Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2006, 06:14 AM
Elite Fan

It does sound like fun. I might try to hit Atomic comics that day.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:21 AM
Elite Fan

From Newsrama:

Quote:
DC Comics and Marvel Comics are taking their long-standing friendly rivalry to the most honorable of all battlefields—the softball diamond!

The two comic juggernauts will face off against each other in a charity softball game at Comic-Con International: San Diego that benefits A.C.T.O.R., A Commitment To Our Roots. The game itself will take place:

Thursday, July 20
3 PM
Morley Field at Balboa Park

Admission to the game is absolutely free! Come and watch, and enjoy seeing which of your favorite comic book stars are actually all-stars! The game will be held at Morley Field at San Diego's historic Balboa Park, only a 10 minute drive from the convention center. If you prefer not to drive, a $15 donation to A.C.T.O.R. gets you round-trip bus transport transportation and goodies courtesy of Dynamic Forces.

Check out Welcome To Dynamic Forces to buy shuttle tickets online NOW!

X-Men Editor Mike Marts, who captains the Marvel team, said, “Forget market share or who gets more coverage in Wizard. This is about batting averages, on-base percentage and home runs! Now we’ll REALLY see whose number one, and the best part is, we get to help a great cause in A.C.T.O.R. along the way.”

DC Executive Editor Dan DiDio, who will lead the DC Bullets into action, said “We can't wait. I already have our staff and freelancers loosening up and ready to play. This should be a great time for a great cause.”

The game itself will not be without consequence. The jersey of the losing team’s captain will be presented to the winners immediately after the game, and displayed as a war trophy at the winner’s convention booth the entire weekend. Rumors of “loser buys beer” are as of yet unconfirmed, but let’s face facts—it’s kind of an unwritten rule of softball.

Fans of both Marvel and DC will get to show their allegiance as well, as one slot on each team will be reserved for fans! Two eBay auctions benefiting A.C.T.O.R. will be conducted, with the winning bidder on each winning the right to take the field with the pros. Autographed softballs and team jerseys will also be made available through auctions and raffles.

“Mets vs. Yankees is kid stuff,” said Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada. “This is the rivalry of the millennium! Blood will be spilled, beer shall be drunk, and all will have a great time.”

For more information on San Diego Comic-Con, visit Welcome to Comic-Con International: San Diego!.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

In the olden days, I would have seen that as Marvel=White Sox, DC=Cubs. Now, I'm not so sure.

And not to be mean, but it could be pretty funny since I can't picture any of those guys as athletes. But then again, Dan DiDio mentioned the ringers.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

It would be a fun one to watch and/or participate in.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It does sound like fun. I'd play for the team I'd want to lose. I'm pretty bad at softball.

From playthings.com

Quote:
LOS ANGELES and KANSAS CITY, Mo.—Tokyopop Inc., publisher of manga in the U.S., and mobile entertainment provider uclick have teamed to provide Tokyopop Mobile manga, downloadable manga for mobile phone users worldwide.

This manga application will play Tokyopop Japanese graphic titles in their original multi-panel format on mobile phones. Uclick has also developed a subscription application that offers new manga content to users each day.

Marc Honorof, director of Tokyopop Digital, tells playthings.com that they are in the works to develop promotional campaigns in store with related titles and product to help promote the new mobile service. The manga fan is the ideal demographic for the content hungry mobile consumer,” says Honorof. “It gives us a chance to continue to innovate, while providing the opportunity to extend our reach to teens and young adults who may only have a cursory knowledge of manga and hopefully convert them to become fans.”

The service will launch second quarter, and the first wave will include titles: "Princess
Ai," "ShutterBox," "PSY-COMM," "Peach Fuzz," "Van Von Hunter," and "Dramacon." uclick and Tokyopop will also offer wallpapers and animations featuring favorite characters from each title

According to uclick Mobile Content Director Jeff Webber, "We are excited about getting this application into the hands of manga fans and know they will be responsive to the Tokyopop brand, leaders in the field of manga and youth entertainment. This is just the start and we look forward to bringing on more titles soon."

Honorof adds that hopefully the program will attract even more fans to manga. “We are launching with several genres and demographic targets to see where we have the best uptake,” he says. “There'll be a manga for everyone! Once we start to digest empirical data, we'll refine our new releases, but we'll always continue to support our fans of all ages and genders.”

Last edited by wanderer78; 07-13-2006 at 11:23 AM
Old 07-17-2006, 06:04 AM
Elite Fan

From Newsrama:

Quote:
Atomic Comics, an Arizona-based comic book retailer, is celebrating the launch of its all-new web site with an "Atomic Giveaway" and the grand prize is a trip to New York City to spend the day with Joe Quesada of Marvel Comics as editor-in-chief for a day. Other prizes include being scripted in as a villain in an upcoming issue of The Marvel Universe written by Allan Heinberg and a $1,000 shopping spree at the Atomic Comics Superstore in Mesa, Ariz.

Atomic Comics is bringing its huge promotional van to San Diego for Comic-Con International and will be making scheduled stops around downtown San Diego with special industry guests who will be signing autographs and meeting fans (complete schedule is included below).

"San Diego Comic-Con is the biggest event in the comic book universe so we've timed the launch of our new web site to coincide with the convention," says Mike Malve, owner of Atomic Comics. "We're bringing our new van which is tricked out with Marvel characters and I've asked some of the top talent in the industry to join us for the celebration."

One of the highlights of the promotional tour will be the graffiti art showdown featuring comic book artists Jim Mahfood and David Mack, who will be freestyle drawing to the sounds of hip-hop music. Special guest Chuck D, the influential lead rapper of Public Enemy and Air America radio host, will be on hand to meet fans and sign copies of the new Public Enemy comic book being published by American Mule Entertainment.

Additional van stop guests include writer Jeph Loeb (X-Men, Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, TV's Lost, Smallville, upcoming ABC drama Heroes), artist Patrick Scherberger (Marvel Adventures Spider-Man), Mexican penciller Humberto Ramos (Wolverine, Impulse, The Spectacular Spider-Man, Crimson), English writer Paul Jenkins (The Incredible Hulk, Hellblazer, The Darkness, Wolverine), writer Ed Brubaker (Batman, Daredevil, Captain America, Catwoman, X-Men: Deadly Genesis) and others.

Fans interested in the Atomic Giveaway must register online at Welcome to Atomic Comics beginning July 20. Full contest rules are posted on the web site.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Very cool. A $1000 shopping spree sounds so sweet.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

From Newsrama:
Quote:

The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan and TOKYOPOP Join Hands to
Fulfill a Young Girl's Wish

TOKYOPOP Proudly Presents

REIGN OVER DESTINY

Debuting at San Diego Comic-Con 2006

All-New Manga Created by Tessa Victoria Weyh and Blaer Ransburg, with Art by Mara Aum

When 16-year-old Tessa Victoria Weyh, diagnosed with a brain tumor, was given the opportunity to request a wish from the Make-A-Wish Foundation(r), she did not have to think very long. A lifelong fan of TOKYOPOP manga, the Detroit native's wish was to create and publish her own manga. Now, TOKYOPOP is proud to announce the release of Reign over Destiny, the all-new original manga by Tessa Victoria Weyh, Blaer Ransburg (Tessa's best friend since 7th grade), and artist Mara Aum, a recent Savannah College of Art and Design graduate. A 20-page pilot of Reign Over Destiny will debut exclusively on TOKYOPOP - Leading the Manga Revolution July 2006.

The Make-A-Wish Foundation, the largest wish-granting charity in the world, grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.

"When Make-A-Wish comes into your life, one doesn't think about being sick, one thinks about the whole wide world and his or her part in it," said Tessa "I began writing Reign Over Destiny with Blaer in middle school, as a way to express a fantastical life. The characters have taken me to so many exciting places in this story that my dream is to
give those places along with the characters, a true form in which to live. I thank Make-A-Wish and TOKYOPOP for making it happen."

"The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan is incredibly grateful to TOKYOPOP for helping to make Tessa's dream become a reality. Not only have they helped to ensure her manga gets published, they have also gone over, above and beyond to provide a wonderful and memorable experience for Tessa and her family at Comic-Con 2006," said Jeannette Tarcha, Director of Media and Public Relations for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan.

In a word from Jeremy Ross, Director of Manga Development at TOKYOPOP, "When Make-A-Wish first approached us with Tessa's wish for her Reign Over Destiny story to be made into a manga, we realized that it was our destiny to turn her dream into reality. Tessa's compelling letter touched our hearts and her manga story excited our editorial team. Everything came together when Tessa met artist Mara Aum. Mara worked night and day making Tessa's world come to life on the page -- ensuring that every detail reflects her vision."

To learn more about Tessa and her manga, Reign Over Destiny, TOKYOPOP invites you to join Tessa and her family at San Diego Comic-Con on July 21 at 2:00pm in Panel Room #9.

