Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2006, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

Have you ever tried to make your own comic book?

Have you ever tried to make your own comic book or did you make one of your own? I was just wondering because my cousin showed me a comic he made and I thought back to a comic book I tried to do. I feel motivated to try again.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:20 PM
Loyal Fan

I love making my own comic books. Seeing your own work reproduced in a little book you made yourself is so self-satisfying. Though it's cheaper publishing them online, but it feels best when someone buys them from you and loves it.
Jiberty Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I might have tried when I was younger.

About a year ago, I was trying to learn how to draw. It was turning out better than I thought. It wasn't great, but I didn't completely suck.

But I've harbored plenty of fantasies about creating comics. They'll most likely stay that way.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:22 AM
Elite Fan

I don't normally post on this part of the forum but I saw this thread and decided to reply

I'm making my own comic/manga at the moment. Unfortunately, it's an off and on project as far as the comic goes because I've been busy. But I've got at least half of the storyline done. There's three chapters (in a tv show, that's three seasons). Basically, the story is kinda like Buffy but not by a whole lot. Expect Japanese themes since I'm considering to make this as a manga. I might make this in to a webcomic (or post them) when I'm done with the first chapter. (Only if there's enough people interested) I reccomend not getting in to it if you're a deeply religious person (concerning that Hell, Satan, and Lucifer are mentioned) Okay, so here's the info. Let me know what you think: (Warning, this is very long so I hope I don't end up boring you)

Demonic Slayer X-(Akuma no sureiyaa X)

Main Plot: A battle to determine the fate of the mortal realm has taken place between the dark ruler of Hell and the legendary demonic slayer. However, the demonic slayer has failed to defeat Satan. For unknown reasons, instead of taking advantage of victory, he promises another battle in another millenium (1,000 years).

Note: Demonic creatures are simply demons that either inhabit the human or who roam about the mortal world. Satanics are more high ranking and a lot more powerful.

Main Characters:

Ceres Miyako- At about 15 years of age and attending a prepatory school, Ceres was on the brink on her studies for her enterance exams to Kokubun Academy. However, thanks to Shebina, she has discovered that she was the reincarnation of the legendary demonic slayer who is fated to fight the promised 1,000 year battle. As if that was not bad enough, the previous night, Ceres had witnessed her mother's own death thanks to Medussa. Her powers are mainly fire and she uses a sword as her only weapon.

Shebina- The first two syllables within her name mean death and beauty. A satanic creature who was enslaved by Lucifer before escaping his wrath, she was the one responsible for revealing to Ceres the truth of being the reincarnated. A Satanic creature, not much is known about her until the final chapter when her identity and past has been revealed. Her power is ice while her weapon speciality contains whips and chains.

Drake- Another Satanic creature and perhaps Ceres' most powerful ally, Drake betrayed his kind by actually sparing Ceres' life when she was a child, failing to kill her. Having been imprisoned because of this, (and kept guard by Shebina) he finally managed to escape. Occasionaly, he wears a mask but this has grown less later on. Shebina detests him while Drake keeps his guard on her until the 2nd chapter. Drake's own past is also kept a secret until the 3rd chapter as well. His relationship with Ceres is unknown despite scenes and hints that it could be. Besides dark magic, Drake uses a scythe.

Satan- ...or politically correct, the dark lord. This is probably self explanatory.

Lucifer- One of Satan's most powerful allies, he was a former master towards Shebina before her escape. Slaver, sadist, assasin, he had done most of them. Despite posing in Ceres' school as one of her classmates, the two have not gone along so well either way. Lucifer uses a sword as well as the ability of dark magic.

1st Chapter-While serving detention for falling asleep during class, Ceres finds out from a satanic creature that she is the reincarnation of the legendary demonic slayer. However, as she starts to realize her powers, the battles get more difficult.

Characters fr. Chapter 1:
Medussa- The legendary famous snake haired woman (or in this case, where tentacles come out from her head), she tries too hard to prove herself worthy.

Seijo- Concealing his identity with a ninja mask, this is due to a horrific fire accident. Once a friend of Drake, he usually remains in his silent, though deadly, self. He is considered Akira's older brother, though the two are not exactly brothers. There are times, for reasons not known until the end, where he appears to have spared Ceres, though Seijo takes the blame when necessary.

Akira-The youngest of all the satanics, he can be childish at times.

Nanasawa Kyoori- (Kyoori Nanasawa) Although a minor character, she has been Ceres' best friend since elementary. She is more focused in Chapter 2. She has a knack for strange fashion, shopping, and reading books of mystery and suspense.

Chapter 2- After a couple of weeks, believing that the battle is over for now, Ceres goes back to studying for her enterance exams. However, when another demonic creature makes its return, it seems that not everything is over. Kyoori shows off a new tattoo to Ceres which Shebina recognizes as the mark of Nyanko, a cat queen who ruled one of the realms in hell. Against all odds, Ceres attempts to not only find a way to save Kyoori but to find out why Nyanko is after her.

