Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2013, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Anne Hathaway was so far the closest to the comics in that she had the right appearance, personality, character traits, and the costume was pretty close with the exception of having no cowl. Michelle Pfeiffer was more Tim Burton's Catwoman. Anne Hathaway was a cross between Bob Kane's Selina Kyle and Frank Millers'. Halle Berry was just awful, but she was someone named Patience Phillips, not Selina.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:12 PM
I am a basketball genius!

So you think she was bad because of the characters name?
Old 08-24-2013, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No, I actually think the character having a different name was a plus, because it prevented Hally Berry from defiling the Legacy of Selina Kyle. But the problem with Catwoman was not just that it was an awful film, but that it had nothing to do with the actual Catwoman from the Batman comics. Why did they even bother?
Old 08-26-2013, 02:40 PM

Unsure why they made the film. Anne Hathaway could get a Catwoman spin-off though. Is that something you would be interested in?
Old 08-29-2013, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It depends. Will it be in Nolan's universe, or part of a new, rebooted DC/WB cinematic universe like Marvel Studios? I don't know how Selina would come back if she's happily retired with Bruce in Europe.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:25 PM

Hathaway has made it known that she's interested in a Catwoman spin-off as long as it maintains ''total continuity with the Nolan universe iteration of the feline femme fatale.''
Old 08-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Then I guess she's gonna have to keep in touch with Bruce in some way during her exploits.

"Hey, baby. I'm off doing a job in Paris, but I'll be home in time for our weekend getaway in Greece. Love you!"
Old 08-30-2013, 03:11 PM

I guess. Now has Catwoman had other love interests that you know of?
Old 08-31-2013, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

She probably has, although none were when she was involved in a relationship with Bruce. If the two of them retired together I'm sure that would change things for her.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:22 PM

So you don't know if she dated Robin?
Old 09-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't believe she has. I know for a fact she didn't date Dick Grayson as he was more into Barbara Gordon, Jason Todd died, and Tim Drake was way too young for her.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:13 PM

OK. I was reading today that Barbara Gordon is now Oracle. Wonder how that happened?
Old 09-02-2013, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, Barbara Gordon was Oracle, after The Joker shot her in the spine and paralyzed her in the classic graphic novel 'The Killing Joke' by Alan Moore. But I was under the impression that the 'New 52' continuity rebooted all the titles and that Barbara was Batgirl once more.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:28 PM

I didn't even know that Batgirl was a redhead. I thought she was a blonde like in ''Batman Forever'' plus 'Batman & Robin''. You are correct about the Batgirl new 52. Barabara can walk in them.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
I didn't even know that Batgirl was a redhead. I thought she was a blonde like in ''Batman Forever'' plus 'Batman & Robin''. You are correct about the Batgirl new 52. Barabara can walk in them.
EEWWWWW! Don't even mention the Joel Schumacher films. They got everything wrong. First of all, Batgirl wasn't in Batman Forever, she was in Batman & Robin. Second, they made her a blonde and Alfred's niece in that movie for some reason, but in the comics Barbara Gordon was Commissioner Jim Gordon's daughter and she was a redhead. The movies did the same thing to Catwoman, remember? Tim Burton cast Michelle Pfeiffer as Selina Kyle in Batman Returns and made her a blonde, whearas Selina in the comics is dark haired like Anne Hathaway.

Yeah, I heard the New 52 gave Barbara her legs back, so I guess her Oracle days are behind her. Did she get the use of her legs back, or was this a rebooted continuity where her shooting never happened, like the old Crisis On Infinite Earths thing?