fan

I`m digging Rachel Bilson, especially since she got added to the regular cast alongside Melinda Clarke. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2004, 11:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

I seriously have an obsession. She`s my favorite actress. All of a sudden.

We`re extremely close to getting her a board, so then my obsession can become even more unhealthy. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

"I know who you are..."

Old 01-19-2004, 06:50 AM
Total Fan

I did notice that the Male Celebs listing was significantly longer than the Female one these days. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2004, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MARIAROCKS000:
<STRONG>I seriously have an obsession. She`s my favorite actress. All of a sudden.

We`re extremely close to getting her a board, so then my obsession can become even more unhealthy. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
She isn`t my favorite actress, mainly because I can`t pick a favorite. She has joined the (growing) list though.
I`ll be right there with you on the Rachel board...I`m prepared to obsess with the best of them.

You notice how we can never stay completely on topic on any of our threads... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] We`re weird that way.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:37 PM
Total Fan

On topic? Never!

What`s happened with The O.C. lately? No comics references in weeks! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2004, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I read:

Runaways

The X titles

Elektra

Fantastic Four

Avengers

I also have a few Hulk issues to read. I took Crow`s recommendation and bought the last arc. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I also read Namor, but Marvel canceled it. There is only one issue to go.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:30 AM
Total Fan

Ugh, Marvel is now doing manga-sized digests with children-friendly version of popular titles. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] The real problem comics have with reaching kids are price and perception, not so much content...
Old 02-05-2004, 12:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Did I hear correctly that they ARE going to release a trade for Runaways, but it`s one of the digest-sized ones? Ugh.

Does anyone read Aquaman? I read my first issue of it tonight. I have no idea who anyone is including Aquaman, but it was a great read. It`s actually the issue that will be out next week #15 (I read an advance copy).

The premise:

"The new creative team of Will Pfeifer, Patrick Gleason and Christian Alamy takes Aquaman in a bold, unexpected direction. A devastating earthquake hits San Diego, leaving thousands dead. But someone survived the cataclysm...and their survival will require Aquaman to take on a new role that draws upon all his experience as a hero and leader of a nation."

Really good. Kinda had an X-Files vibe to it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread