Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2005, 02:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Full Metal Alchemist Appreciation #1- Because We Believe in Equivalent Exchange

Erm... I am an obsessed fangirl. Yes, I am making an FMA thread. Sue me.

For those of you who have no idea what FMA is, let me enlighten you:

Imagine a world in which Alchemy is not only possible, but used frequently. Alchemy, though, is a science, and with all sciences there are laws that must be followed. Welcome to the anime, Full Metal Alchemist. The story begins about two brothers, Alphonse and Edward Elric. Ever since they were young they had practiced the science of alchemy. You follow their journey of being alchemists and their quest to regain that which they have lost.

Their father was a well recognized alchemist, which is probably where their knack for it comes from. However, when they were young their father left, and they remained in the care of their mother. One day their mother died, and in their innocence and ignorance, they attempted what was forbidden, human alchemy.

What happened next, they were obviously not prepared for, and in the aftermath the brothers lost more than just their mother. In the freak accident Alphonse loses his body, and in a moment of panic Edward ties his brother's soul to a piece of armor. Edward himself loses an arm and a leg, a costly reminder of what has happend.

The story begins and details the brother's journey to find a alchemy amplifier so that they may return to their normal bodies.

Come forth, FMA fans, and play with meee!
Old 05-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Loyal Fan

I'll play with you!! FMA is possiby one of the best anime ever, so it does deserves to have obsessive fangirls like us! Especially Edward
bowlnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yay! I'm not alone!! *glomps*

Ed is the best. And Roy. Because Roy knows everything.

Although the dubbed voice they gave him made me cry. *shudders*
Old 05-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Loyal Fan

I've just started reading the manga and watching the episodes and it sure looks like I'm not going to be disappointed .

Marina
make sure your hands are clean.

Bob Marley
~Blue Marina~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 11:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

I want the manga. I have ordered the manga. But the manga will not be here for three more weeks. This makes me sad.

From what I've heard, the anime and the manga eventually go in different directions, but I'm not complaining. That means suprises, since the storylines are seperate, and I've seen the entire anime.

Marina, you won't be. It's one of my favorite anime's. Second only after Gravitation.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kat*~
I want the manga. I have ordered the manga. But the manga will not be here for three more weeks. This makes me sad.

From what I've heard, the anime and the manga eventually go in different directions, but I'm not complaining. That means suprises, since the storylines are seperate, and I've seen the entire anime.

Marina, you won't be. It's one of my favorite anime's. Second only after Gravitation.
OMG how did I not notice your "Yaoi forever" sig XD Yaoi is so awesome! As is Roy! ::cough::especiallywithEd::cough::

The FMA manga is really good, I have it all. I definatly didn't download it ::shifty_eyes::
Old 05-24-2005, 04:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Oh no, of course you didn't. That would be wrong *quickly closes the folder full of dozens of series worth of scanlations*

Squee!! Another Roy/Ed fan! Oh, thank the lord, I won't be all alone!!
Old 05-24-2005, 12:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Damn straight you won't be alone! Especially considering it is one of my favourite couples right now (besides SasuNaru). So read any good fics lately (not just yaoi but FMA in general).
Old 05-24-2005, 01:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

Oh, several. I found this thing, this blessed, wonderful thing. It was a rec list. It had dozens of Ed/Roy fanfics. Some were depressing, some were smutty, some were romancy (without being sugary sweet). It was wonderful... Took me forever to read them all though.

http://fleetingfancies.nokoru.net/fm...ic-royxed.html

Well, if I'm not reading something Roy/Ed centric, it's Havoc/Hawkeye centric.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:41 PM
Loyal Fan

OMG! That is a very blessed wonderful thing indeed XD. I'll spend weeks on this!

Hey has anyone ever listened to any of the Hagaren Song Files? I love all of them but Edwards songs have to be the best. I just love Romi Paku's voice so much.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Oooh... I agree!

And I love the themes. The first and second opening and the first and second ending are my favs. I downloaded them, so when I'm working, I jack my speakers up and boogie to them. Fun times.

Roy's dub voice makes me want to crawl under my bed and cry.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kat*~
Roy's dub voice makes me want to crawl under my bed and cry.
Hahah... yeah it is a little too deep for him XD although I am rather surprised about how well the rest of the dub is. I just hope they do that well for Naruto... Having a good dub is good especialy since Square enix refuses to put a Japanese language option on thier video games >.<
Old 05-26-2005, 06:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's just... WRONG.

I'm avoiding Naruto, just because it's too long. And I didn't really like the manga.

I wanna see the MOVIE!
Old 05-26-2005, 09:31 PM
Loyal Fan

I didn't wanna get into Naruto either but I saw how slashy it was and I couldn't resist XD

OMG yes! The movie sounds so freaking awesome! Do you know when it comes out in Japan?
Old 05-27-2005, 04:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

This summer. But it's not due to be fansubbed and ready for download until Fall 2006. Grrrrrrr.