Last edited by The Crow; 07-21-2006 at 10:28 AM
Old 07-21-2006, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

This isn't enough to change the topic for, but you can see the new DC Comics Postal Stamps here.

In case anyone cares, Marvel stomped DC 22-11 in softball. There's a story about it here.

Last edited by The Crow; 07-21-2006 at 10:55 AM
Old 08-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

This kind of made me sad:

Quote:

Official Press Release

After almost fourteen years and more than 300 issues — one of the longest runs in the history of independent comics — publisher Claypool Comics is telling the world of print, “Thank you and farewell.” After ELVIRA, MISTRESS OF THE DARK #166 (shipping in February 2007), SOULSEARCHERS AND COMPANY #82 (also shipping in February), and DEADBEATS #82 (shipping in March), Claypool will cut back its line to DEADBEATS alone and put new adventures of that series’ vampire-haunted world on the Internet. Claypool’s trade-paperback comics collections (under the Boffin Books imprint) and back issues will remain available as long as supplies last.

Claypool’s shift from paper to bytes comes after a long struggle for sales. In November, 2005, Diamond Comics Distributors — the major distributor of comic books in the United States — gave Claypool some alarming news: Claypool wasn’t selling enough comics to meet Diamond’s guidelines for profitable distribution. Diamond and Claypool teamed up for a string of promotional efforts, including free comics for retailers, plus various flyers and posters. Claypool’s sales rose, but not far or fast enough. In July of 2006, after discussions with Diamond executives, Claypool publisher Ed Via and editor Richard Howell decided to publish DEADBEATS exclusively on the World Wide Web. The other titles will cease publication indefinitely.

Diamond has graciously guaranteed that the Claypool line will be allowed to finish out its run with enough time to bring both SOULSEARCHERS and DEADBEATS to exciting story resolutions, ensuring that long-time readers won’t be disappointed. ELVIRA — starring the famous video hostess in tales by Kurt Busiek, Paul Dini (in his first comics work), Steve Leialoha, Jim Mooney, Dave Cockrum, John Heebink, Neil Vokes, Mike Manley, and many others — will spend its final issues continuing its tradition of short story arcs and single-issue tales. To emphasize the momentousness of the event, the final issues of each series will feature “Countdown to the End” cover bullets.

SOULSEARCHERS — created by Howell and best-selling writer Peter David, with art by (among others) Amanda Conner, Dave Cockrum, Joe Staton, and Jim Mooney — features a team of comedically-inept supernatural investigators. Currently, the Soulsearchers are banned from operating their business in their home town of Mystic Grove, Connecticut; nevertheless, they’re tracking down a mysterious, mystical nexus that has been appearing at various places within the town limits.

DEADBEATS, the title moving online, features a gang of passionate vampires and the mortals who try to destroy them. Created, written, and penciled by Howell and inked by Ricardo Villagran, the book features a combination of horror and romance reminiscent of the classic television series Dark Shadows, with enough lusty eroticism to satisfy even the most dedicated Anne Rice fan. The cast of DEADBEATS is battling against an imminent doom predicted from the future, which will destroy almost everyone in Mystic Grove, human and vampire alike, and leave the town a place of despair and desolation. Readers can find new DEADBEATS adventures at the Claypool website (claypoolcomics.com), beginning early in 2007.

To facilitate the reformatting of DEADBEATS series and preparing the way for new readers, Claypool will be publishing an additional BEST OF DEADBEATS (exact title TBA) trade paperback collection in February 2007, reprinting the series’ most important issues. This volume will also feature new material and will be the perfect introduction to the DEADBEATS continuity.

Howell and Via founded Claypool in 1992. They began with SOULSEARCHERS, ELVIRA, and DEADBEATS, as well as the twelve-issue miniseries PHANTOM OF FEAR CITY by Steve Englehart and a variety of artists, including fan-favorite George Perez. The company’s focus on the supernatural anticipated such modern hits as Walking Dead, Fear Agent, and Hellboy.

Claypool’s Richard Howell says, “We’ve been working with Diamond to get our comics out to more stores in more quantity, but ultimately we had to surrender to reality: There’s too much competing product out there for the customer base, the retail base, and the distribution chain — and we’re a small, black-and-white line of offbeat, almost uncategorizable comics. Based on the commitment and intensity of our fans, we’re convinced that our books fulfill a need in the marketplace. We’re just not reaching enough of those readers — or reaching them consistently enough — in their current format. Moving DEADBEATS to the Internet will allow us to reach more levels of the potential readership, lower our overhead, and open new routes towards bringing Claypool-style narrative sensibility to those who’d value it.”

Diamond Vice President for Purchasing Bill Schanes adds, “We'd like to thank everyone at Claypool for all their efforts over the years and wish them the best of success with their future endeavors.”

Claypool Comics wants to extend its warmest wishes and gratitude to the many writers, artists, retailers, fans, and others who have helped Claypool over the company’s fourteen-year odyssey. Their loyalty and support have made Claypool one of the most respected publishers in comics, and Claypool’s staff hopes that they will continue to follow DEADBEATS online.

See you on the Net!
Old 08-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never really thought of wanting to make a comic book as a "Make a Wish" thing. That's a nice idea.

Cool deal with Marvel winning. I guess I'm still a fan b/c I was happy to hear it. The part about Esad Ribic made me

And I agree, it's had about Claypool ending. I'm still hoping they'll be able to come back out to the print market again.

Quote:
X-Men: The Last Stand X-plodes onto DVD

Jam-packed with x-traordinary x-tras, the X-Men: The Last Stand DVD is entertainment evolved. With an uncanny amount of special features, the new X-film DVD will even have three never-before-seen alternate endings!

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment is pleased to announce that X-Men: The Last Stand, which since its May 26 theatrical opening has grossed over $233 million at the domestic box office, will arrive on DVD on October 3rd in two extras-laden special editions.

The single-disc DVD release includes: three alternate endings, each with optional commentary by director Brett Ratner; 10 deleted scenes; audio commentaries from Ratner, the writers and the producers; a preview of the upcoming Ben Stiller movie A Night at the Museum; and two hidden "Easter eggs," one of Beast reciting Shakespeare and the other of the X-Jet landing in Washington.

The second DVD is a collector's edition that includes an exclusive 100-page commemorative comic book with an all-new story written by Marvel Comics guru Stan "The Man" Lee. It is his first original Marvel comic book in five years.

All three X-Men movies will be packed together into one trilogy pack in the future.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

From Newsrama:

Quote:
How can we put this?

Jeph Loeb.

Michael Turner.

Ultimate.

Wolverine.

That's the news coming out of today's Saturday’s Ultimate Panel at WizardWorld: Chicago. Both of these Marvel exclusive talents were announced at last year's show at this very venue, and speculation has been rampant on their potential collaboration and the extent of Turner's upcoming work with the House of Ideas. So far glimpsed only in some eye-popping covers for Wolverine: Origin [to your right] and Civil War, this (for the moment) six-issue limited series marks Turner's first interiors work for Marvel but a return to his frequent collaborator and friend in Loeb.

Superstar casting aside, Jeph Loeb has always maintained that his work is "all about the story". One has to wonder what story or idea drew him and Turner to this character and ultimately this mini-series.

"It's a chance to create something new with a character who is so familiar to the readership and to the public at large," said Loeb. "Michael Turner and I were at a dinner with [Marvel Editor-in-Chief] Joe Quesada in Los Angeles and were batting around ideas. Mike's sketchbook of the X-Men had just appeared in Wizard and it was very much on my mind. But the Marvel Universe is very tied together and interrupting any X-book is a complicated process, which is one of the reasons why I'm drawn to the Ultimate Universe. It's still small enough and new enough that creatively we can do something that is, for want of a better word, groundbreaking."

Groundbreaking's a good word to describe an Ultimate Wolverine mini0series with superstars Jeph Loeb and Michael Turner, and that's before even talking about the book itself.

"We were chasing a lot of ideas -- that's the joy of working with Joe Quesada, he's as good a writer as he is an artist -- when he hit on it... ’Ultimate Origin’. I just lit up and turned to Mike who was already spouting out dozens of ideas that it became very exciting right in the moment."

Will the story play off of or relate to Loeb's Lost colleague Damon Lindelof's Ultimate Hulk / Wolverine mini-series?

"How could it not? It's the first real exploration of the character in the present day sense and Damon's is such a gifted writer that I'm sure there are whole scenes I'll be ripping off," Loeb said with a laugh. "Seriously, though, he's laid some very powerful groundwork that will be extremely helpful in what we want to do both in the present and the past."

The character of Wolverine is one very familiar to Loeb. With an upcoming stint on the Marvel Universe's Wolverine title with Simon Bianchi and previous works on the character in the mid 90s, the adamantium-appendaged mutant is one that's surely been on Loeb's mind in recent months. One would wonder for Loeb if there is some kind of switch he flips, or different muscles he uses to craft a story for the Marvel Universe Wolverine with Bianchi and the Ultimate Universe Wolverine with Turner.

"Different artists and different characters," Loeb said bluntly. "In terms of storytelling, the Simone project is not a story I would tell with Turner and vice-versa. And of equal importance is the differences between the two characters."

"The Marvel Wolverine has been around for something like a few hundred years," said Loeb. "James (the Ultimate Wolverine) is a much younger character -- his roots don't go much further back than World War II and so whatever story we tell will be paced by the immediacy of his origins. It's really exciting."

But one has to ask, how the two iterations of Wolverine, James in the Ultimate universe and Logan in the Marvel Universe, match up. Loeb's obviously spent some time exploring both characters, has a keen awareness of their differences and similarities.

"When you're dealing with Logan [in the Marvel Universe], he's got so much baggage that you have to respect whatever has been done before," said Loeb. "And going into the past, such as the murder of Silver Fox, brings you to a town like Deadwood -- he always will have a historical context to his origin. It's part of the charm of the character."

"[Ultimate Wolverine] James, however, didn't come from that world. As much as I like what Jenkins and Kubert did on Origin, I always tease Joe Quesada that it read like a Dickens novel, David Copperfield as Wolverine," laughs Loeb. "

"In truth, I was just in awe of what they did and so if I don't joke about it, I'll be overwhelmed by it! So, I'm focusing more on the Ian Fleming [creator of James Bond] of the story. I like that James' story hasn't been fully explored yet, so we can go in any direction -- and with Turner, that's how you keep him engaged. Give him something ... unexpected."

Obtuse as he may be, Loeb did talk a little bit about what readers can look forward to in his Ultimate Wolverine run with Turner.

"I don't want to give away too much of what we're doing. I will only say that the similarities between the two [Wolverines] is that they are both men of great strength and power who are defined by the tragic circumstances of their love life. Think of On Her Majesty's Secret Service where James Bond actually got married and for the briefest of moments found happiness until tragedy struck. Death and love seem to hunt both of these characters and we'll see with James why that is -- and why it is so interwoven into the character."

With the disclosure of Turner's reoccurring medical condition at this year's San Diego Comic-con, critics and concerned fans are bound to wonder how it will affect this project. When asked about his friend and collaborator's status, Loeb was confidently optimistic.

"Mike's a champion, a true hero and if he says we're going, so we're going. My biggest problem is catching up with him!" exclaimed Loeb.

Loeb and Turner have shared a friendship for a number of years, and have collaborated on titles such as Superman/Batman for DC and Turner's own Soulfire at Aspen. But put their two names with Wolverine in any universe, and it's bound to be their biggest work to date.

Given Turner's renown for drawing the female form in titles such as Witchblade, Fathom and later Supergirl we asked Jeph Loeb why Michael's the go-to guy for this project in particular.

"Actually, I think of Mike as one of the finest storytellers we have working today," professed Loeb. "Just having him involved in anything makes it an event. He does Flash covers and BOOM -- everybody is reading that book! And what has me delighted is that while we were telling the Supergirl origin in Superman/Batman #8 – 13, it was a Batman and Superman story -- the two biggest male icons there are. I mean, all that's left at that level are Wolverine and Spider-Man."

"When I first saw Mike draw Batman coming out of the water with flames all around him -- in Superman/Batman#8 -- I remember writing into the script that Mike should think of Wolverine in terms of posture and attitude. I wanted Batman to be pissed off and nobody does pissed off better than Logan!" laughs Loeb. "And Turner captured it perfectly!"

…but what about Turner's admitted proficiency at drawing [ahem] women?

"Now, in terms of the babe factor I'm not an idiot -- despite what Geoff Johns might tell you," said Loeb. "The Superman/Batman story had to have Wonder Woman in it and much of the action played out on Amazon Island home of the Uberbabes. And we had Barda... homina, hominah, hominah."

“Hominah” indeed…

But how does it transfer to Ultimate Wolverine?

"Fortunately, Wolverine goes through women like ninjas, so I don't think finding strong female characters who devastate our hero will be difficult," quipped Loeb with a smirk. "And you can bet that Mike's depiction of them will devastate our readers!"
Old 08-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm shocked that it's taken this long for an Ultimate Wolverine solo title. I admire Marvel's restraint.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

From Comic Book Resources:

Quote:
"CIVIL WAR" TO SEE DELAYS
by Jonah Weiland, Executive Producer
Posted: August 15, 2006
Marvel Comics told comic retailers Tuesday afternoon that their highly succesful "Civil War" series will see some significant delays. Issue #4, originally schedued to ship tomorrow, has been moved back to September 20th, with issue #5 moving from an October release date to November 15th. Marvel issued the following corrections to their shipping list.

