Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2003, 11:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Justice League

our favorite superheroes are now is a group called the justice league. it consists of superman, batman, wonder women, the flash, green latern, hawk girl, and j'onn j'onzz AKA the martian manhunter.

personally i'm excited and haven't seen a thread of the jl ...so your thoughts ...

happy posting!!
WaveBehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks WaveBear! I remember the Justice League from like way back but I never have time to watch it on Cartoon Network. I hear it's pretty good!

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
vc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 08:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

i love these last couple of eppies!

when superman went rugged. lol!I Like the looke on him, it gives him definition!! lol

GL and hawkgirl make such a cute couple too! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
I can't wait for the next couple of eppies. but i didn't think that thing on her head was a mask , I thought it was her actual head. she's so pretty now.

so let's continue this thread, there is so much to talk about.

crunch [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2003, 11:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

likecrunchy ... i agree. hawkgirl is so pretty and i just loves it. i mean i have been waiting for it and i was spreechlees when i watched it. i mean i stayed up to watch the replay of it later in the night and i taped.

yeah let's keep it going ... what is your fav episode?
WaveBehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 01:19 AM
Extreme Fan

I think the general consensus was that was her head. But now that we know it was just a mask will there be more maskless hawk girl? I was thinking its about time. I took him almost dying for them to get together. Wonderwoman and alien John were missing from this episode. Were they on vacation? Anyway I love this show and watch it every week.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Lady Dragonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 07:32 PM
New Fan

I love this cartoon! There's humor and action and even some adult innuendo.

Katma Tui: (to John) Or you can learn to live with your emerald impotence.
Flash: Impotence? (everyone stares) Right . . . I was just going over there.

FLash being beat by John's landlady: If we ever need a replacement for Hawkgirl, I'll call you!

Joker sets up bomb with a timer: Oh, what are you expecting from me? A round number?

Harley Quinn: The people here are so scared they're willing to go to Los Angeles.

Joker: The suspense is killling me - of course, the explosions will kill them.

Joker: Will Hawkgirl ever stop sublimating her passions with that big honkin' mace?!? Not on my show!
Old 01-24-2004, 09:23 AM
Master Fan

I like watching Justice League. Itīs a cool team.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can't believe this thread hardly has any replies...I love JL! I love that it's from the same production team of Batman/Superman that aired a few years ago.

What I really love is that the storylines can be pretty mature at times (in A Better World alternate Superman fried Lex Luthor with his heat ray vision and lobotimized several past villains (mostly Batman villains)). The age rating in Canada is 'Children 8+' but I'm often shocked at how some storylines play out -- but in a good way.

Anyway, I decided to post because this past Monday we got to see the final episode of the series Starcrossed (a special 3 part episode). But don't fear: There is a Season Three but they are retooling it and calling it Justice League Unlimited ....where they will bring a wide assortment of DC characters to the screen...it won't just be the regular 7 characters anymore. For fans of the comics, I'm sure you're happy -- but I loved that there were only 7 -- allowing some episodes to feature only 2 or 3 characters at a time, thus allowing character development. However, with this new format we'll get different characters every week -- and they will only be 1/2 hour story arcs now -- for example, one episode next season will feature Supergirl, Green Arrow and The Question...Martian Manhunter is in the background.

As for Starcrossed, the season finale -- it is awesome!! I read spoilers since last November and then read summaries and saw episode screen caps in February from people in Europe who had already seen it -- it is worth the wait! This is a great finale for the original premise to the show!

If you don't know, the storyline centers around Hawkgirl's people (The Thanagarians) coming to Earth. Hawkgirl feels torn between her loyalty to her people and the loyalty to her adoptive home planet she has come to love the past 5 years. But things get increasingly difficult when The Thanagarians real motives for coming to Earth become clear....

I believe it is airing in the U.S. on Cartoon Network on Saturday May 29th (though some sources say the 27th --all 3 episodes) and the DVD will be released in July. It's excellent!

Justice League Unlimited will begin on August 7 on Cartoon Network in the U.S....hopefully Canadians will not have to wait sooo long afterwards...

Last edited by Lynea; 05-21-2004 at 01:25 PM
Lynea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 03:33 PM
Extreme Fan

I want to know when the new season is going to air.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Lady Dragonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 04:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

I have not seen this show in ages does it still come on ? and if so when?
LUCIUS: "Why can you not stop saying what is in yours? Why must you lead, when I want to lead? If I want to dance I will ask you to dance. If I want to speak I will open my mouth and speak. Everyone is forever plaguing me to speak further. Why? What good is it to tell you you are in my every thought from the time I wake? What good can come from my saying that I sometimes cannot think clearly or do my work properly? What gain can rise of my telling you the only time I feel fear as others do is when I think of you in harm? That is why I am on this porch, Ivy Walker. I fear for your safety before all others. And yes, I will dance with you on our wedding night."
Telli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 10:43 PM
Master Fan

Ah I have to admit I loved this show when I was a little kid. I still watch the new one here and there. My favorites have to be Batman and The Flash.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Elite Fan

I don't like the show. I think it is mainly because the characters aren't like the ones I remember from their counterparts on Super Friends. I mean, when did Wonder Woman learn to fly?
Old 09-09-2004, 03:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Impatient
I don't like the show. I think it is mainly because the characters aren't like the ones I remember from their counterparts on Super Friends. I mean, when did Wonder Woman learn to fly?
since Crisis on Infinite Earths I believe. WW's powers changed and now she pretty much does everything Superman does... fly, speed, and strength.

as for JL, well the series was good until they switched it over to JL Unlimited. now we get guys like Hawk & Dove, Captain Atom, and the Question. there hasn't even been a Flash storyline yet, which sucks. It's one thing to expand the show to include other heroes, but don't completely drop the Flash.
joeschmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the JL cartoon. I'm not so sure about JLU. I haven't seen it.

I always thought Wonder Woman flew. I didn't realize the continuity was revamped.

likeCrunchyness, I thought I was the only one who dug the Hawkgirl/Green Lantern thing.

If JLU cuts down on Flash, well that's no good.

This is my favorite, Flash coming onto Hawkgirl: "So, is there a Hawkboy?"

Even though that quote messes with comics continuity.