Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know how you all do with 'All Ages' titles, but Lions and Tigers was a great little miniseries that had great art and a fun story. It tells the story of a little boy who's stuffed animals come to life to protect him from the monsters in the closet when he is transported to a 'make believe land' and discovers he has a mysterious connection to it and to the little girl next door. If you're at the shop and see the trade, I highly recommend picking it up.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

I haven't found lullaby anywhere yet but I finally got around to readin Fable, It's amazing honestly, I was expecting, well I don't know what I was expecting but I really didn't think I'd like it..lol If lullaby is anything like fable, I'll have to try harder to find it..

Elsinore sounds interesting,
Old 07-02-2005, 06:54 AM
Elite Fan

I do know that Elsinore is going to have super powered monkeys in one of the later issues according to Previews. That makes it worth reading right there.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

I just got done readind Rising Stars by J. Michael Straczynski, I honestly have to say that JMS is the best writer that I've eer read, and I've read alot of stuff..

I loved Midnight Nation, amazing amazing book one of the first non marvel books I tried, and honestly if it hadn't been good I more than likely would of stuck with marvel.

Rising Stars was amazing, I love the characters, I loved the plot, I loved the ending..I'd highly recommend it to anyone one likes JMS, The best out of all his works that I've read..It pains me to say that but it's true..

His run on spider-man has been some fo the ebst in many many years..not really anything that stands out to me but great spider-man..

I found a copy of lullaby but only part 3, so I'm hoping to find the first two parts, I also found a copy of Elsinore, part 2 though..I'm hoping to find part one, it should be easer than lullaby..

-Joshua
Old 07-06-2005, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

I read mostly DC so I recommend Batman, JLA, Batman/Superman and Wonder Woman. Out of Marvel though I recommend Daredevil and Spider-Man.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've become a big Daredevil fan over the years too.

Joshua, you might like Fables or Y: The Last Man, since you seem to like Vertigo.

Do you guys mind if I combine the two recommendation threads? Only b/c I'm anal retentive and easily confused.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Elite Fan

First off, Lullaby is an excellent comic book. It follows the adventures of a variety of fairy tale characters as they make their way through their various lands on the way to Oz. I highly recommend it.

Also, it's not a comic book, but I just bought the Slings and Arrows Comics Guide, and I think that it is going to provide me with a lot of great reading. It has over 5000 'reviews' of comics from pretty much every publisher. Some are more in depth than others, but I guess that is to be expected. It has a recommended issues section for every series too.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

Certified Cool: Comic Book Recommendations

The old thread bit the dust, so let's fill this one with all the great comics that everyone should be reading.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm loving Jonah Hex right now. If you told me last year that my favorite book would be a DC Western...

Anything by Ed Brubacker, I his Daredevil and Captain America stuff. I can't wait until he gets to Uncanny X-Men.

And I really enjoyed the first Moon Knight issue.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:24 AM
Elite Fan

I forget who writes/draws it, but I loved the first issue of Mouse Guard. It is about a sophisticated society of mice, and the guardian mice that protect travelers between villages/towns. The art is beautiful, and the story is deceptively simplistic. The only gripe I have is that it is an abnormal size. First, it is in widescreen format, and it is shorter and wider than a normal comic. I have no idea how I'm going to store it other than buying a magazine bag and board.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I didn't find a magazine holder for my copy of Mouseguard, but I found out that it is worth $30 bucks, so I cut apart a couple of regular bags and boards and made one.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I was reading in Wizard that they're calling it the new Bone. I can't find it anywhere.

Yep, protect that sucker.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:14 AM
Master Fan

Do any of your recs come bound in graphic novel form? That's what my library carries.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:42 AM
Elite Fan

ONION!

Pick up Supergirl....they're dealing with the Godfall planet again. ROCK!
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Cryostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by onionroach
Do any of your recs come bound in graphic novel form? That's what my library carries.
onion, I'm not sure. I think some of them do. I'll have to look it up.

I have all the recent Supergirl's but I haven't read all of them yet. I read the first "One Year Later" though with the Legion of Superheroes/Supergirl. It was odd b/c she just joined LOSH in the Justice League Unlimited.

I'm really liking the One Year Later books. That's really surprising.