Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2018, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 05-17-2018, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Next CW superhero crossover to introduce Batwoman

Quote:
The CW will host another superhero crossover event this fall, but this time they’ll be introducing the character of Batwoman into the fold.
Arrow star Stephen Amell shared the big news at The CW’s upfront presentation on Thursday. “We’re incredibly excited to announce that we’ll be doing another crossover event this fall on the CW, and we’ll be introducing a new character,” Amell said. “For the very first time appearing, we’ll be fighting alongside Batwoman, which is terrific. The crossover is going to make it to air in December. I need to leave right now and start filming it.”
Batwoman, otherwise known as Kate Kane, is one of several vigilantes who protect Gotham City. The character, first introduced as Kathy Kane in Detective Comics back in 1956, was reimagined for DC Comics’ New 52, with the character now a Jewish lesbian.

“We are adding the city of Gotham into the Arrowverse,” CW boss Mark Pedowitz added. “This will be another full-throttled, action-packed event.”
With the introduction of Gotham City in the crossover, the Arrowverse is following through on something it has been teasing for some time. In the first season of The Flash, there was a newspaper from the year 2024 that featured a headline about Wayne Tech merging with Queen Inc. Furthermore, the current season of Arrow confirmed that Gotham existed in the show’s universe when Oliver Queen name-dropped Bruce Wayne while being questioned about whether or not he was the Green Arrow.

The next CW crossover is slated to air in December.
Next CW superhero crossover to introduce Batwoman | EW.com
Old 05-23-2018, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 06-03-2018, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 06-03-2018, 04:03 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Wow. This is exciting. I might check ''Arrow'' out with Batwoman on it.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 06-05-2018, 06:26 PM

Wow. I didn't know it was on season 6 already.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 06-11-2018, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

DC ENTERTAINMENT REVEALS ARTISTS, ON SALE DATES, COVERS AND FIRST LOOKS FOR UPCOMING DC ZOOM AND DC INK TITLES (x)
Quote:
"DC Zoom targets middle grade readers ages 8-12 and will tell stories focused on friends, family and growing up. The line will debut in April 2019 with Super Sons: The Polarshield Project, written by award-winning middle grade author Ridley Pearson and illustrated by Ile Gonzalez. The complete list of creative teams for the first wave of DC Zoom titles include:

Super Sons: The Polarshield Project (April 2019)- written by Ridley Pearson and illustrated by Ile Gonzalez
DC Super Hero Girls: Spaced Out (May 2019) –written by Shea Fontana, and illustrated by Agnes Garbowska
Batman: Overdrive (August 2019)– written by Shea Fontana and illustrated by Marcelo Di Chiara
Black Canary: Ignite (October 2019)– written by Meg Cabot and illustrated by Cara McGee

DC Ink will publish thought provoking stories for young adults, readers ages 13+, that focus on everyday aspirations, struggles and triumphs. The line will also launch in April 2019 with the highly anticipated Mera coming-of-age tale, Mera: Tidebreakerfrom New York Timesbestselling YA author Danielle Paige and artist Stephen Byrne. Complete creative teams for the first round of DC Ink graphic novels include:

Mera: Tidebreaker (April 2019) – written by Danielle Paige and illustrated by Stephen Byrne
Under The Moon: A Catwoman Tale (May 2019)– written by Lauren Myracle and illustrated by Isaac Goodhart
Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass (June 2019)– written by Mariko Tamaki and illustrated by Steve Pugh
Teen Titans: Raven (July 2019)– written by Kami Garcia and illustrated by Gabriel Picolo

The covers and first looks for the first wave of DC Zoom and DC Ink titles are illustrated by each respective artist announced today and can be viewed in the image gallery above."
The covers look great!

cliffies • kcch
Old 06-15-2018, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ben Affleck Won't Play Batman In Solo Film

Quote:
Affleck will be busy for the next year or so with other film projects, including The Has-Been with director Gavin O'Connor. The two are also developing a sequel to The Accountant, while Affleck has some other irons in the fire that will take up additional time on his schedule (including possibly a long-simmering remake of Witness For the Prosecution, with Affleck pulling double duty as director and star). So there doesn't look to be time for him to join production on a Batman movie expected to enter production

Tentatively titled The Batman in previous iterations of the project, the solo movie is being written and directed by Matt Reeves. Reeves turned in somewhere around perhaps 30+/- pages to Walter Hamada almost three weeks ago.

Reeves' Batman reboot picture will focus on a younger Batman during earlier stages of his career as a masked crimefighter. It's possible the film might contain some elements of the character's origin, and the film will be a detective story inspired by noir cinema and certain comic book stories that put a premium on Batman's investigative prowess. The Riddler could be a strong candidate to appear in the film, via inspiration from certain key stories in the comic book source material.
Quote:
Movies are a business, and just because you ask an actor or filmmaker to tell you the truth about something doesn't mean they are at liberty to do so. There are careers at stake, millions and even billions of dollars in revenue, there are contracts and NDAs, and so if someone is asked whether they are still doing a particular job during a time when they're contractually, morally, or otherwise obligated to keep the truth secret, then they can't just say "no comment" because that of course looks like an answer anyway. They often have to just lie, or mislead, or dodge giving a truthful answer in order to maintain the "company line" until they are able to be more honest about it. That's business, and there's no point in resenting it or being angry about it.
So there's also no reason to pretend this doesn't happen, or to ignore the fact it's already happened repeatedly with the DCEU and with Affleck's status on Batman projects.
Quote:
We will know more about the solo Batman movie in the coming months as the script is completed and casting negotiations begin. I've heard filming is tentatively expected to begin next spring, possibly by April if everything is in place. So expect plenty more reports and analysis from me about The Batman and the rest of the DCEU
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#3daa3aec8c62
Old 06-16-2018, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

DC Universe’s ‘Swamp Thing’ Series Targeting Fall Start In North Carolina

Quote:
Omega Underground has word that the James Wan produced Swamp Thing series from showrunners Mark Verheiden and Gary Dauberman could start shooting this fall production start and will take place in North Carolina.
This makes sense as casting is underway and moving to a less busy state could afford them a little more wiggle room concerning production schedules. The DC Universe series will likely air sometime next year.
We will certainly update when we have production dates and more specific filming locations.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:30 PM

This is great news!
Old 06-20-2018, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

BATMAN: DAMNED #1 – September 19, 2018 (bimonthly, three issues)
SUPERMAN: YEAR ONE #1 – November, 2018 (bimonthly, three issues)
THE OTHER HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE #1 – December, 2018 (seven issues)

Quote:
The Black Label line is geared towards more subverted, adult and well, unconventional stories, so it makes sense why these Elseworld-esque tales would fit there. It was previously announced that Superman: Year One (Miller, John Romita Jr.) and The Other History of the DC Universe (by Oscar-winning writer John Ridley) would lead the line.
Other titles include Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons from Kelly Sue DeConnick and Phil Jimenez, a three-book series that spans “from the creation of the Amazons to the moment Steve Trevor washes up on the shores of Paradise Island.” Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo, fresh from even series Dark Nights: Metal, will re-team for Batman: Last Knight on Earth, taking place in a “strange future, villains are triumphant and society has liberated itself from the burden of ethical codes.” Snyder first discussed the series last October at New York Comic Con, with Batman: White Knight’s Sean G. Murphy attached as artist at the time.
https://www.cbr.com/dc-black-label-w...ampaign=CBR-TW
Old 06-20-2018, 03:36 PM

Sweet! I'm interested in that Batman: Damned comic.
Old 06-28-2018, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero