Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2004, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Comic Movies #2 -Where Joel Schumacher is Satan's handmaiden!

The other thread reached 250 posts, so I thought I'd start another thread. I hope no one minds. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting a new thread. I like the title to this one too [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 12:30 PM
Elite Fan

There is a Thomas Jane interview here, and a John Travolta interview here.

Be warned though...there's some adult language in the Jane interview. He drops a few F-bombs.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I think I'll be OK w/ the Jane interview.

My original title for the topic was going to be "Where Joel Schumacher is Satan's b!tch". I decided to keep t clean though.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

Hehe...That would have been just as good I think [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman - Here's a link to a cool WP I found on the CC board. She's probably the first actress up for the role that I've been OK with. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2004, 01:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

oooh yes, she'd be great. shes got the bod and the attitude [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2004, 10:52 AM
Elite Fan

Mmm...Wonder Woman will forever make me think of The O.C. and Rachel Bilson...

But, I do think that CC would make a pretty good Wonder Woman. She does have 'the look', and it's not like she's really doing much of anything.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2004, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

From VideoStoreMag.com:

Quote:
‘Hellboy’ Helmer Hopes to Bow Two DVDs
Author: FRED TOPEL

Guillermo del Toro, director of Columbia TriStar/Revolution Studios’ box office hit Hellboy, has always been a fan of DVDs with extensive content. He plans two separate DVD editions of Hellboy, a personal passion project based on his favorite comic book character.

“The first edition is going to be a double disc hopefully, and the second edition is going to be a long cut of the movie, 20 minutes added, and you add a third disc to it,” del Toro said. “I think you have the chance of the more casual fan just buying the first one, and the guy who really is hardcore going for the second one.”

The extra scenes will develop subplots with one of the villains, Rasputin (Karel Roden), and a love triangle with Hellboy (Ron Perlman), Liz Sherman (Selma Blair) and Agent Myers (Rupert Evans). In the film, there is only one scene where Sherman and Myers seem to be developing a romantic relationship that makes Hellboy jealous.

“There is a little subplot that was taken from the movie that involved Rasputin’s eyes,” del Toro said. “That adds a layer of strangeness and beauty to him. There are more scenes between Selma and Rupert, and there’s a little bit more of being able to follow those subplots. I feel that they couldn’t be in the movie because the theatrical cut has to be a cut that moves to a pace that any casual fan or nonfan can enjoy, and the DVD is hardcore.”

Actress Blair, whose screen time was dramatically cut for the omission of the subplot, recognized the difference between the two versions. “They just didn’t see the need to strengthen that relationship as much in this film,” Blair said. “It would just be too much torture for Hellboy. It would just be too distracting. And I think it works with Liz being more of a presence, instead of having her more realized.”

Del Toro’s plans for additional features will be consistent with his past special editions, like Blade II. “I think that if you’re a casual fan, it will feel like we went beyond the call of duty, but if you’re a fan or you’re going to study the movie and really have a great, healthy peek behind the scenes, you’re going to get that,” del Toro said. “In my mind, DVDs are the cheaper, more direct route to film school for people who cannot afford the $30,000 tuition fee. I plan to make it very candid, like Blade II was a candid type of commentary and look behind the scenes, and very informative and very incredibly exhausting.”

The release dates for the DVD editions are still only tentative. “They’re talking about August for the first one and December for the second one, but anything can move,” del Toro said. “Nothing’s set in stone.”
I'll probably wait for the extended edition, mainly because I love to get the DVDs that are packed with extras that take a long time to pore over. Kind of like the extended cuts of the LOTR movies.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:57 AM
Elite Fan

There is a review for The Punisher at Film Jerk.

And, there is an interview with John Travolta and Thomas Jane at UGO.com.

[ 04-15-2004: Message edited The Crow ]
Old 04-15-2004, 06:59 AM
Elite Fan

From MovieHole:

Quote:
Elektra Will be Wearing Something More Familiar

I think she has such a rich storyline of her own and we’re really mining that storyline in this movie. A lot of the Frank Miller stuff for Elektra, really using it. It's quite dark. I mean, her story is quite dark. She's an assassin. She's an assassin for hire, she's a woman for hire although we don't go there in this movie. But as far as what would be different, I don't know. I think it will be its own thing naturally.

I think that the wardrobe so far seems to be more reminiscent of what people associate with Elektra, although what I wore in Daredevil, she wears all kinds of different things. She's known mostly for this red outfit that you can't seem to wear any underwear underneath, so we could never quite figure out how to make it work. But she also wears a lot of black, so when we did Daredevil, we were kind of slammed for the wardrobe, but actually it was something taken directly from one of the comic books and now what I'm wearing will be a little more familiar to people who like the comic books.
That is an excerpt from the complete interview. You can read the whole thing by clicking the link, but that is all that was about Elektra.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think they used the "Ultimate" costume for movie Elektra. I didn't mind it, but since I just don't care for Garner in the role; it doesn't really matter what they put her in.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:57 AM
Elite Fan

There are several interviews with various Punisher cast and crew here.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by wanderer78:
<STRONG>I think they used the "Ultimate" costume for movie Elektra. I didn't mind it, but since I just don't care for Garner in the role; it doesn't really matter what they put her in.</STRONG>
I don't really get her in the role either, but that's mainly because every time I saw her in fighting in the movie I thought 'Hey! Sydney's got sai's'.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:04 PM
Total Fan

Hope everyone is checking out The Punisher tonight! I'll have to delay my pilgramage due to illness, but will definitely catch it in the next few days upon recovery.