Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2004, 02:26 PM
Elite Fan

On The Best Damn Sports Show Period Ron Perlman confirmed that there is going to be a sequel to Hellboy.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Total Fan

Far as I know, Perlman and Selma Blair (at least) are already contracted for the sequel as well.

It's confirmed, Tim Story of Barbershop fame will be directing Fantastic Four. Michael Chiklis (The Shield) and Tim Robbins (Mystic River) are up for Ben Grimm/Thing and Doctor Doom, respectively.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

I saw Hellboy on opening night....

I can't really describe how I feel about it exactly. I liked the characters a lot (Perlman rocked as Hellboy, IMO), but the plot didn't engage me, and it kept me from getting too caught up in the movie.

And was it just me, or did the movie seem much shorter than it's actual run time?

I had a lot on my mind when I saw it, maybe I was distracted. It would be interesting to see it again, I could end up feeling differently. But I'm on to Punisher next week.

[ 04-08-2004: Message edited TheCheshireKitten ]

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 02:20 AM
Total Fan

Hellboy did seem slow at times, but initial movies in a comic-to-film franchise tend to be awkward. X-Men/Spider-man felt a bit slow in taking off, though X2 was entirely more natural (if too episodic).

Punisher has really hooked me; run through the soundtrack at least a dozen times already, and the trailer at least twice that. Once I get a few bucks in my pocket, need to set myself up with a shirt and poster combo. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

------------------------------------------------

It's been confirmed, Marvel is doing a Deadpool film.

Quote:
Marvel Confirms Deadpool
"Definitely" coming soon to theaters.

April 07, 2004 - Marvel Studios exec Kevin Feige says in an interview in Wizard Magazine #151 that "Deadpool is one of our favorite characters. It'll definitely find its way to the screen in the near future."

IGN FilmForce broke the news that New Line Cinema is angling to bring the Marvel anti-hero to the big-screen via its Blade: Trinity team of director David Goyer and actor Ryan Reynolds. Comics scribe Mark Millar is said to be the frontrunner to script the project.

Sources advised us last week that progress on Deadpool will be slow until Goyer can complete work on Blade: Trinity, which recently moved to a December 10th, 2004 bow from its original August date.

Edited: Forgot to finish the post. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ 04-09-2004: Message edited Headhunter ]
Old 04-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by nikescream:
<STRONG>

I'd have to say the Keaton Batmans and Conan The Barbarian are at the top of my list.

</STRONG>
ok, coming in very late here, but hey. i ditto this post. michelle pfieffer (er how the hell do you spell that name?) and danny devito were superb. i loved the atrmosphere of batman returns- so dark and just a little bit pervy [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] . and conan is one of my favourite films. i also love red sonja but i probably shouldn't admit that [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2004, 09:54 AM
Total Fan

Full Spider-man 2 trailer is up.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackfaith:
<STRONG> . and conan is one of my favourite films. i also love red sonja but i probably shouldn't admit that [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I loved Conan the Barbarian. I also liked Red Sonja as well, but I couldn't really tell you why. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2004, 05:07 PM
Total Fan

Conan didn't do it for me, though I'm interested in seeing King Conan when it's finally done in a few years.

Black Widow is a go!

Quote:
Who Might Be Engaged to Black Widow?

April 07, 2004 - IGN FilmForce has learned that Lions Gate Entertainment is wasting no time in setting up its latest Marvel Comics film adaptation, Black Widow. We've been able to confirm that X-Men screenwriter David Hayter is in the early stages of negotiations to write and direct the espionage thriller.

Our source advised us that fans can expect Black Widow to be a "low budget" project set during the Cold War, which is in keeping with the Marvel character's comic book roots.

Hayter's reps confirmed that he's in talks for the project but that "no deal" has been made yet and that Black Widow is "pretty far off" in the making.

Black Widow would mark Hayter's feature film directing debut unless, of course, he finally makes Watchmen first.

The Marvel Directory reminds us that, after the death of her husband, the KGB trained Natasha Romanoff "to become the spy known as the Black Widow." She later "offered her services to SHIELD, which has made use of her talents on numerous occasions." Black Widow often tangled with Iron Man, and has been involved with both Daredevil and Hawkeye.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Crow:
<STRONG>

I loved Conan the Barbarian. I also liked Red Sonja as well, but I couldn't really tell you why. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
maybe i loved it for the same reason
Old 04-12-2004, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

Well, I loved Conan for Ah-nuld....that and the scene where Thulsa Doom shoots the woman with the snake.

I have no real reason for Red Sonja...it's like Killer Klowns From Outer Space...I just like it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2004, 12:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

the thief in conan is one of my all time favourite characters, such a shame she died. i really want to be her, apart from the dying thing..er and the shagging arnie part.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Since another thread has been started, I'm going to close this one. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]