Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2005, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't think of that joe, but you're probably right. I'm still mourning Weyland.

I loved the "Hollywood" arc. I love that the Fables have money problems and need income. It injects some reality into a fantasy world (and medium as a whole).

I don't mind the guest artists, so many books tend to have them. Plus, with Vertigo they usually use someone with a similar style.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Newsarama had a recap of Willingham at a discussion at Wizard World and he says that in upcoming issues he'll start adding in more European fables. i have no idea which kinds of characters could come from this, but it'll be nice to see some new fables in the mix.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeschmo
Preacher rules but Dillon has bad art? ok, so granted, he doesn't have the smoothest art, but you gotta admit nobody can draw a head with a gunshot wound like he can.

i love the art in Y. it's simple and clean and consistent every month. as for Sandman, it's Gaiman writing but the art is horrid. then again, i usually skip the art in favor of the text anyways.

back on topic with Fables, Lan Medina was good on the first arc, but the regular artist, Buckingham is much better. Pinnochio looks better later on, although Beast looks awkward. but the best is on Snow White... in the first arc she looks mean, tough, and downright sexy and i guess that plays well considering her position of power. but Buckingham does a better job of capturing the naive, unsure, vulnerable Snow that develops later on.

i thought preacher had good art. well in the sense that writer and artist really complemented each other, the latters art really suited the writing style of the former (i think they began working together in the latter part of the hellblazer series).

ITA with Snow White art! *nods*
Old 03-29-2005, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm, I'm not sure I'd call Snow naive. With the circumstances she's gone through, I think anyone would be unsure. But with all the strange happenings I think it seems like she's more dazed.

But with the birth of her children she seems a bit more sure of herself, especially with emergencies. She's come back (at least a little bit) to her cool headed self.

Quote:
he'll start adding in more European fables. i have no idea which kinds of characters could come from this, but it'll be nice to see some new fables in the mix.
I guess that's a good thing, but I can barely keep track of the American ones.

Quote:
i thought preacher had good art. well in the sense that writer and artist really complemented each other, the latters art really suited the writing style of the former (i think they began working together in the latter part of the hellblazer series).
You have a good point. I happen to love Frank Quitely whom a lot of people can't stand. But I think his art serves certain visions perfectly.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

if you want some info on the series, check this page out.

http://www.geocities.com/silva_shado/fables.htm

it's got some good info on the fables up to the storybook love arc. i admit, i didn't know where a lot of the characters came from.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you joe! I have the same problem. Some are so obvious like Bigby, Snow, and Prince Charming. But many have left me baffled.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

why am i going through Bigby withdrawals? he better come back in some big way cause he's one of the main characters. anyways, finally went through the first part of the Homelands arc. i've got to say that i'm surprised at how Blue has been written. the issue was great, and it definitely makes things interesting with Blue using the stolen magical items. maybe he can survive. i'm still waiting on the big reveal as to who the 'Adversary' really is. Buckingham says it's a well known fable, so i'm dying to see who he can pull now.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've been wanting to know too. He says if we've been following the story, we should be able to figure it out. It wasn't Red Robin Hood, I have no clue.

Bigby feels a little Wolverinish to me. So I don't love him as much as everyone else. I like him, but I don't miss him when he's gone. It was cool to see his father, and since Snow sent the Zephyr baby after him, I'm sure he'll pop back soon.

You gotta love a comic where the main character can disappear for months. This really is the only comic where anything can happen.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:45 AM
jjt
Master Fan

Eek .. I'm so far behind on Fables. Thank goodness for the trades .. will ask for them for christmas. I'm way back on the storybook love storyline.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:34 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I am pretty far behind on Fables also, but I'll try to catch up fast. Are there any Jack of Fables fans here?
Old 11-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Elite Fan

I've read the first trade of Fables, and that's all...so I'm probably farther behind than you. LOL.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:49 PM

Yep. It is tough to keep up with. Fables #67 came out this week though if anyone is still trying. I am going to look for some of the earlier volumes of it.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Elite Fan

I'm sure Pia is still picking up new issues.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:53 PM

I wish I was also. I did find at least one issue that can be read at dccomics.com of Fables. Other than that I'll have to keep picking up the books.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:07 AM
Elite Fan

I seem to have lost my copy of the first trade. I was looking for it to loan to my sister, but I can't find it anywhere.