Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2006, 04:49 PM
Elite Fan

Okay. I just got back from watching X3, and I thought it was awesome. Sure it isn't some complex, mind-engaging plot, but it's good at what it is: a cool action movie with increasingly bigger fight scenes and action.

There is quite a large body count too, and that's something that I was surprised by. It seems that every other scene someone is getting killed or 'cured', and I was loving every minute of it. Also, a word of advice: stay through the credits. There is a sweet little scene at the end that is more than worth your wait.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cool poster. I have to wait for the crowds to die down a bit before I go see X3. I heard a lot about it. And I'll definitely stay through the credits.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Elite Fan

It's worth the wait...at least I thought so.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Passionate Fan

I just saw X3 today. It didn't have the emotional connection that the previous two films had but I still liked it. I too was shocked by the number of deaths and transformations. They definitely went all out to wrap the series plot up. James Marsden & Anna Paquin had such minor roles I was surprised they came back to film this movie.

I liked Kitty Pryde. I wouldn't mind seeing her and Bobby pop up in another X-Men related movie.

The trailer for Ghost Rider was awesome. I still have my reservations about Nicholas Cage but the flaming skull and bike effects looked great. Too bad this movie is still a year away...it feels like I've been waiting forever for this to come out.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
James Marsden & Anna Paquin had such minor roles I was surprised they came back to film this movie.
And they're my own personal favorites. Oh well, things can't always go my way.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:28 PM
Loyal Fan

SO I watched X3....

Ehh...

Watching this one really made me enjoy the first two even more. It felt as iff so much was going on and yet nothing ended up happening at all. Too many things were rushed, the dialouge was horrible and stilted, and Jean's measley 7 lines totally disappointed me.

Though it was a pretty good laugh and I liked how they made Storm more of an actual character rather than a wallflower. (Well Jean took that role this time.)

As for the Superman movie, the only reasons I'll be watching it are for Bryan Singer and Kevin Spacey. Those are the only reasons.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
As for the Superman movie, the only reasons I'll be watching it are for Bryan Singer and Kevin Spacey. Those are the only reasons.
Add Kal Penn, and you've got my reasons.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

I agree that the movie didn't have the emotional connection of the first 2, but it wasn't that kind of movie. I think they did try to stuff too much in to a two hour movie though. That resulted in stuff being very truncated and some characters getting shortchanged. I didn't care about Rogue though...I've never really liked her character in the movie.

It picked up $120 million over the holiday weekend though. That should guarantee more comics adaptations get made.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiberty Maniac
Agreed. I'm so excited for Kevin Spacey to play Lex Luthor. He does such a great job, just from watching the clips. As far as the rest of the movie...I hope they can pull it off. I still cant see Kate Bosworth as Lois.

Gah. I saw X-3 on Friday, but did not stay throught the credits. What was it, anyway? Looks like I have an "excuse" to see it again.

I was very disappointed in the scene with Jean/Scott. We didn't even get to see her kill him...wtf?

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 05-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think KB as Lois might be a good thing. The character can get really annoying (at least for me). I think Kate might soften and temper the character a little. Sort of like Kristen Bell does with Veronica Mars.

I'll admit I was very against the movie at first. It took Bryan Singer away from X-Men
And I think it's what cut down Cyclop's airtime since James Marsden is in the film. (I wish Singer had offered Famke J. a part now. ) And Christopher Reeve's death and seeing all that old footage again made me resent that there was a new Superman.

Now I'm OK. I'm becoming more open minded about it.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Elite Fan

Well, I love Kate. Really. But like you said, Lois' character is annoying, to say the least...and I just can't see it. But I'm willing to give her a chance.

I've kind of always pictured Courtney Cox as Lois Lane for some reason. An...older version, of course.

Old 06-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know Kate's work at all. So I'm kind of a blank slate going into Superman.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:56 AM
Elite Fan

I liked her in Blue Crush, plus she was on Young Americans...one of my all time favorite 'cancelled too soon' shows.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:35 AM
Elite Fan

Blue Crush was good. Never seen Young Americans, though. The only other movies I remember her being in were Remember The Titans, The Rules of Attraction, and Win a Date with Tad Hamilton. So, she's played a different variety of roles.

Old 06-03-2006, 06:07 AM
Elite Fan

I forgot about Win a Date With Tad Hamilton. She was pretty good in that too. So was Topher Grace, another soon to be comic book movie actor.