Over the next few weeks, the CIVIL WAR proper title and a few of the tie in books that are closely related to the story in the main book will be shipping later than originally planned. In an attempt to accommodate the creative team of Millar and McNiven and maintain the artistic integrity and high standards of the event, we will be shifting the following titles:
CIVIL WAR 4 (JUN061952; $2.99) moves to 9/20
CIVIL WAR 4 TURNER VARIANT (JUN061953; $2.99) moves to 9/20
CIVIL WAR 4 TURNER SKETCH VARIANT (APR068201; $2.00) moves to 9/20
FANTASTIC FOUR 540 (JUN061961; $2.99) moves to 9/20
CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE 6 (JUN061955; $2.99) moves to 9/27
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 535 (JUN061938; $2.99) moves to 9/27

CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE 7 (JUL061956; $2.99) moves to 10/11

CIVIL WAR 5 (JUL061952; $2.99) moves to 11/15
CIVIL WAR 5 TURNER VARIANT (JUL061953; $2.99) moves to 11/15
CIVIL WAR 5 TURNER SKETCH VARIANT (JUL061954; $2.00) moves to 11/15
CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE 8 (JUL061957; $2.99) moves to 11/22
PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL 1 (JUL061988; $2.99) moves to 11/22
PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL 1(Black & White)(JUL061989; $2.99) moves to 11/22
FANTASTIC FOUR 541 (JUL061965; $2.99) moves to 11/22
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 536 (JUL061941; $2.99) moves to 11/22

CIVIL WAR 6 (AUG062033; $2.99) moves to 12/20
CIVIL WAR 6 TURNER VARIANT (AUG062034; $2.99) moves to 12/20
CIVIL WAR 6 TURNER SKETCH VARIANT (AUG062035; $2.00) moves to 12/20
CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE 9 (AUG062036; $2.99) moves to 12/20
PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL 2 (AUG062066; $2.99) moves to 12/28

CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE 10 (AUG062037; $2.99) moves to 1/4/07
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 537 (AUG062018; $2.99) moves to 1/4/07
FANTASTIC FOUR 542 (AUG062045; $2.99) moves to 1/4/07

NOT YET SOLICITED
CIVIL WAR 7 moves to 1/17/07
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 538 moves to 1/24/07
FANTASTIC FOUR 543 moves to 1/24/07

NEW ADDITIONS TO THE CIVIL WAR CHECKLIST!
BLACK PANTHER 23 CW December 2006
CIVIL WAR: WAR CRIMES December 2006 ONE SHOT
BLACK PANTHER 24 CW January 2007
BLACK PANTHER 25 CW February 2007
CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE 11 February 2007

Additionally, beginning in November, some Marvel titles will be branded as "Casulaties of War," similar to the "Road to Civil War" branding titles leading up to the mini-series received. Those titles are:

MOON KNIGHT 7
CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER SPECIAL (December)
IRON MAN/CAPTAIN AMERICA SPECIAL (December)
MOON KNIGHT 8 (December)
BLADE 5 (January)
MOON KNIGHT 9 (January)
Old 08-25-2006, 10:32 AM
Elite Fan

From Newsrama

Quote:
As (albeit quietly) announced last year when the US postal Service released information on the then-forthcoming DC Comics stamps, Marvel Comics characters will have their own stamp series in 2007, featuring both Marvel characters in portrait shots and classic covers.

The characters that will be appearing on the stamps were recently named, with the word of the characters coming via the Virtual Stamp Club message boards. The ten characters that will be featured are:

• Spider-Man
• The Incredible Hulk
• Sub-Mariner
• The Thing
• Captain America
• Silver Surfer
• Spider-Woman
• Iron Man
• Elektra
• Wolverine

The selection follows the list of characters that made it on to the DC stamps, following the eight male and two female breakdown, showing individual heroes and no groups or teams - sorry, Champions fans. While opinions on the character blend will be widely varied, undoubtedly, the characters that will cause the greatest amount of discussion are Spider-Woman and Elektra...as neither of which are exactly what one could call "heroes" in the strictest sense.

Designs of the stamps and the day the stamps are to be put on sale will be announced by the U.S. Postal Service at a later time, but given the reception the DC stamps had at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, a first day of sale coinciding with the 2007 edition of SDCC seems likely.