Nyanko- A cat queen who rulled a realm in hell known as Nekocho. Like Lucifer, she is a mistress and a slaver. (Spoilers end here)

Chapter 3- Finally being accepted to Kokubun Academy, and having reached 15, Ceres finds herself meeting with friends from the past, attaining what could possibly be true love. But despite her fading humanity and battles, she finds out pasts that she wish she didn't know, the key to true her identity, and her mother's concealed past.

Characters fr. Chapter 3:

Ayashi- Seen with bunny ears (though they are not actual ears), her powers and methods tend to be child like yet deadly at the same time. Most of her methods go from a spinning wheel, to a pack of cards, to even (once) a computer game. Younger sister of Jezerea, she at times does not take her job as seriously as her sister does. She poses as 3rd year student Chie* and is seen as sweet, outgoing, and rather unusually upbeat. Ayashi's power comes from a staff similar to Sailor Saturn's.

Jezerea- The world of dark faeries have not ceased to amaze her. In most ways, she is conniving, manipulative, and even decieving, despite having to take the fall for Ayashi's failures at times. This is completely opposite to who she is posing as a mortal, Ayumi Hibachi, in which the 4th year student is quiet, shy, and has a passion for strawberry soda.

Cyrus- A mage who first appeared in one of Ceres' battles to having helped her, he bears a slight resemblance to Drake, though it is later revealed that he's Drake's half brother who was thought to be dead. He has set out on travels, seeking revenge towards Drake. He tends to disappear off and on at most though his true intentions are not revealed until the final battle.

Jiro Yoshikawa- A 4th year transfer student, he has taken quite a liking to Ceres. With plans to go for Tokyo University, it may seem that he could be the perfect guy to allow Ceres to be herself once more.

*Chie's last name is spelled F-u-kuda (take out the dashes). I tried to post it but the first three letters was blocked out. I guess they thought I said a swear word.

Oh well, let me know what you guys think...any thoughts...suggestions?

Last edited by Lain; 04-26-2006 at 02:44 AM
Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:39 AM
Elite Fan

Your comic sounds like it would be pretty cool. I'd definitely read it.

I've had several ideas for comics over the years, but few of them have gotten past the intitial concept stage. I have toyed with buying that new Comic Book Publisher software that has just come out, mainly because it's just 20 bucks. If I ever take the plunge and do that, then I might move a little farther.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Elite Fan

I don't use software...though it may seem easier. I actually use blank composition notebooks, which probably would take up to 20 books just to finish the whole series.

But yeah, hopefully when I'm done with the 1st chapter I'll make it into a web comic. I don't have a lot right now but it'll come by during summer time hopefully.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

The comic book I am working on now is sort of my verison of the Justice League called New Hope, its based on a roleplay I did on the Roleplaying Board a few years ago. The RP is basically about a new Batman who leads a group of misfit heroes against Corp X, dicatorship group compromised of vicious villains who have over the former United States.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, this is a really exciting thread. I'd love to see people's finished work if they ever are on the web. Or in a store.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Me too. I would love if people could link up to their stuff.

Would that be possible on the fanforum, or not?
Old 04-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm, I'll have to check. I guess it might fall under the "no solicitation" rule. But that's not really what people are doing.

I don't see how it would be any different from linking to LJ's and such.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:44 PM
Elite Fan

I could always put it up on photobucket and start my own thread. Making your own website costs money.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:36 AM
Elite Fan

Okay, you know what, I can't fall asleep so I decided to send you guys links of my sketches of my characters in my work. If you don't know who they are, refer to the first post i made. The only thing is, I'm not really good in drawing guys, which is a problem for me But yeah...I just did this out of sheer boredom.

Unfortunately, I have to rework on Nyanko...so...yeah.

Ceres: 1 2 3
Shebina/Jeanine: 1 2 3
Drake: 1 2
Satan: 1
Lucifer: 1

Chapter 1:
Medussa: 1
Akira: 1
Seijo: 1

Chapter 2:
Kyoori: 1

Chapter 3:
Cyrus: 1 2
Ayashi/Chie: 1 2
Jezerea/Ayumi: 1 2
Jiro: 1
Old 04-26-2006, 03:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Those are awesome designs. Definitely keep on working on them.

I have my own site, though if you want to get out there to make comics then I suggest getting one. If not, you can always go to drunkduck.com or smackjeeves.com.

As for working on comics, I would probably skip the comic publisher and get the Manga Studio debut (well there are MANY ways to get that...). You can just penicl, ink, and tone/color right on it and it already has the paper sizes that you need on it. I was just using it today and it works pretty good. (Well I just got the Professional version of it though...)
Old 04-26-2006, 03:44 AM
Elite Fan

Glad you liked them. I'll definintly keep working on it. And i'll try to go to that link you posted on that other thread.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:47 AM
Elite Fan

My cousin has been making some noise about doing his own comic. He's even showed me a couple of his sketches about characters and whatnot...I'll try to get him to hit this thread.

I've been kicking around my own idea for the past couple of months. One of these days I might do something with it.