Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2011, 09:36 PM
I am a basketball genius!

General X-Men cartoon/anime discussion #1

Welcome to the thread everyone for discussing all the X-Men anime & cartoons! If you have a favorite X-Men series which 1 is it? I'm currently trying to catch up on X-Men Evolution that airs on Disney XD. I'm interested in if you've also seen ''Wolverine and the X-Men''? I've read positive reviews of it & looking forward to catching it on DVD soon. Thanks for visiting the thread.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
If you have a favorite X-Men series which 1 is it? I'm currently trying to catch up on X-Men Evolution that airs on Disney XD. I'm interested in if you've also seen ''Wolverine and the X-Men''? I've read positive reviews of it & looking forward to catching it on DVD soon.
VERY surprised no one has replied, but that just makes me the first and maybe I can get the ball rolling....

My absolute favourite of the animated series is from the mid '90s -- X-men: The Animated Series. It had most of the more notable main characters in the series mythology, AND they were all adults, rather than teens (unlike X-men Evolution). They also covered A LOT of character development and relationships as well as noteworthy story arcs (eg. The Phoenix Saga, The Dark Phoenix Saga, Beyond Good & Evil, etc).

Also, as a Canadian, I have to mention the fantastic voice cast...especially Cal Dodd, who voiced Wolverine. He is considered by most in fandom as the best voice actor for Logan.

As for X-men Evolution, I did enjoy it for what it was. The characters were young, so the storylines reflected it. But as a devout Scott/Jean fan...I thoroughly enjoyed seeing their relationship develop.

For Wolverine & the X-men, sadly, it only lasted a season. I thought it was good, if you are a Logan fan. But it was kind of jarring because there were two storylines happening...so one episode would be in the present day, the next episode in the future (with no Logan & the rest of the cast)....only Professor X.

If it seems like I'm against the last two series....really I'm not. BUT when you compare it to X-men: The Animated Series, there is NO contest (especially all of Wolvie's one liners, perfectly executed by Mr. Dodd).

Some of the best Wolverine lines (from memory, no less):
"Ugh, brush sometimes, will ya!" (Wolveriine pushing an unconscious Sabertooth off of himself)
"Bad doggy, no biscuit!" (Wolveriine fighting a dog-type alien)

Last edited by Lynea; 06-17-2011 at 02:28 PM
Lynea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:20 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Wolverine & the X-Men also gave Nick Toons 1 of their highest ratings for any show in that Network's history with over 3,000,000 viewers when it premiered on that channel. The reason I read it was canceled is because of finances.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread