Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2009, 07:06 AM
Elite Fan

There don't seem to be many inbetweeners at all. The sparkling thing didn't offend me. I just thought it was stupid.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:45 AM
I am a basketball genius!

Sounds interesting. I'll have to find clip.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:28 PM

credit comicbookresources.com

Titan Publishing to launch WWE comics

Titan Publishing has announced its partnership with World Wresting Entertainment in the launch of WWE Comics. Over the course of the agreement, 20 issues will be produced and distributed to the comic retailers and specialty stores in the U.S. and Canada. The comic's flagship title will be WWE Heroes featuring WWE Superstars and Divas, with the first issue debuting on March 23, 2010.

The series will take the biggest WWE Superstars and Divas beyond the spotlight of the squared circle and into a brand new fictional universe.

Each week more than 1.6 million teens watch WWE programming on television in the U.S. This is an important demographic for the comic book industry and vital for a successful launch in the industry,'' stated Ned Hartley, Editor, WWE Heroes. ''We've got some truly amazing stories to tell - our first issue is going to blow you away! The ''in-your-face, no-holds-barred'' attitude of the WWE works so well as a comic, we just can't wait for people to see the great surprised that we've got in store.''

WWE Heroes series features Superstars Triple H, Undertaker, Randy Orton, Batista, Shawn Michaels, Big Show, John Cena, CM Punk, Kane, Edge, Chris Jericho, Matt Hardy, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Carlito, Jim Ross, Jerry Lawler, and Kelly Kelly. The WWE Heroes cycle is written by Keith Champagne, who penned acclaimed comics such as Justice Society of America, Green Lantern Corps, World War III and Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters.

Issue #1 reveals an eternal rivalry set against the backdrop of the history of WWE. Why is the ruthless Shadow King so obessed with WWE? What is the reason for his eternal and supernatural war with the Firstborn? And could his ancient opponent really be a member of the WWE roster?

Artwork is provided by comics artist, Andy Smith, who has worked as a penciller for major comic book publishers such as Marve, DC, Image, Acclaim, and CrossGen Entertainment.

An alternate cover exclusive to comic stores of issue #1 features a specially commissioned cover by comics' artist Liam Sharp, who has worked on titles including, Hulk, X-Men, Spider Man, Venom, Gears of War, Superman, Batman, and Spawn: The Dark Ages.

WWE Heroes #1 on-sale March 23rd 2010.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

Interesting. It'll be interesting to see how wrestling comics will do this time around.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:49 PM

I haven't read any yet, but there have been some done by Chaos! Comics, Marvel, & other publishers. Hope this goes well & they're affordable of course.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Elite Fan

The ones from Chaos weren't very good.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:28 PM

Oh. Do you have them?
Old 07-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Elite Fan

Harvey Pekar has died. The story is way too long to post entirely, so here's the url
Old 07-12-2010, 12:35 PM

That is sad. Thanks for the link. Were you an American Splendor fan?
Old 07-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Master Fan

Very sad to hear about Pekar's passing. I watched the film about his life which Paul Giamatti played him few years back and how he started out in the comic books. Prayers go out to his wife and his family and friends.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Haven't posted in the comics thread for a while but I thought I would drop this by:

Emma♥Neal
Old 07-15-2010, 06:53 PM

I have to pick up that issue. How was it?
Old 07-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't had a chance to pick up the issue. It was posted at: Kryptonsite
Emma♥Neal
Old 07-15-2010, 08:32 PM

Thanks for link.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:41 AM
Elite Fan

I saw a pic of Blake Lively in the movie too, but it was tiny and crappy resolution.