Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2004, 03:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Identity Crisis....

if you haven't been keeping up... shame on you. this is DC's big crossover this year (it seems they do one almost every year) and it's slowly building up to a climactic finale. i won't spoil it for those of you that haven't read it yet... anyways, check out the cover from the final issue, #7. http://www.bradmeltzer.com/gifs/identity7_large.jpg
pretty damn sweet.
joeschmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've read 1-3. And I agree they've been very good. Kudos to Brad Meltzer and Rags Morales for making me care about characters I've never heard of.

And also I'm happy for Rags. I've always enjoyed his artwork and thought of him as an underrated artist. I'm glad that's starting to change.
Old 10-22-2004, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I read #5 today and was blown away. Is anyone reading this?
Old 10-22-2004, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I actually posted about this on the Identity Disc thread (I'm easily confused). This sounds like an interesting series, but I spend too much money each month on comics as it is, so I'm waiting for the trade.
Old 10-23-2004, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The trade might be better. B/C you don't have to wait for the answers. I'm surprised I'm enjoying as much as I do. I'm not really into DC. And I don't know the minor heroes and villans at all.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

except for certain books i live by TPB. i can't stand the wait for storylines to finish, at least with a TPB i get the entire story in one neat package, albeit a few months after current stuff.

that said, i didn't really much care for Jack Drake's death... he was holding back Tim's crime fighting career. there's a rumour going round that the killer is actually someone with close ties to Batman...
Old 12-04-2004, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The killer was revealed in #6 (well, it looks that way). I'll admit, I was very, very shocked. It wasn't who I was expecting (if it is that person).
Old 12-08-2004, 07:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

i thought #6 was the finale. anyways, i'm hoping it isn't that particular character becuz i've always liked him and his powers but it does make for one hell of a shocker and a great ending to come in #7. hopefully it's just another trick to throw us off.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

i just read some 'spoilers' by someone who claims to have read #7. i don't know if it's true or not, but this whole series has had people on the edge of their seats.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll admit to being one of those people. And I'm not really a DC fan. But I'm freaking out until next week when #7 is coming out. I'm just hoping I don't accidentally get spoiled.

I don't think the person "revealed" in #7 did it. But it did get me.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

yup, thank god it wasn't Atom. i don't know about you guys, but this ending kinda felt flat... i expected more of a shock when the truth was revealed.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

#7 felt flat to me too. The resolution wasn't as powerful as the buildup. It was an amazing miniseries anyways though.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Elite Fan

DC solicited one last printing of the entire mini-series last month, but they were among the books I had to cut because of budgetary reasons. I guess I'm going to have to try and pick this up on ebay or wait for the trade. It's hard not to read about what happened though. Every comics magazine has at least one story about it in every issue.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

At this point all the surprises are gone. But I still think it's worth reading. But if you check out DC boards there are plenty of people who hated it.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:48 AM
Elite Fan

The only surprise ruined for me as of this moment is Sue Dibny. Otherwise I am completely unspoiled. It has taken a lot of work, believe me.