Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2016, 02:12 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Comics News Thread #4: All the updates on comics!

Welcome to the thread everyone! Here's some news on Spider-Man: First Spider-Man: Homecoming Trailer To Debut With Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Old 11-27-2016, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 11-28-2016, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Marion Cotillard comments on her criticized death scene in 'The Dark Knight Rises' - Batman News

Quote:
Marion Cotillard is an Oscar-winning actress, but her death scene in The Dark Knight Rises is often criticized. Cotillard is promoting her new movie Allied, but Allocine decided to bring up that awkward death scene from the 2012 Christopher Nolan movie.

“We’re all in the same boat, and if sometimes it gets out of control, then everyone is involved,” Cotillard told Allocine (translated from French to English in the video above). “Sometimes there are failures, and when you see this on screen, you’re thinking: ‘Why? Why did they keep that take?’ But either you blame everyone or nobody. But I thought people overreacted, because it was tough to be identified just with this scene. When I’m doing the best I can to find the authenticity in every character that I’m playing, it’s tough to be known just for this scene.”

Edited in between the interview is a clip of Cotillard participating in a rap battle on a comedy show. “The only thing worse than your rap is your death in Batman,” her opponent said. Cotillard just smiled awkwardly and replied “that sucks!”

“Yes, it’s important to know how to laugh about this, and also, there are worse things in life,”
Cotillard added. “Even if there are things that can hurt you. But I wasn’t really affected by this. I just thought the reaction was disproportionate, and it helps to laugh about it.”
Old 11-29-2016, 04:46 PM

Interesting. I guess I'll need to watch it again since I don't remember it being too bad.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Amy Adams talks about to play Lois Lane in the movies.
In an interview with variety, the actress talks about his experience to play the love interest of superman.

Quote:
“You’re doing something in service of something — the character is serving the story or serving a canon,” Adams said of her comic book character role.

“That’s the tricky thing with Lois Lane that I find. I love playing her, I love everyone I work with, but sometimes it’s tricky because I feel she’s in service of the story instead of the story serving a character. That can be tricky: When you show up and you really want to retain a character and you have to serve the story. Does that make sense? In a perfect universe, they all work together. I always want to service the story, but I want to feel supported in the character as well.”
Lois Lane will be back in November 2017 with #Justice League.
AoA_AdamsGarfield_SpiderMan.mp4
Old 12-01-2016, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

#ccxp 2016 in Brazil - DC Comics

Old 12-02-2016, 02:45 PM

Ooh. Beautiful!
Old 12-06-2016, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Suicide Squad And Stranger Things Get Grammy Nominations
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/...y-nominations/
Quote:
- Best Compilation Soundtrack For Visual Media
' Suicide Squad (Collector's edition) '

-Best Song Written For Visual Media
"Heathens"
"Purple Lamborghini"

Best interpretation of rock.
“Heathens” por Twenty One Pilots

Best Rock song.
“Heathens” por Twenty One Pilots.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:43 PM

That's terrific news! Thanks.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jason Momoa talks about how he identifies with #Aquaman.
Quote:
“How I identify with that is kind of being…a bit of an outcast. You see, he wasn’t really too accepted…I wasn’t too accepted. There weren’t any races where I grew up. There’s no Chinese, no Mexican, no Black. I grew up in Iowa. I graduated with like 100 people. I was born in Hawaii, so I would go see my father… just wasn’t accepted on the local side by some people because I wasn’t raised in Hawaii. I identify as being that outcast and not really fitting into two different worlds.”

Jason Momoa Talks on How He Identifies With Aquaman – DC Comics Movie
Old 12-10-2016, 03:53 PM

Well that's good that he relates to Aquaman. It will be epic getting An Aquaman film. Certainly well past due.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

'Wonder Woman' Director Patty Jenkins: How to Make a Female Heroine "Vulnerable," But Not "Lesser in Any Way" | Hollywood Reporter

Quote:
I met with Warner Bros. right after I made Monster [her only previous feature, the indie hit] more than 10 years ago, and I said, “I want to make Wonder Woman.” I’ve always been moved by the idea of movies that are personal but still have a huge reach. Superman had that effect on me when I was a kid — it rocked my world. That kind of movie was always the brass ring of what I wanted to do with my career.

Because of my love of Wonder Woman and the genre, I felt this project was absolutely the right thing for me to do, though I definitely knew what I was taking on — that there’s a huge amount of responsibility that comes with it. I knew just making a movie about Wonder Woman for the first time was going to matter to people and what I was stepping into with that.

When I’m asked if I feel additional pressure because I’m a filmmaker who is female, I say that I think it’s important but there’s really nothing you can do about it. Every step of my career has been that way — every project is something no one has done before, male or female, the pressure is always high, and I’m always doing it as a woman, so I think you just have to learn to mute it out and just be a great director and give everything you can.

Our film really draws from the original [1940s] Wonder Woman comic book by William Moulton Marston. The goal was to tap into what always spoke to me about her — to honor who she was, her legacy, and to make her as universal as she was to all of us little girls who ran around pretending to be Lynda Carter when we were kids. Wonder Woman is the grand universal female hero who didn’t have to be lesser in any way. She wasn’t less powerful, she wasn’t less of a woman. She’s as beautiful as any woman and as strong as any man. That, to me, is so enduring. There have been so few female characters like that — who weren’t small, niche characters or sidekicks. She’s a full-blown superhero who lives up to all of your dreams in every way.

It also was important to me to make sure she was as vulnerable, loving and warm as she should be. It’s important for her to be multidimensional.

It’s been incredible to make something about a superhero that stands for a message of fighting for a loving, thoughtful government, especially in this current climate. It’s been a special process to make something with the beautiful message that it’s difficult to be a hero and stay kind and thoughtful in everything that you do. There’s going to be a lot of conversation about her being a woman in these times, but I think the greatest part about the character is that she’s so much bigger than all of that.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:05 PM

That is interesting. Thanks for the news.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome
Patrick Wilson To PlayJason Momoa’s ‘Aquaman’ Evil Half-Brother ORM | Deadline

Quote:
'Aquaman' To Swim Into Theaters October 2018

The character has some of the sibling-rivalry elements found in Loki. That is Thor’s half brother, who has figured as the heavy in numerous Marvel films, in the form of Tom Hiddleston. ORM is at least as disagreeable and more powerful: In the comics, Aquaman’s human half brother is a rival for the throne of Atlantis and wreaks havoc on the high seas and beneath them when he doesn’t get his way. Amber Heard is playing Mera, Queen of Atlantis.

Wilson, who earlier this year starred in his second Conjuring film, opens Friday in The Hollow Point and plays the romantic rival to Michael Keaton’s Ray Kroc in the upcoming The Founder. CAA and Anonymous Content rep Wilson.

Aquaman first was seen in a cameo in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and plays a major role in the Zack Snyder-directed follow-up Justice League, in which he and other DC Universe heroes face off against the villain Steppenwolf.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:55 PM

He's a good actor wish him well. Here's some news for Free Comic Book Day next year: Free Comic Book Day 2017 Gold Comic Books Revealed
Closed Thread   Post New Thread