Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

I hadn't even heard of that movie.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:02 PM
I am a basketball genius!

It's an English spy film directed by Matthew Vaughn & based on the comic by Mark Miller. I was looking at upcoming comic book films & saw it.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:31 AM
Elite Fan

Sounds interesting.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:14 PM

It's a Limited Series. Only 6 issues. Just ended last year. I like that The Rock is playing ''Black Adam'' instead of ''Shazam!'', but we'll see how it goes.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:19 AM
Elite Fan

He wouldn't have been very good as Shazam.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:21 PM

Because he doesn't look the part?
Old 09-15-2014, 06:09 AM
Elite Fan

Well...that too. He just seems like he'd be better playing the villain than the hero in this instance.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:18 PM

Oh. I haven't seen any of his recent films. I'll try to catch ''Hercules'' at some point. Unsure who else I'd like in that villainous role.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

I guess the last Fast and Furious movie is the last movie that I saw The Rock in.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:39 AM
Master Fan

I think he will do great as Black Adam. He can play a villainous role on TV week after week back in his wrestling days I am sure this will be easy for him.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:04 AM
Elite Fan

Here's what happens in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' according to Disney | The Verge
Old 09-16-2014, 01:50 PM

Sounds interesting. James Spader is a terrific actor. Curious to see how this pans out.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm still depressed that they had to change Ultron's origin all because of Edgar Wright's Ant Man movie that Wright ended up leaving in shambles. I'm really not a fan of how they're respecting all the other Avengers but throwing Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne under the bus just because of Edgar Wright's script, making Hank an old man and Janet an off-screen corpse.

The reason that I don't think it makes sense for Tony Stark to create Ultron is because it's just not the kind of technology that Tony Stark would make. Tony is an applied physicist, computer scientist, and an engineer, and he favors user-oriented technology like his Iron Man armor. Tony would consider anything that takes human decisions out of the equation as unreliable. That's why it makes more sense to keep Hank Pym as Ultron's creator. As an expert in quantum physics, biochemistry, robotics, and artificial intelligence, Hank is the one who is more into theoretical, unorthodox technology. It's the difference between a theorist(Pym) and a pragmatist(Stark). They're brilliant scientists, but work in very different fields, and you can't just make them interchangeable just because they're both geniuses. And of course, the only reason Ultron went crazy is because Hank Pym based his programming on his own brainwave patterns, which were becoming unstable due to repeated use of the Pym particles to shrink and grow. Tony doesn't have any instability other than a major issue with alcohol.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 09-17-2014 at 06:42 AM
Old 09-17-2014, 02:06 PM

But, you're still going to watch ''Ant-Man'' right?
Old 09-17-2014, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nope. Not gonna contribute any money to the campaign to desecrate Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne and sell off their storylines like so many spare parts. I'll be crossing my fingers for the movie to flop, but regardless of what happens I'm not going to waste my time with it.